C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

I didn't melt, in fact I ran further than on Sunday :) I relaxed today and the zombies were very exciting (distracting). I'm pleased. I really don't like running in the heat though, give me a bit of drizzle any day! I might even need to get some smaller shorts, mine are the tights that come just below the knee and I'm really quite warm in them, and maybe a sleeveless top hmmm, perhaps not!

Edit: Just plotted the shuffle on Map my Run - 2.21 miles :) (2.03 on Sunday :D). Also upped my mile to 12mins30 from 13minute mile. Bring it on!

Last edited:
Well done especially in this heat and increasing your speed. What will you do once you finish programme?

For some reason I ended up doing the week 5 day three 20 minute all run again!!!! Nevermind I am sure it's good preparation for the 22 min run!! Lol!!

Yup, did w9r1 last so on 30 mins and only two more to go.

W9r2 done today. I think that when I finish I'm going to keep working up to 5k. I'll do 2 runs a week of 30 mins and try to improve distance and then the weekend run I'm going to build up to 5k and try to beat the time. I might have a look in a bit and see how far I've been running, can't be more than 2.5 miles. I don't want to do more at the moment. 10k doesn't really have any appeal yet.

W9r2 done today. I think that when I finish I'm going to keep working up to 5k. I'll do 2 runs a week of 30 mins and try to improve distance and then the weekend run I'm going to build up to 5k and try to beat the time. I might have a look in a bit and see how far I've been running, can't be more than 2.5 miles. I don't want to do more at the moment. 10k doesn't really have any appeal yet.

Well done all! It's just been a bit quiet on the c25k front and I am looking for inspiration!!

I am still plodding on. On week seven. had to stop for a minute during first 25 min run but managed to get through the second run without stopping. I did measure distance and am nowhere near 5k so that would be my aim ( after the programme is complete. Just treated myself to new trainers as I appear to raise my toes when running and have come through the tops of my old trainers. Lol - I have never worn out trainers in my whole life!!!!

Gillybops - the difference in your photos is amazing!! Glad you are still running.

I'm still doing it! I had signed up for Race for Life 9 weeks ahead so I had exactly the right amount of time to do C25K. Unfortunately when I got to week 7 I was plagued with a hip injury so I decided to stop running and rest the hip for a fortnight as I'd really set my heart on running the whole 5K on the day (14th July). As it was, I managed to get to 3K before I had to slow to a walk/run, walk/run for half a km, then picked up the pace again at 3.5 and ran all the way home in 35 mins, 39 seconds. I was chuffed to bits and my hip held. It was a little sore afterwards so I gave it another week of rest, then backtracked last weekend to week 4 to re-commence the programme. This morning I did W5R1 with NO hip problems at all! I'm chuffed to bits as I'm 50 and only took up running in May so I was worried that I was developing arthritis and would have to stop. I really have got the bug for running now! SO relieved.... keep on running, people :p

(I'm now planning my second 5K in September!!)

Well done all! It's just been a bit quiet on the c25k front and I am looking for inspiration!!

I am still plodding on. On week seven. had to stop for a minute during first 25 min run but managed to get through the second run without stopping. I did measure distance and am nowhere near 5k so that would be my aim ( after the programme is complete. Just treated myself to new trainers as I appear to raise my toes when running and have come through the tops of my old trainers. Lol - I have never worn out trainers in my whole life!!!!

Gillybops - the difference in your photos is amazing!! Glad you are still running.

Thank you :)

Started back today after a few months off. Only got to week 3 last time but did week 1 and it felt ok really pleased.

Morning all

Just completed second 28 min "jog". Absolutely exhausted but delighted to have completed it without stopping ( still no where near 5k though!!). One more 28 then it's the 30 minute jog to complete the programme (fingers crossed)

To anybody reading this, please give it a go. It's a brilliant programme and if I can get this far anybody can!

Yey! Well done you! I think that's brill and 35:39 is nothing to be shy about, my PB ever is 35:48! :) It's great that you are back!

brilliant time!
my best PB in a 5k is 34 minutes, cant do a fast 5k at all and doubt I ever will!

Well done, Zigmaster! You are doing brilliantly. I repeated W5R3 earlier, first "block" of running (20 mins) since the hip problem but that seems to be behind me now and I did it this time in a PB time too. Bring on week 6 again now.....

Well done, Zigmaster! You are doing brilliantly. I repeated W5R3 earlier, first "block" of running (20 mins) since the hip problem but that seems to be behind me now and I did it this time in a PB time too. Bring on week 6 again now.....

Glad your hip held out and well done on your PB. Glad there seems to be nosh or issues looks like resting for a bit did the trick.
I do feel it more now and really need the rest in between the runs.
Its all quite addictive - as much as I dread it I really enjoy it ( finishing it anyway )

I've just ran 4 miles! Never run that far before!!! Yay.
C25k definitely helps get you into running and I'm so glad I did it xx

Definitely slow down, Joanne.... the whole programme is designed to train you for distance, not speed. Once you have the stamina to run the distance, the speed will automatically start to increase (so I'm reliably informed... I am SO not at THAT stage yet!!! :p)

Hi guys, can't remember if I've told you yet but I've now completed the programme (yay!). The last run I did I aimed to do 34 mins but stopped for bees several times, however I didn't mind that, I'm not getting to prove anything to myself, just running to keep healthy. Actually found I ran faster after a little breather!

Totally gutted!!!!! Started on my very last run and 5 mins in I twisted over on my ankle. Ankle up like a baloon so can't finish programme until its gone down (not broken). I can't believe it's happened as I was so close. Not sure when I start back i should go back a week - any suggestions gratefully received.

Back