Calculate how many calories you need to stay in bed all day and not gain weight!

Thats really usefull thanks, so I need 1900cals to remain at this weight, so my estimate of 1250cals a day is pretty good, and even allows alittle leeway. (the bottle of wine I had last night wasnt soo bad after all!)

it doesnt take muscle mass into consideration?...

i heard more muscle boosts ur metabolism and burns more calories...

Mine is 2006.316 given I do little/no exercise, which I think is quite generous! When I reach my goal weight though and again assuming little/no exercise then it goes down to 1891.056 :rolleyes:

BMR

I have just worked mine out and it stands at
1511.45 which I think is pretty low.:D

thanks for this!

This seems pretty accurate to me. The site says if I'm moderately active (walk 6-9 miles a day usually) then I will burn 4444 calories a day, if I then stick to my careful eating of 1200-1500 calories a day then I'm burning between 2944-3244 calories a day more than I consume. If a pound of fat is 3500 kcal, then I should lose nearly 1lb per day which is pretty much what I have been losing (44lbs in 49 days, or 6lb over the last week)

it also makes me a little bit proud in the fact I'm not just being lucky that my weight is coming off so quickly but is at least partly down to me putting the miles in and sticking to my eating plan, and losing what science suggests I should be losing :)

I am disabled and not able to move about much. I have picked up a lot of weight and given the above... Can you tell me what the calories would be if you were to stay in bed all day? I only ask as my condition does in fact require me to be in bed most of the time.

If you click on the link in the first post of this thread, or Google BMR Calculator, then put in your stats, it will give you the number of calories your body needs just to exist. That should equate to what you will burn just staying in bed. :) xx

Back