Cakes

xeilidhx

Gold Member
Sorry guys, I know there's a recipe thread but struggling to search on my phone. I've been tasked with organising a meeting at work. Part and parcel of that, is providing cake! Everyone is sceptical that all I'll be able to provide is chicken....I'd like to show dukan is adaptable!! Any dukan friendly cakes? Or even icing?! Need to practice so it's convincing! Thanks! Xx

The muffins are a hit with my non-dukan friends. Almond, vanilla or dukan cocoa powder are my favourites. Really easy to make too.

Sx

Baked Cheesecake! I usually make it crustless, but you could even try it with a pre baked 'galette' type base. I'll look out the recipe for you later.

6 tbsp oatbran
5 tbsp total 0%
3tbsp sweetener
2 eggs/egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder

Flavouring -almond essence/cocoa powder/vanilla essence

Dollop in muffin cases

Bake at gas mark 4 for about 20 mins

Sx

Is it a specific vanilla essence? And daft question- are cupcake things different to fairy cake holders? Thanks guys! Cheesecake sounds great too! X

Thanks guys, both sound great! Does the vanilla essence have to be a certain one? Dukan friendly or is any ok? Also, are cupcake holders the same as fairy cake cases? Daft question!! Xx

Would advise silicon bakeware if you have any :) they're easier than muffin cases and less gets left behind ;)

as for vanilla essence - you use so little that it doesn't really matter which make - I use Asda's x

p.s. muffin cases are a bit larger than fairycake ones x

Silicon is good-otherwise you end up munching on the paper! Don't worry about size though, just work out how much oatbran in each one for you. I try to make them as big as possible :) but they will take longer to bake the bigger they are.

Sx

Definitely trying that! See for "tablespoon" measurements, I've been weighing it out. Does that work for really light stuff like sweetener or do you just end up with tonnes?? I've got a few silicon cases but don't know if they're fairy cake sized or not! Will have o get practicing!!

I always use tablespoons for measurement with this diet hun - as you say sweetener is so light that to weigh it in small quantities would be nigh on impossible :)

the recipe swakey gave is spot on x

I'll need to find a tablespoon then haha!

6 tbsp oatbran
5 tbsp total 0%
Sx

Second time today i've seen this. What is it? Hopefully it's Total cereal and not another lovely, across the sea, specialty like Quark that I'll have to long for?:cry:

Total 0% is fat and sugar free Greek yoghurt. They've got a website, dunno if its available where u are!

Also, is there any icing available for dukan?

alottolose said:
Swakey I'm coming to your house :D x

I'll make a batch! The more the merrier!

Tablespoon-I don't have one either! I just use a wooden spoon and try to visualise the one my mum had when I was little :)

Total 0% is fat free Greek yoghurt and my lifesaver! Well, with lots of sweetener that is :) it's a bit like quark but slightly more runny. I'm sorry if you can't get it :( wish I could send you some!

Sx

Gotcha! Thanks. I don't think they are. In fact, here in California, I can't find any sf, nf yogurt. So am left to adding diet water flavoring powder or extracts to plain nf Greek or making my own. Was kinda hoping it was Total cereal, but for what reason I clearly don't know. I've always hated the stuff! There I go again. Wanting something just because I can't have it. Sheesh! How can I still be acting like I'm 2?

xeilidhx said:
Also, is there any icing available for dukan?

Dunno if it would work but sweetener reminds me of icing sugar so maybe mix with teeny bit of boiling water and then let it cool to see if it sets?!

Try it!

Sx

Back