C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

I just finished R1 W3, yay! Good luck and well done on your weight loss so far. Thats brilliant!

Thank you - looks like we've got about the same amount left to go! I just went under BMI of 30 last week, and never thought I'd get there! It'll be good to keep each other company on this C25K too - am going to do my W1 R2 at lunchtime today (again, on the treadmill in my kitchen!) Did you get through week 2 ok? x

Its a huge achievement to break through the BMI of 30. Well done!!

Ok so I've just completed w3. The last minute of the last run did seem to go on forever! It seems unlikely that I'll be running for 20 mins soon, but I did it last year so I know I can do it.

Starting w4 tomorrow. How are you getting on? x

Just about to start W2 tonight (9 o'clock!) and it's been fine so far, and tonight should be ok too, I just hope that something happens soon and I actually start finding it less boring. I just look at the clock and count down through boredom rather than through tiredness - any tips?!

You're nearly there with the BMI too, this has got to be helping masses, surely? :)

Have been looking at the C25K programme for the past 3weeks now and have kept putting it off...............but I've went out and bought some decent running shoes and I'm gonna take the plunge on Monday.

I'm hoping aswell as helping with my fatloss it will help ioncrease my aerobic base, which is lacking big time at the moment.

I'm also thinking of adding 2x5x20 sprints on off days to help with endurance

Good luck on Monday! I have (just 5 mins ago!) finished week 2 and survived! That sounds like a good plan with the sprints, let me know how that goes :) I swim on the days I haven't been running, and the variety keeps me sane, but endurance is definitely in short supply here!

well done Charlie......have you noticed a big difference over the two weeks?

The swimming will be a great way to mix it up a bit due to it using different muscles and being non impact based..............I'm goin for sprints due to the sport I'm playing which involves short bursts of running with rest periods in between (so in effect training my body to be able to run at high intensinty for short periods)

but this should hopefully help with the longer distance C25K also (emphasis on the hopefully :p)

well done Charlie......have you noticed a big difference over the two weeks?

The swimming will be a great way to mix it up a bit due to it using different muscles and being non impact based..............I'm goin for sprints due to the sport I'm playing which involves short bursts of running with rest periods in between (so in effect training my body to be able to run at high intensinty for short periods)

but this should hopefully help with the longer distance C25K also (emphasis on the hopefully :p)

It's definitely getting easier - although I'm slightly dreading starting week 3 tomorrow. I do it on a treadmill at home, and I tend to get a bit bored rather than tired, and I'm worried that in the middle of a 3-minute run tomorrow, I may just get tempted to give up. I just focus on the clock the whole time, and count down - but I guess I managed the step up to 1m30 from 1m, so it's not going to be impossible!

well todays the day, going out at 10am for my first session of week 1 :eek:

had a Fitness session at Rugby on Saturday in what we would call in scotland a hot day :p and had a full body dumbell session lastnight so feeling sore and tired.

Its only 20mins though (I keep telling myself)

@Charlie.......How'd you get on? I'm sure you nailed it :D

done!!

Was easier and harder than I thought...........after the first 2/3 60sec runs I thought "this ain't so bad", but by the end I was getting a good sweat on :p

glad I've got day 1 out of the way and looking forward to wednesday now

Nice one! How did you feel afterwards?

I've got W3 D2 tonight, and am looking forward to it, because I know I can do it now :D

Nice one! How did you feel afterwards?

I've got W3 D2 tonight, and am looking forward to it, because I know I can do it now :D

After the Dumbell session on the sunday I thought I was gonna be really sore afterwards, but the C25K actually loosened up my muscles and I felt reat afterwards.

had a slight shin splint pain when doing the last 60secs due to it being on tarmac, but apart from that I really enjoyed it

How's the rest of your week 1 been Gary? Hope all's gone to plan! I'm finishing Week 3 in an hour or so... looking forward to it, but anxious about the challenges that week 4 will bring!

Went to Rugby training lastnight and 5mins in I recieved a knee in the thigh............I finished the rest of the session without any discomfort but wolk up this morning and could hardly bend my leg.

Club Physio says I have a Grade 1 Quadricep contusion and will need to Rest/Ice/Compress/elevate it for the next few days.

Hoping I can go out again on Monday.

W1 D1 complete! I didn't find it easy to be honest but it was the first time I have been jogging since I was in school so it's all progress.

W1 D1 complete! I didn't find it easy to be honest but it was the first time I have been jogging since I was in school so it's all progress.

the fact that you have made the step to start running is the main thing..........after a few weeks you'll be finding it easier and bein to really enjoy it....goodluck

the fact that you have made the step to start running is the main thing..........after a few weeks you'll be finding it easier and bein to really enjoy it....goodluck

Thanks, I hope I really start to get into it! Feeling a little achy now.

Thanks, I hope I really start to get into it! Feeling a little achy now.

remember to have a strech afterwards (hamstrings/calfs/quad's) this will help you cool down after you have run making recovery time quicker.

If your muscles feel really sore tomorrow, a hot bath or shower followed by a little ice will get you ready for day 2 ;)

@ Charlie.........your fairly cracking on with it now.........how are you feeling after that??

remember to have a strech afterwards (hamstrings/calfs/quad's) this will help you cool down after you have run making recovery time quicker.

If your muscles feel really sore tomorrow, a hot bath or shower followed by a little ice will get you ready for day 2 ;)

@ Charlie.........your fairly cracking on with it now.........how are you feeling after that??

Thanks for the advice hun, it's really appreciated :) what do you recommend for the blisters on my heels?

Back