Cakes

mines are always perky and im a bung it all in the bowl then whisk kinda girl ;) ie lazy :D

I only had 2 eggs for te recipe at the very start....that might be a plan! Also might try and beat eggs first. Ellie- I like your style!! I'd just rather they look like muffins not totally flat!

:eek: hahahhaha

making batch 2 just now...icing wise, the icing is a bit "bitter"...any ideas folks?! more sweetener? taking this lot into work on monday so i'll see how they go down!

If you use too much sweetener, it can cause bitterness, so maybe less. I found by combining 1:1 stevia, the light, floury baking kind with xylitol, I got the closest to sugar's sweetness.

Oops...I was trying to stave off bitterness with more sweetener! Hahaha! Never mind, today's efforts at least rose and the icing looked a bit better!

Yeah, I know! It's the most logical to add more. When that didn't work, I bought the xylitol. Then read too much equals bitterness, so on a lark, mixed the two, reduced goal amount and like the result.

Good luck on today's version! Keep us posted!

Dunno if that picture has worked....taking them to work for opinions! I had two of the original, less successful batch so oat bran allowance done? Need to experiment with the icing for those though! X

Attachments

• image-2733992129.jpg
    image-2733992129.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 62
They're all vanillan muffins, 2 strawberry icing, 2 orange, 1 lemon (love it!) and 1 vanilla!

Back