C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Sorry to hear about your shin splints - hope you feel better soon.

Just done W9D1 - tiring but glad I did it :D

I have done week 2 day 2 this afternoon - first one I have done outside....found it harder than on the treadmill but reliably informed by OH (who was with me....with the dog!) that this is normal.
I have also invested in some Ascis trainers as I have flat arches so over-pronate when running and really don't want to aggreviate old knee/ankle aches and pains!

well, i decided to move onto week 4 and skip two runs of week three. i was really just trying it to see how it felt and i have to say i am so pleased with the results. yes it was a challange but totally felt within my capabilities. I was more than happy to try it and giev up if it felt too much but i didnt break from a run the whole time the wee app told me to run. so i am going to continue with week four, if i find it is too much i will hapily move back a week. if someone had told me three weeks ago i would enjoy running again i would have laughed in their face. what a great app :)

Went out yesterday even though I was supposed to be resting, I couldn't resist! Did day 1 of week 7. Have to say it felt like running in treacle so I suppose it serves me right!

what app is everyone using for this?

Just finished W5D3, I honestly didn't think I could ever reach the level of stamina that I now have :D

I use the NHS podcasts - you can download them from iTunes for free :)

thats what i've been using, just didn't know if there were any different ones.

I finished week 2 today.....feeling pleased with myself!

Completed Week 7 Day 2 using the NHS podcasts - couldn't have done it without them !!! Still find it hard to believe that when I started this I really struggled to run for just 60 seconds and here I am on week 7 running for 25 minutes, not saying it's a breeze but I can do it. At the moment I am finding it more of a mental challenge - anyone else find this ?

unfortunately Ive had the flu for two weeks so have only completed week 7 and am running race for life 5k this weekend! x

Completed Week 7 Day 2 using the NHS podcasts - couldn't have done it without them !!! Still find it hard to believe that when I started this I really struggled to run for just 60 seconds and here I am on week 7 running for 25 minutes, not saying it's a breeze but I can do it. At the moment I am finding it more of a mental challenge - anyone else find this ?

oh yeah, def a mental challange x

I'm using Run Double on my Android phone and completed week 9 which is the final week a couple of weeks ago. I've always found it more mentally challenging than physically. Until this week when I started the 5k Improvers which is also on Run Double, where I have to run 300m walk 100m for 5k - I ran far to fast to begin with and found out what it was like to push myself far too hard.

After skipping weeks 8 and 9 through illness/pain (Ben Nevis climb week 8 then flu/cold week 9) I did race for life this morning. Initially aiming 30 mins, then 35 and think I did 36...but the tracker measures 5.4k! I did it! Any tips-should i just continue on week 9 or go back to fully complete? I'd like to keep running! X

Week 3 day 1 done! 3 mins wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

Back