C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

taskey said:
started back on week 1 day one yesterday, felt like i was dying, but is aint gonna do itself

tracy

Keep at it and you will soon be flying.
W6 completed I'm kinda enjoying this running in the rain I'm not sure a hot evening would benefit me at all.

Misssomerset said:
Keep at it and you will soon be flying.
W6 completed I'm kinda enjoying this running in the rain I'm not sure a hot evening would benefit me at all.

Me too! And I run to Rhianna n the first song is umbrella n everytime it makes me smile lol. Once I completed week 6 of c25k I jumped ship to week 4 of zero to 10k n finding it ok x

Well done! :)

Think i may look into that app as I'm really enjoying this and I'd love to continue the journey as I'm worried that no little voice pushing me will cause me to slack.rain again here today so another soaking but it's welcome.i haven't idea why so many people are still heading to the west country for holidays we are washed out!!

Misssomerset said:
Think i may look into that app as I'm really enjoying this and I'd love to continue the journey as I'm worried that no little voice pushing me will cause me to slack.rain again here today so another soaking but it's welcome.i haven't idea why so many people are still heading to the west country for holidays we are washed out!!

I love the little voice in my ear! My fone wasn't charged one day n o tried to rub without it to little success x

Does anyone do this programme at the gym? On the treadmill instead of outside? Xx

Last edited:
Does anyone do this programme at the gym? On the treadmill instead of outside? Xx

I've been doing it on both as I find running outside sometimes just too hard.

I struggle keep going on the treadmill, don't know why? X

Just done race for life and I'm ashamed to say I didn't run the whole way but I could of ran further had my running partner been a bit fitter although I don't think I would of managed 5k which is quite worrying as I'm now on w7

Week 7 day 2 completed :)

I actually ran 5k today really enjoyed it and could of kept going :)

Ran for 28 mins today non stop wooohoooo

Just done race for life and I'm ashamed to say I didn't run the whole way but I could of ran further had my running partner been a bit fitter although I don't think I would of managed 5k which is quite worrying as I'm now on w7

Don't feel ashamed! It's amazing you completed 5k (andby sounds of it a lot was running)! I'm hoping if I can run even half of it in October I'll be happy :)

I've just completed the couch to 5k and I can't believe I managed to do it but this program really does work

bit2lose37 said:
I've just completed the couch to 5k and I can't believe I managed to do it but this program really does work

Thaw great to hear!

So frustrated with this bloody chest infection: I'm actually missing the challenge of running! I must be sick... I never thought I would ever say that in my lifetime! :eek:

bit2lose37 said:

That's a fantastic achievement, I hope to be able to post this myself in a couple of weeks. Keep it up and hopefully we will meet on the other side of 10k

Hi all, newbie to c25k here. Did Week 1 Day 1 earlier tonight and have to say it wasn't too bad. Although when I got to the 6th run I thought it was my last and inwardly groaned when the lady on my podcast said there were two more! Got a stitch just before the end which nearly made me stop but very glad i kept going.

Took the dog too and that seemed to make it easier as i was so busy watching her at times that it took my mind off the fact that I was exercising lol

My "run" is probably just slightly faster than a brisk walk so I'm no paula radcliffe but bit by bit I'll get there. I've registered for a parkrun nearby too and using that as motivation to complete the programme... hopefully once I've finished the programme I can run 5k every single week! :)

I've started doing the NHS C25K podcasts and tomorrow is W2R2. My calf muscles get tired VERY quickly when I'm running. They are fine once I go back to the walking bit and then start up again when I run. Is this normal and will it just get better the more I do?

WillowFae said:
I've started doing the NHS C25K podcasts and tomorrow is W2R2. My calf muscles get tired VERY quickly when I'm running. They are fine once I go back to the walking bit and then start up again when I run. Is this normal and will it just get better the more I do?

Yes, just something ur body isn't used to x

Back