C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Hi there, I've just started the program using an app on my iPhone, but I've noticed a few people mentioning Laura? Can someone explain who she is?!

Thanks

Alan

Hi there, I've just started the program using an app on my iPhone, but I've noticed a few people mentioning Laura? Can someone explain who she is?!

Thanks

Alan

Hey!
If you go to itunes podcasts and search for nhs c25k it'll come up. I also have another free c25k app but that just talks to you. The nhs one plays music and the minutes fly by. Good luck

Ugh, winter! I got down the canal just before 6am this morning and it was noticeably darker. Not sure how I'm going to manage to keep running in the winter :(

smartie831 said:
I'm looking forward to it getting colder. Is that sad? Also running past houses with Xmas decs. Haha!

I'm not too concerned about the cold, it's the dark

WillowFae said:
I'm not too concerned about the cold, it's the dark

I know what you mean. I was running through the woods yesterday evening and was conscious that I was running with my iPhone strapped to my arm on display. Felt better when I passed a policeman on a mountain bike but need a better route when my other half doesn't come.

Hi guys. After tearing a ligament 8 weeks ago, I'm back to running, not sure if its a good idea but it felt ok. Starting from scratch, just completed week 1 day 1, went well :)

Hi guys. After tearing a ligament 8 weeks ago, I'm back to running, not sure if its a good idea but it felt ok. Starting from scratch, just completed week 1 day 1, went well :)

Wohoo :)

WillowFae said:
OMG - I DID it!!!! The dreaded week 5 run 3!!! And when Laura said to slow down I was shocked. It hadn't felt like 20 mins and I could have kept going. I have had the most ridiculous grin on my face all morning. What an amazing way to start the day :D

When I completed that run I could have cried...I just hate hearing only 60 seconds left.... The 60 seconds seem to be longer than the 20 min jog lol x

LOL!!

Today was the final run of week 6 and I did 25 mins :)

Well done to all of you; I find your posts very encouraging. Just did my second run on week 1 C25K. Barely managed the 1 minute jogs -shock shock :O
I will keep at it though!

trimlee said:
Well done to all of you; I find your posts very encouraging. Just did my second run on week 1 C25K. Barely managed the 1 minute jogs -shock shock :O
I will keep at it though!

It does get easier! I was the same :) x

week 4 day 3 complete! Time to move onto week 5, but struggled with week 4 tbh. having looked ahead week 5 day 1 is just the same as week 4 but I'm not sure whether or not to repeat week 4 totally or just go for week 5. Decisions Decisions!

Money-penny said:
week 4 day 3 complete! Time to move onto week 5, but struggled with week 4 tbh. having looked ahead week 5 day 1 is just the same as week 4 but I'm not sure whether or not to repeat week 4 totally or just go for week 5. Decisions Decisions!

Move forward! Def, can obly try? D

Money-penny said:

Move on! I was unsure about moving on from week 3 to 4 but was persuaded to trust the programme. So I did and it was totally doable!

Hot water bottle or warm bath always helps my muscles Xx

Need to do week 1 run 3 tomorrow, on a 12 hr today and gym shuts when I finish work, its be too dark at 9pm this eve! Iv worked 60jra this week so done well to squeeze in week 1!! X

Back