C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Finished week 8 today. Cannot believe I'm nearly finished the programme. Enjoy each run and feel that I have accomplished something after each run :)

Well done its a wonderful feeling when you get to the end. I am going out tonight to yet running club. Only started running again recently but I do enjoy the feeling of achieving

I appreciate most of you are way past this stage BUT........

After a week off running, yesterday I decided to re-do a week 2 workout after my Pilates class. I did pump this morning and was feeling quite alive so decided to try week 3, I'd been putting it off as going from 90 secs to 3 mins was quite daunting but I smashed it completely! Didn't do it quite to the plan, rather a warm up, 3 min run, walk, 90 sec run, walk, 3 min run, walk, 2 min run.

Never thought I'd run for 3 mins straight and looking forward to doing it again Wednesday and then assessing if I can move forward to Week 4!

Hi, I'm new to this but me and my sister are looking to start after christmas. I did small amounts of jogging for about 60 seconds during the summer when I was walking and would love to get into it more :)

I still can't believe that I struggled with the 60 second runs just a few months ago. I had muscle pains, couldn't breathe, felt generally dreadful. Always felt good afterwards though.....

After having a couple of weeks off due to some kind of strain injury, I have been managing my 30 minute runs again recently although the first two were hard. Painful in fact. However, today I managed to run for 46 minutes! So pleased with myself. It's still a very slow pace - pretty much 5mph but you know what, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Hope everyone has managed to keep the programme going to some extent over the festive period.

Well done you like you when I started in February 2013 I could barely manage 60s having never ran/jogged before. Size 18 then part way through my 13.5 stone weight loss journey I am now a size 12 and contribute jogging hugely to helping my weight loss. Today's jog :) View attachment 117647

Wowzer! That's great! My NY resolution is to keep the momentum up and to improve my distances and ultimately my pace. I am hoping it will all come together in due course. It's great to hear where other C25K graduates are up to so thanks for posting your stats - it's very encouraging.

After almost 2 weeks off and eating poorly I struggled with 90 sec runs yesterday, not good!

Going to get back on Thursday for another attempt hopefully!

After almost 2 weeks off and eating poorly I struggled with 90 sec runs yesterday, not good!

Going to get back on Thursday for another attempt hopefully!

How did you get on with your most recent session?

Had another run. It wasn't great. Still recovering from a cold and coughing a lot. Going to keep at it though. Next run on Friday.

Hi all.,I'm back and restarting the programme along with slimming world.I got to week 7 before and felt great but gave up as dark nights, rain and pot holes were my excuse as I live in the wilds!, Now a year later I have a treadmill so no excuse, dusted it off yday and started at w1 r1 found it fine so onwards and upwards.My question is " has anyone done this challenge on a treadmill?" I'd like to get a bit fitter and lose a dress size before letting my fellow country folk see me in my spandex!,

I didn't get on with the treadmill at all and now run outside come rain or shine. I'm struggling with cold running still, since November I'm still 6 mins over my pb because I start coughing in the cold and get tired so quick. I know I should go to the docs as I used to have an inhaler for hayfever an presume its a similar issue but I just feel like I'm wasting time when they are so busy!

I'm not too keen on the treadmill either - it really tires me out! I find that it is easier to control an easy pace by naturally slowing the pace rather than having to faff about with the treadmill controls.

That said, they are great in this bad weather. Despite my new years resolution to up my running, i have only managed two runs per week so far and one of those was after the floods - my trainers have only just dried out from the ankle deep unavoidable puddles.

Not managed to go yet still got this cold bug hoping to start Monday

I really love running in cold weather hate running when it's hot so want to try and get as far into the programme in winter

I am going to the gym now to try D1W1 *gulp* wish me luck!!

Just got back. Only did 15 minutes so will try again tomorrow:sigh: in my defence my ipod ran out of charge, and I couldn't be bothered to keep count of the intervals by myself. On the upside I think I could've done more, the runs were exhausting but I was getting my breath back in the 1min30 breaks. 3 minutes of running is still more than I've done in a long time so despite my failure I am quite happy.

Just got back. Only did 15 minutes so will try again tomorrow:sigh: in my defence my ipod ran out of charge, and I couldn't be bothered to keep count of the intervals by myself. On the upside I think I could've done more, the runs were exhausting but I was getting my breath back in the 1min30 breaks. 3 minutes of running is still more than I've done in a long time so despite my failure I am quite happy.

Well done for making a start :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back