C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

I completed the c25k last year then for some reason I just stopped. Started running again 3 weeks ago and this morning I ran for 40mins 38secs continuously and I enjoyed it. I am aiming for a maximum of an hour. I also run slowly but I don't care. I am not racing and will never race, it will always be for fun.

Ktdd18 said:
I'm just over 17 stone at the moment.

I was around 15 stone when I started and it did hurt my joints but I took it very slowly and had good supportive trainers and I put gel pads in them. I also had a knee support, which ino longer use and I am just under 14 stone now.

Good luck xx

Give it a go.... if you struggle.... then just walk..... It'll help the weight off and you'll get into the habit of going out 3 times a week!!!

Then try again every stone or so..... you can do it!!!

X

Completed week 5 run 3 this morning. I'm really pleased that i managed to run for a solid 20 minutes, i really didn't think i would be able to do that a few weeks ago. :)

Last day of week 7 and I did it...finally ran 5k in a time of 35mins...even when I was at my lightest I could never have ran that far.. Now im gonna try and get in under 3o mins, onwards and upwards :) x

Ktdd18 said:
I'm just over 17 stone at the moment.

A friend of mine is about that and she has just completed the whole programme :)

That's week 4 done and dusted! Final run was this morning. I forgot to turn back (I go up and down the canal tow path) so was out longer. I got to the end of the podcast and was very naughty. I went back 10 mins and did the last 5 min run again!

Thanks for encouraging me to move onto week 4. Now I just have to face the dreaded week 5 starting on Mon. At the moment I can't quite see how I'll be running for 20 mins non stop by this time next week!

staceylou18 said:
Last day of week 7 and I did it...finally ran 5k in a time of 35mins...even when I was at my lightest I could never have ran that far.. Now im gonna try and get in under 3o mins, onwards and upwards :) x

That's amazing! And you did it before the end of the 9 weeks :)

That's week 4 done and dusted! Final run was this morning. I forgot to turn back (I go up and down the canal tow path) so was out longer. I got to the end of the podcast and was very naughty. I went back 10 mins and did the last 5 min run again!

Thanks for encouraging me to move onto week 4. Now I just have to face the dreaded week 5 starting on Mon. At the moment I can't quite see how I'll be running for 20 mins non stop by this time next week!

You'll suprise yourself hun!!

X

I have started this today, downloaded it to my ipod and off I went.
Whilst doing it I honestly thought no I don't want to do it, I can't be bothered but before I knew it I had done it.
My problem is laziness. It's not that I can't do it, I can but I chose not to. Do you understand what I mean?
Now I am at home I am thinking wise up get on with it.
I really hope I can keep going with it....I'm only on day 1.

Jerseylicious said:
I have started this today, downloaded it to my ipod and off I went.
Whilst doing it I honestly thought no I don't want to do it, I can't be bothered but before I knew it I had done it.
My problem is laziness. It's not that I can't do it, I can but I chose not to. Do you understand what I mean?
Now I am at home I am thinking wise up get on with it.
I really hope I can keep going with it....I'm only on day 1.

You can keep going, make a point,of doing it 3 tines each week! I started with this programme about 14 weeks ago,x not being able to run! And yesterday I ran a 10k race! It's doable x

Started this again today - made it to week 6 (I think) a couple of months ago, then went on holiday, got sidetracked and stopped doing it!

Been building fitness up over the last few days just with walking on a gradient and today completed week 1 day 1 of get running (app on iphone). 200 calories burnt, 25 mins of exercise as I was naughty and missed out some of the warmup and warmdown but feel so much better for it. Roll on Day 2!

This time i'm going to follow it properly, have rest days and not running too far before I can walk!

Okay, the next one is the big one! Week 5 run 2 was completed this morning. Friday is the big day!!!!!!

:( i'mn not going to be able to run this week. I was ill yesterday and today and i'm going to a festival from tomorrow. It feels weird not doing it. I just hope that i can get back into it easily next week and don't let things drift.

OMG - I DID it!!!! The dreaded week 5 run 3!!! And when Laura said to slow down I was shocked. It hadn't felt like 20 mins and I could have kept going. I have had the most ridiculous grin on my face all morning. What an amazing way to start the day :D

WillowFae said:
OMG - I DID it!!!! The dreaded week 5 run 3!!! And when Laura said to slow down I was shocked. It hadn't felt like 20 mins and I could have kept going. I have had the most ridiculous grin on my face all morning. What an amazing way to start the day :D

Fantastic!!!!! I'm only up to week2 day 2 is nxt. Still feeling shattered. I can't wait till I can run for
20 mins

ClareusAdams said:
Completed week 5 run 3 this morning. I'm really pleased that i managed to run for a solid 20 minutes, i really didn't think i would be able to do that a few weeks ago. :)

That the run I am doing tomorrow... X

WillowFae said:

Well done... X

So after starting out with good intentions of running 3 times a week I just did the first run then stopped for about 3 or 4 weeks lol. I got up super early this morning with the intention of getting back on track so powered up my ipod with Laura on and off I went.

Then I realised I didn't have weeks 2 or 3 downloaded for some reason (I thought I had downloaded them all at the same time) so, deciding week 1 was a bit too easy but not sure about skipping so far ahead I took the plunge and decided to try week 4.

OMG I found it ok! I struggled slightly with the second 5 minute run but I managed it and once I had finished the session I felt so good that I turned back to week 1 and completed it too :) haha

Yet those few weeks ago week 1 on it's own seemed really exhausting? not too hard but left me really wheezing even at a slow pace. I can only surmise my weightloss has a big part in me being able to skip ahead like that! Very pleased :)

Timed myself round a 5k route too and reckon with just a little more practise I'll be brave enough to show my face at a weekly parkrun event! hehe

Back