C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

smartie831 said:
Woke up to calf pain this morning. They feel really really tight. Any suggestions? :( just googling some stretches... I'm such a novice!

If it is soreness rather than pain then it just might be DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) which will wear off. DOMS might be helped by stretches. If more serious pain then other measures are needed.

Anahita_x said:
Need to do week 1 run 3 tomorrow, on a 12 hr today and gym shuts when I finish work, its be too dark at 9pm this eve! Iv worked 60jra this week so done well to squeeze in week 1!! X

Hey, we're at the same point Anahita; I just did Week 1 run 3 this morning!
I found it as tough physically as I had before but better mentally -getting more convinced I can do it. Thanks to my C25K seniors on this forum :)

Hey, we're at the same point Anahita; I just did Week 1 run 3 this morning!
I found it as tough physically as I had before but better mentally -getting more convinced I can do it. Thanks to my C25K seniors on this forum :)

You CAN do it! I was convinced I couldn't but I only have 2 and a half weeks left - and I'm actually enjoying it!

WillowFae said:
You CAN do it! I was convinced I couldn't but I only have 2 and a half weeks left - and I'm actually enjoying it!

I also thought I couldn't and I completed my first 10k race 2 weeks ago. Couldn't run 60secs when I started!

Money-penny said:
Took your advice and very glad I did too! Week 5 day 1 complete, with ease, so much so that once I'd finished the session I put my ipod back to the start and did it all over again! whoop! :)

Well done!

Hello! I'm about to start the C25K challenge, I'm absolutely terrified but strangely excited too.

I used to love running (pre kids and extra weight) but I struggle to run for a bus now. Since January I've been trying to build up my fitness levels (extra walking and aqua areobics) and I've decided now is the time to bite the bullet and run again. It's going to be very tough I think but I'm determind to give it a good go :D

Last edited:
Well done Emma :) I'm on week 1, hoping to start week 2 tomorrow, it gets easier :)

I did it!! W1 D1 done :D It was OK until the last 3 runs. They were so hard and I really had to push myself. I actually thought my legs were going to give way.

Man, I can't believe I'll be doing it again in 2 days :O

I'm glad there are some other new starters like me. My Wk 2 starts on Thursday!

time2go said:
Trimlee, do I know u from exante? X

No time2go, but once upon a time I was on Lipotrim! :D

Just did my first day I found it so hard my niece came with me she walks and runs so fast. I told her she needs to slow down I should of planned the route better as we ended up running up hill lol. It tired me out too much and just could not carry on. I then restarted my ipod so lost where I was. But I think we did 6 runs and a bit. But it can only get better and I have found a flat area to run so Wednesday should be better.

Had my first running fail tonight. I was doing the 8 week run for the first time. I got to about 22 mins and had to stop as my stomach muscles suddenly started hurting :(. I'd done the 25 minute runs last week without any problems so feel quite depressed that I had to stop. Oh well I guess I'll just have to try again on Thursday.

ClareusAdams said:
Had my first running fail tonight. I was doing the 8 week run for the first time. I got to about 22 mins and had to stop as my stomach muscles suddenly started hurting :(. I'd done the 25 minute runs last week without any problems so feel quite depressed that I had to stop. Oh well I guess I'll just have to try again on Thursday.

Going out a run is never a fail x

Week 8 done and dusted! Can't believe my first 30 min run will be in two days time!

Well done all you guys! I start week 2 yesterday but had a very bad pain in my knee, I always worry about damaging my joints.. I stopped at 16mins..I think I may ha e to lose some more weight before continuing it again.. I stuck to the excercise bike, treadmill and rower yesterday and it was ok. Fitted abit the running :( x

WillowFae said:
Week 8 done and dusted! Can't believe my first 30 min run will be in two days time!

Well done!!! I am hoping to finish week 7 tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Did week1 day today on my own as my niece is ill. I still can't run a full minute after I have done the first one. Think I get to around 40 sec it my breathing that is stopping me. But I did all 8 and kept going just need to build it up to the full minute now. Does anybody start coughing when they have finish running for around 20 mins?

Back