C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

I am sooo slow lol! X

I am too, but I'm beating myself up less about that.

I like these quotes:

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping those sitting on the couch."

If I remind myself of them often enough, I'm hoping I'll start to believe that my 'running' is OK. I can run further than I ever, ever thought I could - and who knows how far I might be able to run one day!

Can't you just tell that the running bug has bitten me again today :)

cjnvgn said:
I am too, but I'm beating myself up less about that.

I like these quotes:

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping those sitting on the couch."

If I remind myself of them often enough, I'm hoping I'll start to believe that my 'running' is OK. I can run further than I ever, ever thought I could - and who knows how far I might be able to run one day!

Can't you just tell that the running bug has bitten me again today :)

I'm gonna use the lapping those on the couch quote to get me going today! Wanna just sit on the couch myself :-/

cjnvgn said:
Isn't it just the BEST feeling! I really don't know how C25K 'works' in such a short space of time, but it's amazing what we can achieve if we give ourselves the chance. I'm proud of myself today, and it sounds like you're proud of you too! Love it!!

It really is such an achievement...i think everyone should be proud regardless of what week their on or how long they run, were all making steps no matter how small to be a healthier and fitter person :) x

Well, I've finished week 3!

On each run I managed the 3 min runs but my calves were agony! The thought of running for 5 mins on Wed is scary and doesn't seem possible. Should I repeat week 3 or assume I can do it and move on?

WillowFae said:
Well, I've finished week 3!

On each run I managed the 3 min runs but my calves were agony! The thought of running for 5 mins on Wed is scary and doesn't seem possible. Should I repeat week 3 or assume I can do it and move on?

I'd say trust the programme, and do Week 4. Everyone's different, but I spent the whole time not believing I was ready for the next step up. I was ready. I did do it.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

cjnvgn said:
I'd say trust the programme, and do Week 4. Everyone's different, but I spent the whole time not believing I was ready for the next step up. I was ready. I did do it.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Ditto x

I used the c25k to get started and then the bridge to 10k app.... Well I'm now using the Hal higdon half marathon novice app. I can run for 98 minutes or 8 miles straight and am completing the great north run in just over 3 weeks! I'm definately not the fastest runner in the world but to all of you just starting and worrying that you'll not be able to do it, I assure you you can. Just go slow and steady. Good luck - you'll love running :)

I started c25k earlier in the year and was on the final week doing and feeling really good until I went on holiday in June. Whilst I was away I tore the meniscus cartilage in my knee so have done none since. Doc says its a minor tear so no op, still twinges a bit but want to get it started again. Any advice...best to start again??? Pick up midway? See how it goes???

I have this problem as I tore a ligament in my ankle, no.idea when I can start running again Xx

I am now on week4 of c25k.. Nearly died when I heard run for 5 minutes... But I done it...x

sookie said:
I am now on week4 of c25k.. Nearly died when I heard run for 5 minutes... But I done it...x

Well done! I start week 4 tomorrow. Dreading it!

Did my first week 4 run! The 5 mins runs weren't as bad as I thought and I'm definitely glad I decided to move onto week 4 rather than repeating week 3 :)

Glad it was ok, was wondering how you got on. Keep it up :)

Anahita_x said:
Glad it was ok, was wondering how you got on. Keep it up :)

Thanks I certainly intend to do so, though I'm back at school on Thur so will have to get up REALLY early to do the runs!

Did my first week 4 run! The 5 mins runs weren't as bad as I thought and I'm definitely glad I decided to move onto week 4 rather than repeating week 3 :)

Really happy for you - I'm glad you decided to move onto Week 4 too! Keep up that momentum x

Hi, did anyone start C25K when they were very big? I have lots to lose but quite fancy giving this a go. I am a little worried that my knees and ankles might not hold out though. Does anyone have any advice?

Back