Caledonian Dukan

well done CD :D

Well, well done CD - that is such a good loss - Understand your want to lose another stone though it seems a very very low weight for your height???? But I said before any ones target weight is their own business and it's only my opinion. Horsey now just in recovery from surgery - vet dosed him up on antibiotics and painkillers last night and wrapped him up in tons of bandages, travelled him first thing this morning to the vets and he was such a good boy. Fingers crossed he makes and speedy and full recovery which he should do all going well. He is 7 but has done sooooo little - I have only had him 6 months and he has changed sooooo much in that time. My little baby Best Boy. Hope you have a good dukan week CD. x

Have decided to tweak a few routines: 1) Go back to having porridge for breakfast 2) Only weigh once a month, on the first 3) Make a concerted and continued effort to keep dairy intake low

I hope this will help my motivation as it has been pretty low and I need to refocus. So, Monday PP:
B - porridge with 100g rhubarb and ginger
L - chicken soup
D - mince with lots of garlic
S - tin of mackerel

Tuesday PV:
B - porridge with vanilla
L - onion omelette, veg soup
D - chicken, spinach
S - tin of tuna

A good plan CD hope you can achieve an extra stone if its what you want to do - I thought of losing another 1/2 stone but not so sure......... I might drop a few extra when doing Conso because really its similar to SW (never really lost on it anyway) so we shall see. Its blimmin cold here this morning will have to be ready for work 10 mins early to get ice off the car! Oh well better get in the shower. Have a good day, get in that coffee shop with book in hand for an hour if you can. Take care and see you later x

Could not do the porridge for breakfast unless I had a small amount so I could still have a couple of muffins!!!! They are my lifesaver. Hope you get the water tablets today - great idea to go to monthly weigh ins - you are so nearly there it is a bit like clock watching. Still a little concerned at the low target you have set yourself - even 3/4 pounds more would seem less harsh......... I worry that ur stupidly light friend is praying on your mind - I still can not get over how much she weighs!!!! People don't believe I weigh what I do now and they always say I look at least two stone lighter than that so I really don't think weight counts as much as how we look and feel. My best friend must weigh about 13 1/2 stone, she never weighs herself, you think that sounds a lot but she is sassy and sexy and slim looking but curvy with a flat tummy!!! NO ONE would guess her weight. Just some thoughts CD. Another 20lbs will make you a size 0!!!! xxx

My OH sometimes has the porridge but it really isn't very much in quantity, I find, so it wouldn't suffice for my humungous appetite! Do you have water in it instead of milk?

Hi Jo, I have either water and lots of spice (orange zest & Mixed spice is yum!) or Alpro unsweetened soya milk. I'd rather have muffins but weight loss has definitely slowed since starting to have them. I thought a month of porridge and then alternate days. I realise that weight loss must slow but the thing is my bmi is only just below "overweight"! I want to be as healthy as I can be. I still have major issues with food/comfort eating and so desperately don't want to be big again. Yet, tonight, all I can think about is wine, an entire pizza to myself and loads of cake. I feel so weak-willed inside.

there is one thing your not and that is weak willed .... just look how far you have come xx

CD, i know what you mean... We are similar heights with similar target weights, and as much as everyone keeps telling me that I don't need to lose any more, in my head I really really want to! Out of interest, what did the Dukan site calculate your "true weight" to be? It calculated mine at 10'12 (which is what I am now...) and I've been stuck here for a month despite doing as I have always done.. I might just have to take the Dr at his word and concede that he got it right this time!!

Resolve is wearing thin and I had a "gala" style meal yesterday when I was really struggling (I say "meal".. more like an afternoon of gorging on everything I've fancied for the last year, and even stuff that I didn't fancy - if it wasn't pinned down, it got eaten. Not something I'd advocate of course...) Getting it out of your system might help? :)

Thinking of now consolidating this weight and once the 200 odd days are out the way (!), try to lose a bit more (as some of the ladies on here are doing at the moment).. Your plan to cut out the muffins and lower the dairy are two things I'm planning on doing too. Weighing less regularly is something I need to work on...

