C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

The first time I did week one I wanted to die the first night :eek: and didnt finish all the runs. Seems strange that I can now do week one but I did do it for many weeks.

Hope your blisters heal soon are you wearing running socks ?

The first time I did week one I wanted to die the first night :eek: and didnt finish all the runs. Seems strange that I can now do week one but I did do it for many weeks.

Hope your blisters heal soon are you wearing running socks ?

Glad I'm not the only one who found it hard going! I was just wearing sports socks, they are probably a bit thin. Are running socks thicker? x

Thanks for the advice hun, it's really appreciated :) what do you recommend for the blisters on my heels?

put vaseline on the blister and the outside of the sock where you are getting the blisters and it should cut down the friction between your foot and trainer (I do this when breaking in my Rugby boots and it works a treat)

edit: after missing W1 D3 due to a dead leg, I decided to jump straight into W2 D1 to try and keep on schedule.

My quad was a wee bit tight to begin with but by run 2 it was fine............the extra 30sec's is definitely noticable, but once you get going it's not to bad

Glad I'm not the only one who found it hard going! I was just wearing sports socks, they are probably a bit thin. Are running socks thicker? x

Yes they have padding on the parts where the foot could rub they are also Wicking so your feet dont feel wet and hot. Mine are just cheap ones £2.49 but they do make a difference.

Week 4 Day 2 just finished - and still finding it tough going! Finished about half an hour ago and am still sitting here looking like a beetroot! Just thought though, I have passed the halfway mark now, haven't I?!

Well done Charlie!

I know I haven't posted here for a while. Still running - now that the mornings and evenings are lighter. On Monday this week I ran my first 6k, and promptly followed it up on Wednesday with another 6k - this time following the school's cross-country route (while avoiding sheep poo) :)

Hi folks

I've been MIA for the past few weeks. I should have started week 5, but when I went out to do the run, I hadnt downloaded the run, doh!!! So I repeated week 4 for another run. I havent been out again since. The weather is dreadful at the moment. I took the dog out earlier and really could have done with my scarf, gloves and hat. Will need to dig them out again.

I think I will repeat week 4 again. Does that sound sensible?

Sounds sensible to me! I finished week 4 last week and all through the week I was debating whether to repeat, as it seemed a massive step up to Week 5 and I didn't feel ready. But last night I did Week 5 day 1, and found it easier than Week 4 Day 1... I'm on the treadmill at home though, so it's easier for me to force myself to get on!

Week four, run one (again! lol). The running itself was fine, but the weather must have been the very worst that I have ever run in. I had to change into my jammies when I got home, I got absolutely soaked through. Of course, the sun is now shining brightly, grrrr!!!!

I just cant run on a treadmill. I actually quite enjoy running outside. Except when its raining horizontally, of course!!

Sitting with a cup of tea to warm up. My legs are still cold.

My treadmill's been gathering dust for so many years that this was its final chance! Maybe when my littlest starts pre-school in September, I'll get out and run outdoors, but at the moment indoors is as good as it gets here! My 'night off' today - got half an hour of swimming and an hour's aqua aerobics waiting for me :) Glad you got out and did it Debbie - it must be worth extra credit to go out in such filthy weather! x

Yep...I'm just heading out to do BodyCombat. Feeling very pleased with myself for going out earlier :)

Enjoy your night off!

How's your week 4 going, Debbie? Have you been out again? Hope it's dried up a bit! I've done Week 5 Day 2 tonight and now am terrified that on Friday I'm meant to be running for 20 mins non-stop... Help!

Hi Charlie

My week's been fine...I found Friday's run more difficult. Dont know why.

How did the 20 min run go? Gulp! Had forgotten about that!!

Hiya

Week 5 Run 1 completed, thankfully before the storm starts lol

Well done! You're catching me up, I had a bit of a treadmill mishap on my first attempt at the 20-minute run, so haven't progressed yet. I repeated Week 5 day 2 yesterday and am working back up to Day 3 - probably tomorrow! Am rather terrified to say the least, and not convinced I'll make it past 5 minutes!

Hope you don't mind me joining in :eek:

I've just started running (did my 2nd day today) and was wondering how you've found the c25k? Thinking it may help me in the long term... I really enjoyed my run this morning and can't wait till Thursday to do it again! :D

I'm having to drop out for a few weeks atleast :(

been getting alot of pain on the inside of my ankle, so went to the physio and she reckons that the running on tarmac coupled with the dry hard ground we've had at training the past few weeks has gave me shin splints.

so it looks like I'll be hitting the bike for the next 4-6weeks then having another go at this (probably on grass next time)

Hi Lisa

Jump right in lol.

I did half of the programme last May/June and then gave it up when I got a puppy! Wish I'd have stuck at it. However I'm giving it another go and so far so good.

I do have to grit my teeth at times and just get on with it. Week 5 run 2 tonight. I can't remember what it is, so it may be a nice or not so nice surprise lol.

How are you getting on Charlie?

Oh no Gary, that's a real shame - hope you're not in too much pain from it and can get back up to strength again soon.

Debbie - I'm meant to be doing week 5 day 3 tonight, but have a kind of mental block about it. Week 5 day 2 is ok, I can cope with the 5 minutes well now, but the jump up to 20 that I'm supposed to be doing next seems a huge leap! Hope yours goes well. Already I can feel myself talking myself into putting it off again, repeating Week 5 day 2 again, and trying again on Friday :(

Back