Caledonian Dukan

Thanks cd .... Ohhh I could kill for a diet irn bru :eek: I'll get one when I'm at the docs for my mot tommorrow lol can't wait to see pics xx

YAY CD looking forward to the pics - it's nice to put a skinny face to the name!!! LOL! Doesn't Ellie look amazing - mind you she was a pretty larger lady too - a lot of style!!! Glad your feeling better - are we allowed Diet Irn Brew??? I haven't had one for ages and ages and I love the stuff!!! How's ur day been? Good I hope. Any plans for the week? Just preparing for Mr CDs arrival - Sat isn't it - the 11th? Bet you just cannot wait and how lovely to have him home over Valentines day!!! I have rehearsal on Tuesday night so that ruins any plans!!! Will be spending the night as a nun!!! How ironic!!! LOL!

Ha, being a nun on Valentine's Day - like it Trudy!
Mr CD should be here Friday evening, weather permitting, and I can't wait. Today, I am freezing and feel tetchy, which is probably PMT. Ugh. However, this afternoon I am going to the local community gardens for a talk on sustainable food by Glasgow's Food Co-Op. Should be interesting. There's free food available, which is going to be annoying to have to decline!! Brrr, hands are so cold I'm going to have yet another cup of tea to warm them up. And I'm pretty sure we're allowed diet irn bru - and occasionally I need it so tough if we aren't:rolleyes:
Just had two turkey steaks with onion and beansprouts for an early lunch, very tasty. And need more eggs as I'm really enjoying scrambled eggs at the minute as a snack in the evening.

Yeah these cups of hot drinks really do serve a dual purpose at the moment!

LOL at being a nun on 14th... I suggested we go out to OH but then I thought I'll probably only be frustrated at the lack of choice so we'll probably stay home and have a BIG steak each!

So last night was a BAD night - I actually took a pack of seven mars ice creams out of the freezer, determined to eat them all and stuff the consequences...put them back...took them out...in the end I had a tin of tuna and a tomato which is good but I am craving really badly at the minute. Also, snuck a look at the scales this morning in an attempt to up my motivation - 1 3/4 lbs up again :eek:. At this rate it'll take me a year to get to Dukan's target for me, let alone my target for me!!

WELL DONE CD - DO NOT EAT THE MARS BAR ICE CREAMS - they are NOT worth it and you will feel ten million times worse....... You did great to avoid it, don't give up now. Mr CD is back in two days and you don't want to have a blow out before then, just think how impressed he will be with you............ Nothing tastes as good as feeling great and in control and you totally are missy!!! Treat yourself to a couple of Diet Irn Brews - that will do the trick for sure.......... Did you get the water tablets???? Also stay off those blimmin scales, you promised to weigh once a month so stick to that resolution!!! Lecture over!!!! Hope you have a great Dukan day and fill up with lots and lots of lovely Dukan food cos you know you can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat .............. I'm sure you get the idea of what I'm saying! x

I know you are right Trudy, just hard at the minute. I think one of the problems I have is I haven't been shopping for a while so there is little Dukan stuff in - need to get plenty for when hubby here so that should help. And I have been having bacon. BUT, don't understand just why I am struggling so much not to have a carb/sugar binge at the minute - I've been following Dukan for ages so should be used to it by now!!
Today's PP:
B - porridge, sweetener and vanilla
S - scrambled eggs x 2
L - 2 x tins of tuna
D - Mince probably
S - More tuna rather than Mars ice creams!
What a dull day.

You did fantastic to resist the temptation. You should be proud of yourself for that. Your stats really are inspiring and I understand that it must be frustrating for you but keep your head up and focused on your goal and you'll get there eventually.

So last night was a BAD night - I actually took a pack of seven mars ice creams out of the freezer, determined to eat them all and stuff the consequences...put them back...took them out...in the end I had a tin of tuna and a tomato which is good but I am craving really badly at the minute. Also, snuck a look at the scales this morning in an attempt to up my motivation - 1 3/4 lbs up again :eek:. At this rate it'll take me a year to get to Dukan's target for me, let alone my target for me!!
Oh no CD so unfair to have such bad cravings it doesnt matter how long it takes anyway slow loss is far better than quick. You will have more important things on your mind besides Mars Icecream :eek: from weekend so hang in there Mrs x if anyone can do it you can:bighug:from me x

Aww like the hug Chris - good one. Well done CD for sticking with it. Why not make up some strawberry mousse for your PP days? Not sure why the cravings so strong atm, maybe some new recipes would help??? I dunno cos you seem to be eating all the right things and I think lean back bacon with everything removed that remotely looks like it might be fat is surely alright??? Okay high salt content but??? Anyway we know you can stay strong and Mr CD home really soon!!! x

Thanks for the support guys, it does help! Finally managed to get into town for water retention tablets and bought the most potent ones in Holland and Barrett so fingers crossed they'll help. Have worked out a week of gorgeous meals for when Mr CD here so looking forward to them. Have decided to start adding 1tbsp wheatbran a day - I've never had it, hoping it might help with the carb cravings. Am very cold/tired/headachy all the time, tonight I am wearing fingerless gloves, two thick pairs of socks and four layers of tops and still aren't warm?? Maybe I'm anaemic, I should probably get some bloods taken.
Best compliment I have ever had - my husband's Gran has asked for a tin of my (non-dukan) spiced apple muffins as her and his Grandad think they are delicious. Need to make up a batch for him and Liberty to take at the weekend. Going to have a bath and early night and avoid the freezer - the sooner the kids eat the damn ice-cream the better :)

Fingers crossed for the tablets! Spiced Apple Muffins??? Dukan???? If so how? LOL. