Caffiene-

suepass

HI,
please could someone explain why tea (the good old PG tips sort) and instant coffee seem to be a no no. I remain in ketosis despite drinking around 5 cups of tea and 2 cups of coffee. (use cream watered down rather than milk)
if it's added as part of your carb count I can't understand why not. Or am I missing something.
Thanks

From what I've read it was initially a no no. But recent research suggests the impact isn't as much as first thought.

I think with everything you need to see how it affects you xx

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Sue, when I started Atkins back in 200 (ish) it was felt that your body would use caffeine for energy before burning fat, thereby preventing weight loss. As jenny has pointed out thinking has changed on that now. I'm still on decaf tea and coffee though, I have got used to it now and if I do have a real coffee it sends me hyper LOL

I have the new book and I was wondering about this too! Thanks for the info

Oh gosh - just so I'm clear on this too - caffeine is alright? Because I have three months of assignment work ahead of me and I needs me ma caffeine!!

Oh gosh - just so I'm clear on this too - caffeine is alright? Because I have three months of assignment work ahead of me and I needs me ma caffeine!!

It would seem so Rose :)

Back