C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

I did Joanne when I first started the programme, had a wheezy chest too as if I had a cold but as time has gone on it has gotten much better and I hardly have it at all (although I still get it now mildly).

Keep going you're doing really well, I found the 1 minute runs a serious struggle when I started too (at around your current weight), but as you progress and as you lose weight it will get easier and you will be able to run full minutes with ease -I'm now managing to run for 8 minute stints and my next run is the dreaded 20 minutes eek lol

I've been reading running forums and the consensus on c25k seems to be that beginners go too fast, so maybe try slowing your run down a little would help? My run when I began was ridiculously slow anyway so when I was advised to slow it down even more I thought it was ridiculous, might as well walk I thought! But... have to say it's a method that works - it's all about building stamina, doesn't matter how slow you are running even if it does seem like just a smidge above a fast walk as long as you try your best to keep going.

Oh, and don't look at your feet or the ground when you run - lift your head and look at the horizon/pick an object in the distance to focus on - someone advised me to do this and I find it a great help, distracts me from the fact that I am half dying and I don't think about stopping so much as I always aim to at least make it to the landmark in the distance that I have chosen.

Hope this helps even a teeny bit x

After tuesdays bad run this morning I managed to do the 28 minute run and according to my Nike plus ran 5.05km! I feel quite proud of myself now :)

I've done it! Week 9 run 1. My first 30 minute run :)

ClareusAdams said:
After tuesdays bad run this morning I managed to do the 28 minute run and according to my Nike plus ran 5.05km! I feel quite proud of myself now :)

Well done x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Run 3 week 7 done.. Struggling with speed but I will get there, for me this is about running for an amount of time.. I will focus on speed next haha

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Subscribing to thread. :)

That's it. I'm done. Week 9 is complete and I'm officially a graduate :)

I started this in 8th August and running for 60 seconds nearly killed me. I didn't for one moment feel as if it was remotely achievable. But it was.

So if you are just starting or thinking about starting running please do it! It will work :)

WillowFae said:

I started this in 8th August and running for 60 seconds nearly killed me. I didn't for one moment feel as if it was remotely achievable. But it was.

So if you are just starting or thinking about starting running please do it! It will work :)

Well done :). I should be finishing on Saturday :)

WillowFae said:

Well done.. Are you going to order your graduate t/shirt?...Must be a great feeling.. I'm starting week 8 Friday.. Been on holiday I only managed to jog once and had to get up at 5am to do that as did try once at 7am but was way to hot and only managed 15 mins before I gave in.. But back on track now..

sookie said:
Well done.. Are you going to order your graduate t/shirt?...Must be a great feeling.. I'm starting week 8 Friday.. Been on holiday I only managed to jog once and had to get up at 5am to do that as did try once at 7am but was way to hot and only managed 15 mins before I gave in.. But back on track now..

I do want a t-shirt but am going to wait till I've lost more weight. I do have my graduate badge on the website :)

Hi Guys - I've just started and will complete Week 1 this Saturday. Have to say loving it so far and am, surprisingly, finding it manageable (at the moment lol). Doing it at home on my treadmill.

You mentioned a graduate badge on the website and a t-shirt. Can you point me in the direction of the website as I might be able to pick up some useful info. Many thanks and well done to everyone who has either graduated or still working towards it. :)

WillowFae said:
I do want a t-shirt but am going to wait till I've lost more weight. I do have my graduate badge on the website :)

I don't know of either of these things!

WillowFae said:

Nice one... Congratulations once again xx

YAY! Completed week 9 run 3 this morning! :). Really pleased to have done it and I've now set myself a new challenge for next year :)

Well done, you must be really chuffed. Week 2 starts tomorrow for me! :)

Ooh about to redo week 8 on Sunday, due to having a cough and cold week 8 took me just over 2 weeks, so I want to get a week of being able to run for 20 minutes comfortably and then will move onto my final week eek :)

Back