C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Thanks guys I'm trying to stick to a low fat diet as well as doing c25k but I must admit to the odd naughty sneaking in so I'm hoping the running will counter balance that bit, week 2 run 2 later I'm actually looking forward to it.

I'm following a diet and doing c25k. It helps with the weight loss!

Does anyone mis more than a day between runs? I've been so busy lately and can have a few days between runs. I can't feel it affecting my stamina but I suppose it may be?

Yes, sometimes I've missed more than a day - no more than about four or five days and I try to run every other day but sometimes it's just not practical to fit that in. I don't think it's had a negative effect on me - I've not had to repeat any days and early on I think longer breaks were actually doing me good because they were letting my knees recover :)

I'm up to W6D2 tonight and it doesn't seem to have done me any harm anyway :) I feel so much fitter than I used to!

Just completed W1D2 :) having huge problems with shin splints though, and I have good fitting running shoes so not sure why I keep getting injuries. Maybe it's my running form?

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

W2r2 done! Phew it's hard I can't see myself getting past w3 but I'm giving it my best. I do miss a day at w ends as I work but I run tues, thurs and sat, good luck all you fellow c25k followers, I'm not sure about any weight loss but I do feel a tiny bit fitter already

W2r2 done! Phew it's hard I can't see myself getting past w3 but I'm giving it my best. I do miss a day at w ends as I work but I run tues, thurs and sat, good luck all you fellow c25k followers, I'm not sure about any weight loss but I do feel a tiny bit fitter already

You'll definitely be able to get past week 3, just take each run as it comes and you'll get there :)

Trying to find the motivation to go out for w9r2 but the weather isn't inspiring me and it's only 2.5 weeks to my race.

It might rain for the whole of June, get out there and get it done and you can add it to your exercise ticker :)

Didn't do W9r2 but I did go out for a 20 minute speed interval run with and really pushed myself.

Hello ladies! :D just finished W1D1, loved it although i'm pretty knackered already, dear me... anyway, just thought i'd pop in here to say hello etc!

Well done :)

Awesome Emma, keep it up!

Just done W6D3 - twenty-five minutes of running with no walking. It was so much easier than I'd ever expected it to be! I could never have done that six weeks ago, it's amazing what the programme can do and I feel proud of myself for sticking with it. I wish I'd done it years ago :)

Week 6 is DONE :D

Congrats Rigby! I'm about to head out for W3D2, wish it were warmer outside though!

I started C25K in December and finished in February, but I still listen to Wk9 as I run. I use the NHS podcasts and love running with Laura - she's my new besty!! I also track my runs with runkeeper.com which I find very motivational. I broke my right hand a month ago so haven't been running, but as soon as my plaster is off I'll be off! I had set myself a goal of running 13 miles by end July and ran 8 miles in April, but after a six week lay-off I know I'll have a lot of catching up to do. Stick with it everyone because it does work.

I skipped week 2 and went on to finish W3D1 today :) easier than I expected with the 3 minutes running.. But suffering from shin splints now, ouch!

Just done day 2 week 4. I'm soaking wet now but very proud of myself for going out even though it's raining. Want to try and figure out how to work my apps on my phone so whilst listening to the podcast I can track how far I'm getting.

I listen to the NHS C25K podcast on my phone whilst tracking my run with runkeeper. Both are free to download, easy to use and very motivational.

I don't use apps for that sort of thing but walkjogrun.co.uk is good if you want to look up how long your running routes are :)

Back