C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Still on week one but getting better because I live on a hill if you run down you have to run up. When I get to run 4 it's up hill so next week going to start some hill training on my days off from C25K. Today we had to put up with 2 girls shouting nasty things and then they did the same on the run the other way.

i was thinking of doing this plan a few months back never ever started ,,, i have never run half a mile without stopping ,last week i was envouraged to go for a run i did get this 4 miles took me 50 mins like. yesterday i done another run 5.11 miles felt amazing well tonight i ran 6.2 miles i didnt know but that is 10 k on a third run for somebody that has never in there life ran for ten mins i ran solid for 1 hour 10 mins and after i done a 2 mile walk to cool down so basiccllyyy my point is... whatever doubts you have try the plan and just see where you get because you will probably surprise yourself like i have

Woohoo!!!! Finally done a 5k run :)

Took 47 mins, but it's a start :)

I started this a few weeks ago and completed week 1 and 2 with no problems but week 3 really threw me, so might repeat week 2 again.

Ok as I live beside the sea and the beach is mostly empty of people instead of walking I have decided to give this a go.:)

Just done week 1 run 1.:)
I really enjoyed it and have already picked up timer points along the way so I know when I'm nearly done with the running bit before walking again.
Next run will be Thursday.:)

Well hello GF - I've been lurking but not been around too much on here. The other thread is doing my head in with the same old same old so I've fallen by the minimims wayside a little. Glad you're going to give this a go. I'm on week 6 and really enjoying it. Finding it challenging but in a good way. I'm on the treadmill at home with my trusty podcasts - I envy you being able to run on the beach.

The podcasts are great although the music is just horrific. But it makes me smile - in a so bad its good way! Hope you get on ok - there's a good forum Health Unlocked for any tips and folk do little blogs about their runs. Its quite useful.

Enjoy! xx

Started on Week 3 day 1 today, had tried week 2 day 1 yesterday but found it a bit boring as I've been working on the treadmill for the past couple of weeks. Going to be doing couch to 5k on the treadmill initially as I'm a wimp and it's too cold outside but hopefully by the time Spring comes I'll have progressed past it and running 5k outside shouldn't be much harder :)
It's a great programme, definitely makes the treadmill a bit more interesting!

Jenna88 said:
Started on Week 3 day 1 today, had tried week 2 day 1 yesterday but found it a bit boring as I've been working on the treadmill for the past couple of weeks. Going to be doing couch to 5k on the treadmill initially as I'm a wimp and it's too cold outside but hopefully by the time Spring comes I'll have progressed past it and running 5k outside shouldn't be much harder :)
It's a great programme, definitely makes the treadmill a bit more interesting!

Try zero to 10k then x

Jenna88 said:
God, 10k seems sooo far away haha! Can't wait to get to that stage :) Didn't even know there was an app for it but very much appreciate the info :)

Honestly if u r finding c25k boring do this. It is for those that have a little running ability. Just look into it! It eases you in, I promise x

Jenna88 said:
Oh god no it's not boring I definitely worded myself incorrectly! Sweat way dripping off me by the end of today's session haha!

Look into it....

Cannot believe I am on my last week of the programme! Two more runs left (all being well) on Wednesday after work and then Saturday morning. Over the 5k mark if you include the brisk walking but not quite there on just the running alone, although getting closer. This morning I managed 4.38k on the running alone. Really don't feel I can go much faster at the moment though! But its good I have something to aim for, and to be honest I never in a million years thought I would be able to run for 30 minutes!

As a bonus, since I have been doing this, my weight has continued to drop, despite having quite lax weekends on the food-front. :)

Well it's been a bit of a long time being on week 1 but lots of illness and shine splints but have done week 1 ready to move on to
week 2 on Monday. Hoping it will be a little easier still shocked at how hard it has been to run 1 min. And I now can run up hills cant wait to run in the snow if we get some.

Is anyone still doing C25K? I've started from the beginning again. Just finished Week 2. Yay!

I started at the weekend. I'd kind of been doing similar on my own on the treadmill, but running for (only very slightly) longer and walking for a bit shorter, so I'm hoping I ease into it ok. I'm due to do the second day of Week 1 tomorrow and am going to try and stick at it!

Back