Cakes

As promised, the cheesecake recipe is here:
http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/209431-cheesecake.html#post3565300

If anyone reads French - a myriad of 'Dessert' recipes can be found here:
Recettes Dukan Dessert - Recettes et forum Dukan pour le Régime Dukan

Icing: I would use Quark (Asda, Tesco, 'Greenacre brand from elsewhwre - NOT the Sainsbury's one) and add sweetener and vanilla flavouring. Definitely a convingin 'cream cheese frosting'.

This reminds me - why don't you try 'Carrot Cake' type muffins - the extra carrot will bulk out the oatbran a bit and add moisture? 'Cream cheese frosting' goes well with that. Sorry I have no recipe handy but I know they exist!

Also, is there any icing available for dukan?

I made these cupcakes last night and was impressed. And it takes a lot to impress me. I don't have cupcake tins so put 9 cupcake paper linings in a 8x 8 pan. They all "grew" together in the oven. Next time I'll just forego the liners and make it into a cake. Or at least get some silicone cupcake liners. I found myself restraining from sucking/chewing on the paper.

The frosting was kinda runny, but set up nicely overnight in the fridge. Might improve with a little nf cream cheese blended in befoe baking the second time.

Pink Cheesecake Cupcakes Dukan Diet Recipe

Thanks folks! Will have lots of deserts before the meeting I think so I perfect something for the day. The diet is definitely amusing for others so I'd like to show it can be more interesting!! Need to get me some silicone bakeware, and a tablespoon methinks!

idea for thickening up your yoghurt, place a coffee filter over a jam jar, secure with a rubber band....spoon on greek yoghurt and let it drain into the jar

"yoghurt cheese" is the end result depending on how long you strain it for...could be a creamier/thicker product for making creamy icings etc x

p.s. the liquid which drains into the jar can be used for bread/muffins to add extra protein - it's whey :) x

p.s. for tablespoons I use a heaped dessert spoon :D x

Gotcha! Thanks. I don't think they are. In fact, here in California, I can't find any sf, nf yogurt. So am left to adding diet water flavoring powder or extracts to plain nf Greek or making my own. Was kinda hoping it was Total cereal, but for what reason I clearly don't know. I've always hated the stuff! There I go again. Wanting something just because I can't have it. Sheesh! How can I still be acting like I'm 2?

Costco have their own brand of 0% Greek yogurt. Comes in packs of 2 for $4.99.

I didn't realise you were on my side of the world Joydriven. Jell-O have a few stuff we're allowed, like their SF snack pots. I've a pack of double choc and choc and vanilla in my fridge at the mo :D

Yay, yah, Silver, I'm here on this side of the globe, Costcotian, too. I'll check the jello cups out. Sugar free has been my problem. I'll check Costco again, but the last time, aside from activia, there were no sf ones. I've actually grown to like mixing in all the sf water flavors. Although someone mentioned Crystal Light's content, and sure enough it's above Dukan recs. Not sure how that works out since I'm not using much, but probably has some sugar?

Yeah it does....but I love Crystal Light! I use it as my drink of choice when we have friends over, so I feel like I'm treating myself :)

It's weird that your Costco wouldn't have some form of 0% Greek Yogurt...most of ours have have Fage and the Kirkland versions.

I'm kinda lucky that my hubby has an insatiable sweet tooth and sought out and found lots of SF stuff we could have. Some allowed, some tolerated.

yep i was going to suggest carrot cake muffins or baked into a square silicone mould to cut into squares... with quark icing.... one of my many favs lol

Carrot-cake style muffins with cream-cheese icing would definitely impress anyone. Good luck.

can someone put me in the direction of the carrot cake muffins please :) ellie's mention has set my mouth watering...thankfully it's pv day and i haven't eaten my bran yet!! :)

Never been a carrot cake fan if I'm honest! Quark icing sounds great Ellie, any recipe?

Right, trying recipe number one tonight! Keen to try quark icing- any tips? Xx

for carrot cake muffins I use

4 tbsp oatbran
2 tbsp wheatbran
2 eggs
5 tbsp natural ff yoghurt (i use my thick home made)
1/2 tsp baking powder,
1/2 - 1 tbsp of mixed spice depending how strong you want it

chuck everything in a bowl & whisk .... stir in 1 or 2 grated carrots depending on size and how carroty you want them :D then pour mixture into silicone moulds and bake in oven for 20 mins at 200

for quark icing you just mix sweetener & flavouring into it to taste ... easy peasy ;) ive had allsorts of combinations usually to match my muffins

muffins cooking, but being an idiot the vanilla is splashed on top of each case as i forgot!! fingers crossed!

Well the muffins were a bit flat!! Any ideas folks??

ooh was it 2 eggs and 2 egg whites? i didn't mix anything seperately....i'm a bit of a "bung it all in" baker when there's a list of ingredients....:S

that may be where i went wrong.....honestly, i should have called this baking for dummies!! thanks guys....i'll hopefully get there eventually!?

I dont seperate but do beat with a whisk before putting in the dry ingredients - from a similar recipe with no baking powder and only 4 eggs I get 6 and they are always perky when out of the oven :)

Back