C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

fs22 said:
Week 3 day 1 done! 3 mins wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.
Well done.. Wish I was still on w3 not struggling with w5, repeated w5d1 today and found it slightly better but far from easy so going to do it again on thurs before I move up to w5d2. Keep going you will get there

Jogged 5k tonight. Managed but slower pace than Sunday. Lovely boyfriend ran with me so I'll blame him for slowing me down, in reality I just xouldnt push it!! I'll be aiming for consistent distances not speed for the foreseeable future and aiming to complete regular 5k distances irrespective of time. It's all got to help!

Assuming I'm counting this as week 9 now despite skipping week 8? So it'd be week 9 run 2. 36 mins.

5k again tonight. 35.12, 90 seconds faster than Wednesday in the pouring rain tonight!!! I had a really sore hamstring after 1k though...but managed to continue :) who would ever have imagined I'd run 5k 3x in a week?!

i'm in week 8 of c25k atm. should have graduated a couple of weeks back but illness forced a 2 week break. running race for life tomorrow morning. bit nervous but i *think* i can run the full 5k now. i'm slow, so realistic goal of 45minutes. can't believe that a couple of months ago i was struggling to run 3 minutes. amazed at myself!

Good luck, you can do it! I managed having only completed up to week 7 due to illness and now I'd say I've graduated, just missed week 8 out!!x

Good luck all . I'm slowly getting there after rerunning a couple days on w5, I think it doesn't matter how long it takes to get there it's the getting there that counts .

I have to say I started using c25k 2 weeks ago and the jump to week 3 I thought was massive but everyone here is so encouraging! Glad to have found this thread!

Rainbowbear said:
I have to say I started using c25k 2 weeks ago and the jump to week 3 I thought was massive but everyone here is so encouraging! Glad to have found this thread!

Aw good! Keep at it, go at ur own pace. You will get there xxx

W5 DONE !! OMG I ran (slowly) for a whole 20 mins!! Unbelievable guys this programme really does work! Keep it up everyone if I can get this far anyone can and I mean anyone

W5 DONE !! OMG I ran (slowly) for a whole 20 mins!! Unbelievable guys this programme really does work! Keep it up everyone if I can get this far anyone can and I mean anyone

Well done Misssomerset. Its a great feeling :)

I've been MIA for a while, but thats me now into Week 7. I'll be doing Week 7 Run2 tomorrow. Bring it on!!

Just wanted to say today I completed week 6 day 2. Which was 2 x 10 min runs.

I'm actually shocked at the start I was dying legs aching out of breath couldnt possibly run and longer than 60 seconds at a time and here I am quite happily running along.

I've put the c2 10k on my phone and when I complete this I intend to keep going.

Anyone who is at the start just want to say believe in yourself and this program as you can and will do it :)

Just wanted to say today I completed week 6 day 2. Which was 2 x 10 min runs.

I'm actually shocked at the start I was dying legs aching out of breath couldnt possibly run and longer than 60 seconds at a time and here I am quite happily running along.

I've put the c2 10k on my phone and when I complete this I intend to keep going.

Anyone who is at the start just want to say believe in yourself and this program as you can and will do it :)

Thanks for the encouragement! Glad to see its not just me who at the beginning had aching legs (I'm still there but 3 weeks behind you). It's posts like yours and above that make me feel I might still manage this if I keep at it :)

Haven't posted for a while but completed the last run today! Feel like there should be some sort of fanfare or something!
my aim now is to just increase how far I go each time by a couple of meters, maybe eventually doing 10k.
Race for life 5k next weekend.

michmick said:
Haven't posted for a while but completed the last run today! Feel like there should be some sort of fanfare or something!
my aim now is to just increase how far I go each time by a couple of meters, maybe eventually doing 10k.

Well done!! If u wanna increase your distance, what about "bridge to 10k", it is design to move u from 5k to 10k.

Congratulations again xxx

Hi

I started doing this a few months ago and was really enjoying it until my phone died. :( I'd really like to get back into it and should be getting my phone back again soon. I'll let you know when i start again and how it goes. I hope the weather improves though.

Well done! That's amazing!!!!! Goodluck with the race too!

Completed week 6 today really pleased with myself and I shall keep it going.

Can't believe I ran for 25 minutes such an achievement. Really proud of myself :)

Roll on week 7

started back on week 1 day one yesterday, felt like i was dying, but is aint gonna do itself

tracy

Back