C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Just completed week 6 run 3. Managed it but don't think I will move on. I think I'll do the last run again to improve my stamina. What do you think?

My advice is keep going. If you find week 7 too tough then maybe rethink, but you'll probably surprise yourself. If I had repeated weeks every time I thought I couldn't do a bit more I'd still be doing it now! If tiredness is a problem try slowing down. The key is to keep going for the full however-many-minutes rather than worry about the distance or pace. Stamina, speed and distance will fall into place naturally. Trust in Laura, and good luck!

My advice is keep going. If you find week 7 too tough then maybe rethink, but you'll probably surprise yourself. If I had repeated weeks every time I thought I couldn't do a bit more I'd still be doing it now! If tiredness is a problem try slowing down. The key is to keep going for the full however-many-minutes rather than worry about the distance or pace. Stamina, speed and distance will fall into place naturally. Trust in Laura, and good luck!

Thank you for replying. Going to try week 7 on Friday. I'll keep you posted.

I'm struggling with the cold for sure. Just find I start coughing and get out of breath much easier in the cold air. About 10 years ago I was given in inhaler over the winter so might go get one again. I swear I read somewhere that you can buy them over the counter for less than the prescription cost tho?

I'm struggling with the cold for sure. Just find I start coughing and get out of breath much easier in the cold air. About 10 years ago I was given in inhaler over the winter so might go get one again. I swear I read somewhere that you can buy them over the counter for less than the prescription cost tho?

The inhaler certainly helps me hun, and I just use it before and after exercise in the colder weather. My other half works for a respiratory consultant and she mentioned what it was called the other day, but I've forgotton! :banghead: I'll ask her again, sorry. I did just google it quickly and came up with exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB).

Not sure about the cost of the inhaler but I know if I go into my chemist with a prescription and it's cheaper to buy over the counter they tell me, so it might be worth asking the dispenser when you get in there.

I did it. Wasn't too bad. The hills killed me. Doing it again on Sunday.

Well done! I can only dream of week 7 at the moment but it's great knowing so many others have got that far :D

I did another day of the first week today and suddenly realised that actually my breathing is not laboured at all, I even managed to run 90 seconds on the last set rather than the minute. I think I will have to invest in some new trainers though, my feet were quite tender when I finished! I might try half of a W1 with a half of W2 next time............:eek:

I've barely run this week. One 4.5k circuit on Wednesday and I've felt pants ever since. Treated myself to some new tights, gloves and reflective bits today to try motivate myself for tomorrow's run! If anyone's near york the oasics shop at the outlets pretty good - £40's worth of tights for £14!

I've barely run this week. One 4.5k circuit on Wednesday and I've felt pants ever since. Treated myself to some new tights, gloves and reflective bits today to try motivate myself for tomorrow's run! If anyone's near york the oasics shop at the outlets pretty good - £40's worth of tights for £14!

Bargain gear, I like it. I live in the Isle of Man where the shopping is very limited so I usually buy stuff online from Sports Direct, I've found their Karrimor running tights (£10 - £11) and long sleeved running tops (£6) very comfortable and a godsend during this cold weather. Your oasics gear was a great deal. I like to buy myself the occasional new piece of kit to keep me motivated too. I've just ordered a pair of running gloves and a new top.

Today was the first time I have tackled a run since last week. My hip is still really sore so I gave it a test drive today. I had decided I would run for 30 mins and no more (wasn't even sure I would manage that!). I did make the 30 mins but the hip is still playing up. Took a couple of Ibuprofen and hoping to keep it under control so that I can run again in 2 - 3 days.

I'm struggling with the cold, dark nights though.

Ouch - good on you for trying it. I slipped a disc a number of times and the slightest bit of sciatica and I don't dare try anything.

The cold n dark really is ruining it for me. Trying to keep my gym bag in the car so if its really bad I can go do a class or something instead.

Way to go! :winner:
Don't you just love that about C25K? That whole "it hurt like hell - can't wait to do it again" thing? Hope yesterday went well, and I hope you're proud of yourself! :bunnydance:

Well done Jen! I find shiny new gear a great motivator too. So much so my drawer of sports/gym stuff barely closes (when I'm upto date with my laundry!)

Might have a trip to the York outlet or the one at Castleford ~ though last time I was disheartened by the amount of designer stuff in a size 10 I could neither fit nor afford.

I've ticked off the first 2 runs of week 6 and will be having a bash at w63 (a 25 min run!:eek:) tomorrow.

Not sure if I'm going to follow the programme right to the end or not.
I've downloaded an interval timer app and my new plan (as I so much prefer run/walk) is to try to do 3×15min run+5min walks twice per week with a planned distance run (ie a measured 5k or thereabouts) once per week. Or a park run if ever I have a Saturday morning off again.

This is because I so much prefer the walk run walk run set up and only take a short recovery time before im ready to run again. I also want to "reward" myself for running faster.(so agree I'll run to a set point then walk a bit) when using the tape there is no "speeding up to get it over and done with"

I'm also using map my run app so should be able to judge an improvement in distance and time.

How's everyone else getting along?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Did week 7 run 2 today. As usual the hills nearly killed me. Think I might have been pushing it too hard. Going to do my next run on Wednesday.

I'm not following the program anymore really although I had pretty much finished. I've got a set 5k route and I'm just trying to run as much of it as I can! Think I'll start adding another 1k every time I can run the lot.

Shivvy you're doing so well, killer hills and all! Jeni, you sound like you've mastered it, didn't even know there were running tights? Why wear them instead of trousers (or do you wear em under?). New to the whole running malarky, hoping to start Jan or when I hit the 15s, whichever is sooner. Dani, good thinking about running intervals and getting the rest in between. Good luck guys, look forward to reading more of your adventures and hopefully adding some of my own soon x

Did week 8 run 2. I seem to be finding week 8 easier than 7. Human body is a funny thing !!!! Next run on Tuesday. Cannot believe I've nearly done it.

I finally moved onto week 2! Did my first session on Saturday and it seemed to get easier the further in I got. Struggling to find time to dedicate to the running sessions at the moment as I do so many other classes but hoping to do one tomorrow and maybe Thursday depending on how much my PT kills me :(

Back