Mrs CD if u are weak willed then I am still a size 28!!! Look how far you have come - you have tons of determination and stamina - look what you deal with on a daily basis???? Give yourself a huge pat on the back. My only remaining thoughts are that you should not make this diet miserable for yourself and I fear slightly by restricting yourself sooooo much you may do. Rater have a slower weight loss CD than one that gives up cos it's too miserable!!!! xxx

Dukan website put me at 10s 7lb even with 5 kids! Trudy, you're right that being so strict makes me not enjoy it as much, however I know that come the summer when husband living with us again I'll be back to tolerateds! Am tired of being on cruise so anything that might bring conso nearer is worth trying, My conso will be around 500days!!!

Whatever YOUR choice CD we are behind you 100%! I hope the weight loss increases for you to reward your hard work - I am gonna try and upload my before and after pics in the next day or so - my fat one is scary - haven't taken one for now - bit scared to be honest - but needs to be done I think!!! x

Ha Ha Trudy - did you think I'd caved in and was snarfing pizza? My laptop keyboard broke so I had to buy a wireless keyboard and mouse. God, even being computer-less for two days is awful!!
Anyway, all fine here. Bit chilly mind...We walked home through the park and down along the river tonight - Glasgow's West End really is beautiful and I am glad we are back, even it has meant a difficult year it is worth it. And all the children love their school which is good as that was one of the big reasons we moved back!! Seven year old ecstatic as she now has Highland Dancing lessons after school (I'm pretty happy too as on that day I get an extra 45min to myself;))
Just found out hubby will be here for an entire week, which is great. Only 8 more sleeps. He has now lost 3 stone.
Dukan - on 1st Feb I weighed exactly 152lbs, will weigh again on 1st March. Have just gorged on stir-fried turkey with spinach and beansprouts, my stomach is sore I had so much - I really have to stop doing this on PV days. Bought a new pair of Dorothy Perkins skinny jeans today - size 10 is a perfect fit :D

glad to hear everything is good and woop woop for hubby being home for a week :D

It's his birthday on the 13th - I'm thinking bacon and eggs and fried mushrooms for his breakfast, chilli stuffed pepper and salad for lunch and peppered steak, bns, spinach for his dinner followed by Dukan trifle. Does that sound like a nice birthday?

oh yes ... can i come for dinner lol

Me too - it would be a right party!!! LOL - glad you have not cleared Glasgow of pizza CD!!!! You sound very up beat and happy, wonderful news that hubby home for a full week - sure you will make the very best of it. Dotty P size 10 is pretty cool misses - you will need to model them for Mr CD when he comes home - nice surprise for him. I always eat more on a PV day think it's must - makes up for those blimmin PP days!!!! I am managing to stay away from the philly lite a bit more which is good as I was getting quite addicted!!!Were you 'in the country' before your move to Glasgow???? I love living in the country but really miss the buzz of a city - I have lived in Edinburgh and London. Both have their perks!!! Hate the pesky snow though makes everything v hard work!!!! An I see its a coming this weekend!! LOL

We lived on the Isle of Lewis for ten years, and I grew up in the countryside so I do really love it. However, all the childrens' relatives live in Glasgow and I loved my five years here before our Hebridean adventure. One of the great things about Scotland is the countryside - it simply is awe-inspiring. I'm missing having a real fire, though Mr CD has agreed to a rayburn (!!) which is fabulous. However, being sensible, we have to have found our long-term flat before we get it as really don't want to have to move it. This flat is in a wonderful area which I really want to stay in, and the close is nice, but would like a larger place. I get to look forward to a rayburn though, which is good.:)
Think my mood swings at TOTM are bad at the minute, going to try really hard this month to not feel so glum but it is very hard. Maybe some nice steak or salmon on the TOTM PP days would help?
Today's PP:
B - Rhubarb and ginger porridge
S - Tuna
L - Ham omelette
D - Spicy, garlicky chicken soup
S - Tuna

Tomorrow's PP:
Exactly the same as today - haven't been shopping :rolleyes:

Back