C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Quick question.
I have just had my breakfast (porridge, yoghurt and fruit) and want to go for a run, I'm very limited for time today so was only going to wait half an hour before going. Is this ok or not long enough? Had a quick look on line and they say to wait 2-3 hours but if I want to run in the mornings this is waaaay to long. Being type 1 diabetic I wouldn't chance running without eating.
Any thoughts?

Well I went for it 30 mins after breakfast, didn't have any problems so assume OK!
Did day 2 week 5, 1st day I've enjoyed it! The thought of day 3 doesn't terrify me anymore. Strange to think I'm now not worried about jogging for 20 mins straight! Shin splints and knee are both the same ie not getting worse so not worried.

Well I went for it 30 mins after breakfast, didn't have any problems so assume OK!
Did day 2 week 5, 1st day I've enjoyed it! The thought of day 3 doesn't terrify me anymore. Strange to think I'm now not worried about jogging for 20 mins straight! Shin splints and knee are both the same ie not getting worse so not worried.

It's W5D3 for me today - funny I found the thought of jogging for 20 mins terrifying at the beginning of week 5 but after completing W5D2 I feel exactly the same - bring it on !!!!

I'm not going to be able to start week 8 for a while...even walking is a struggle after climbing ben nevis yesterday! x

Woo hoo!!! Just done day 3, week 5. Can't believe I ran for 20 mins straight ....well, slow jogged!!
Had a few hard bits a long the way, my left calf was hurting then my breathing was hard but I carried on and it was fine!
I've now joined a running forum and am even thinking about signing up for a 10k run once I've done my race for life 5k. Am I mad or what?!!!!

Woo hoo!!! Just done day 3, week 5. Can't believe I ran for 20 mins straight ....well, slow jogged!!
Had a few hard bits a long the way, my left calf was hurting then my breathing was hard but I carried on and it was fine!
I've now joined a running forum and am even thinking about signing up for a 10k run once I've done my race for life 5k. Am I mad or what?!!!!

Woohoo, congratulations on the 20mins! I couldn't believe I did it either, running is such a good feeling :D

Well done on doing 20 mins, just completed w3d3 and I can't see me getting past w4 but then I said that last week so I know this program works as I am seriously unfit.

Well done on doing 20 mins, just completed w3d3 and I can't see me getting past w4 but then I said that last week so I know this program works as I am seriously unfit.
Thanks. I was exactly the same, in fact in you look back in this thread I think I mention being terrified at the thought of the next week at the end of most weeks!!! It was much easier than I expected. That's not to say it was easy but I managed without almost passing out! Back to shorter runs and walking intervals next week.

I've got 28mins to do tonight - bring it on! :)

It's good to see everyone progressing.

I've finally finished week 9 and I ran 5.2km in the 30 minutes.

Tiphareth said:
It's good to see everyone progressing.

I've finally finished week 9 and I ran 5.2km in the 30 minutes.

Brilliant result , well done . I hate to admit the weather was so bad last night I re did w3d3 and didn't attempt w4d1

Just done W8D2 - 28mins running, covered 2.35 miles (3.8km). I'm slow but I'll improve. Very pleased about this one because I chose a hilly route again and it was much easier than last time I did hills! :D

Just done day 2 week 6. Struggled a bit today but suppose it goes like that, I'm really tired so maybe that's why. Ah well, day 3 tomorrow I hope.

I am, or have just finished week 2. Went a run in the ran, was fine on the way out but coming back was painful. Wind and ran snacking me in the face. Funny that two weeks ago I wouldn't have thought is ever go a run, nevermind a run in the rain. Enjoying the challange n looming forward to getting to where so many if u r at. It seems so far away!

Just finished week 6, 25 mins straight jogging. Did 4.7k but that includes the warm up and cool down. Finding it fine now, doesn't daunt me joggin for that long. The only problem I had today was a got stitch with 5 mins to go and that made the last 5 mins awful! Still I kept going, just slowed down a bit and it went as soon as I started the cool down.

Just finished week 8 :) Never imagined I'd reach this stage!

I'm having to have some time off, my shin splints have got much worse, going to rest until the weekend and hope I can then cope with a 25 mins jog again by then.

W4D2 done and I didn't have to pause for breath through last run tonight plus my leg isn't hurting as much, I'm hopefull I've got through it. Walked for a further 30 mins after so good cool down, maybe just maybe I will finish this challenge

Misssomerset said:
W4D2 done and I didn't have to pause for breath through last run tonight plus my leg isn't hurting as much, I'm hopefull I've got through it. Walked for a further 30 mins after so good cool down, maybe just maybe I will finish this challenge

Excellent :)

Back