C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Gary - where do you live? Always nice soft surfaces for me to run on. But then we get so much rain :-(

Charlie - just do it! Trust the programme ;-) I'm heading home now. Will get my trainers on and get out while the sun is shining, yay.

Charlie - just do it! Trust the programme ;-) I'm heading home now. Will get my trainers on and get out while the sun is shining, yay.

That was the virtual kick up the backside I needed! Just finished :D I did it on the treadmill as usual, and ran for the whole 20 mins. OK, I held on for a few seconds here and there, but I was still running and didn't stop once. That felt GREAT!! Thank you x

Gary - where do you live? Always nice soft surfaces for me to run on. But then we get so much rain :-(

There is loads of soft ground nearby Debbi as its been pee'ing it down for the past two days.............but due to us going into our off season (rugby) the club physio has told me to stop running and hit the bike, so i'm ok for pre-season.

I was enjoying the C25K aswell, really noticed the difference fitness wise even after week one.

I'll be dropping in to the thread to see how you guys are getting on so keep up the hard work and good luck

That was the virtual kick up the backside I needed! Just finished :D I did it on the treadmill as usual, and ran for the whole 20 mins. OK, I held on for a few seconds here and there, but I was still running and didn't stop once. That felt GREAT!! Thank you x

Yay!!! Well done Charlie. I completed week 5 run 3 today. Felt gooooooood!!! lol

There is loads of soft ground nearby Debbi as its been pee'ing it down for the past two days.............but due to us going into our off season (rugby) the club physio has told me to stop running and hit the bike, so i'm ok for pre-season.

I was enjoying the C25K aswell, really noticed the difference fitness wise even after week one.

I'll be dropping in to the thread to see how you guys are getting on so keep up the hard work and good luck

I'm on the laptop, so can actually see where you are Gary. Not that far from me, in wet Midlothian...although the sun shone today :)

I've completed wk 1! Yay. I don't know if I'm being a bit enthusiastic but I have enjoyed running more than I ever expected to... certainly been less stressy this week.
Start of week 2 tomorrow.. can't wait x

Hi everyone, I've been a SW yoyo dieter for a few years but I will be 50 in a fortnight and have decided that THIS time I will change things and I want to go from fit to fat. I decided to enter a Race for Life in the middle of July and found the C25K training schedule. I did my first run on Sat 11th May, the same day I made a fresh start with SW. As of yesterday (my weigh-in day) I have lost 6lbs and am starting to feel the benefits of the training as well. I've never been a runner in my life at all and cannot believe that this morning, for the first time I managed to run for three minutes solidly.... and it wasn't even that bad! I'm determined that my half-century will be a turning point for me!!!

Downloaded and ready to go ! Its a lovely day so nothing stopping me :D

and I've done it :clap: Really enjoyed it too !

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I've been a SW yoyo dieter for a few years but I will be 50 in a fortnight and have decided that THIS time I will change things and I want to go from fit to fat. I decided to enter a Race for Life in the middle of July and found the C25K training schedule. I did my first run on Sat 11th May, the same day I made a fresh start with SW. As of yesterday (my weigh-in day) I have lost 6lbs and am starting to feel the benefits of the training as well. I've never been a runner in my life at all and cannot believe that this morning, for the first time I managed to run for three minutes solidly.... and it wasn't even that bad! I'm determined that my half-century will be a turning point for me!!!

Hi Domane it sounds like youre at the same stage as me - I did week 3 day 2 yesterday. Like you I was so proud of myself for running 3 whole minutes & actually enjoyed it! Im also doing sw - started 9 weeks ago & have lost 1st 2lb so far :) please keep us updated with how youre doing x

Morning everyone

Week 6, run 1 today. I'm waiting for my mum and nephew to pop in for a visit, then I'll go for my run.

How is everyone feeling today? :)

Did my wk2 d1 run yesterday with a slightly sore throat and now I can barely talk :-(
Anyone else been getting sore throats with running? Hopefully I'll be ok for tomorrow xx

Week 6, run 1 done - yay!

W3R2 completed and I found it SO much easier knowing that I CAN keep going for three minutes. Shaved a minute off my lap time from Saturday too. And discovered that I don't dissolve if I run in the rain!!! :p Still loving it.

Having done a bit of reading on here, I decided to swap my mostly green days to mostly red days as I wanted to see whether I was less bloated at the end of a red day than a green one. I haven't been to a class to learn EE so I stick to the "old skool" (it works for me when I stick to it anyway). Also the restriction of the carbs is better for runners who want to burn fat anyway. And am blown away by how much flatter my tummy is on red days! Jeans are definitely feeling looser this week. Weigh-in day is Friday so one more training sesh on Thursday to fit in before the big reveal!

Hi everyone! I'm just about to do my first week 6 run, the last run of week 5 was such a big jump don't you think?! :O felt great achieving it though :) sounds like you're all doing brilliantly!! :)

Hi everyone! I'm just about to do my first week 6 run, the last run of week 5 was such a big jump don't you think?! :O felt great achieving it though :) sounds like you're all doing brilliantly!! :)

You're around the same point as me - I've got week 6 day 2 tonight, and I'm looking forward to it much more than I was Week 5 day 3... Hope you got on ok with Week 6 Day 1

Hiya, can I join in:)

I just finished W3D1 - I found it very tough but felt great after. I have 3 small kids so finding the time to run is hard, but I'm determined to get up 2 mornings a week at 5.45 and do one evening I'm also cycling twice a week at the weekend - hoping to feel fitted soon!

Wk2 day2 done today.. had much more energy today! Hard to believe I'll be running 5k in 6 weeks x

Me too... Finished W2 D2 and loved it.. Have started running with music, which seems to help.
Do you use the C25K podcasts? The music is bearable and it changes each week and it's very handy because he tells you when you need to walk or run. I find it a lot easier than remembering how long I have to walk or run for and watching my watch count down to when I can stop. I went to the pound shop and bought a little case that straps to my arm so I don't have to physically hold my phone either, switch on Endomondo, switch on the the appropriate podcast and away I go.....

Back