C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

michmick said:
Just done day 2 week 4. I'm soaking wet now but very proud of myself for going out even though it's raining. Want to try and figure out how to work my apps on my phone so whilst listening to the podcast I can track how far I'm getting.

How do you feel you did? I did W4D1 yesterday and struggled a bit.

So I've started this again....and WILL see it through this time!

Week 7 day 2 complete. Wading through treacle doesn't even begin to cover it! Always feel I have energy in the tank after runs so decided to up the pace tonight and boy I feel it! Needed every ounce of encouragement from Laura! But covered 3.74k in 25.08 (versus 3.49 in 25.38) with much faster average times (all 6min 30+ versus 7 mins). Boy that was hard! I'm covered in sweat, lovely sight for my boy, seeing his new flat for first time and all I did was bung in dukan food for him to cook for me coming round!! Haha! Still not on track for 30 min 5k though :( x

Banana congrats on completing! 30minute 5k seems out of reach to me so you'll inspire me!! Misssomerset I feel much better doing this but my weight loss has stalled completely, about 2lb since I started v 3 stone in about 12 weeks before that!! (jan-April!) there are so many non weight loss benefits though, legs are toning! X

Lydiahoyle said:
I'm following a diet and doing c25k. It helps with the weight loss!

Does anyone mis more than a day between runs? I've been so busy lately and can have a few days between runs. I can't feel it affecting my stamina but I suppose it may be?

I miss more than one day at times, I guess it's better to do it than not at all! X

W9r2 completed and managed 5k in the 30 mins, boy am I exhausted now.

Wow, well done! :D

Thanks, never thought I'd do, although due to long term ankle tendonitis (strange how it has eased up since being refered for physio), fear of an increase in running time and dance rehearsals and performances taking up some of my running time it's taken me nearer 14 weeks than 9.

xeilidhx said:
Banana congrats on completing! 30minute 5k seems out of reach to me so you'll inspire me!! Misssomerset I feel much better doing this but my weight loss has stalled completely, about 2lb since I started v 3 stone in about 12 weeks before that!! (jan-April!) there are so many non weight loss benefits though, legs are toning! X

Thank you for your information,well done on your weight loss, I need to lose at least a stone but to be fair if I tone up I'll get into a smaller size anyhow so I'd be happy, W3D1 to master later. I'm secretly hoping the rain stays a bit to act as a cooling spray, I think I'm going to need it!

Just done day 2 week 4. I'm soaking wet now but very proud of myself for going out even though it's raining. Want to try and figure out how to work my apps on my phone so whilst listening to the podcast I can track how far I'm getting.

I use endomondo, it's free and tracks the calories for multiple sports so I use it while I go hacking too! x

Did the last day of week four today. Week 5 sounds terrifying!

Managed to figure out the mapmyrun app, I did 4.1K today, wow!

How do you feel you did? I did W4D1 yesterday and struggled a bit.
I've struggled all the way through but keep going!

Wish my iPod would stop deleting the podcast cause it's played already...trying to do week 7 day 3 and having to wait for jt to download in the asda car park on 3G! Rage! X

Tonight was the worst by far! Completed week 7 with the aim of 4k in 25 mins. Half way through the podcast stopped and I knew i was short of time so really pushed the last km. Did it in 5.55 but overall ran 25.28 and did 4.01 km cause the tracker jumped, so I guess 4 must have been around 25.10/15. I literally stopped dead though, was too knackered to cool down and had to stop to breathe before keeping going. Waaaaay off 30min 5k! X

Failed run 3 on week 9 tonight. I ran the first 15 mins well covering 2.7km which would have given me 5.4km in the time unfortunately my ankle started hurting half way through and I managed to continue at a slower pace for the next 11 minutes which took me to 4.3km before giving in and walking home. Try again on Sunday.

At least now however, I finally have a physio appointment to try and get my ankle sorted after a year where it has hurt more often than it hasn't.

W7D2 done here :) I changed my route this time and added hills, as I usually run mainly on the flat. Definitely made it harder but completing my 25min run was brilliant :)

Just done day 1 week 5 which wasn't too bad at all, it's days 2 & 3 that terrify me!
my left legs not fairing too week, shin splints (been very slight but sore today) and sore knee. Got my race for life in July, will then have a long rest to recover!

W3D2 done :) did some research on running form the other day to improve mine, and it seems to have worked. Bit of pain in my left leg again, shin splints rearing their ugly head! Hopefully with rest today & plenty of ice it'll soon get better..

W3D2 done phew I feel good now but at the time I felt like I was going to die!! My calf still kills despite stretches and warm up and I have a decent pair of running shoes so not sure what to do apart from run through it

Just done day 1 week 5 which wasn't too bad at all, it's days 2 & 3 that terrify me!
my left legs not fairing too week, shin splints (been very slight but sore today) and sore knee. Got my race for life in July, will then have a long rest to recover!

Don't be scared of the rest of the week - I was too but it's not as bad as you'd think :)

Back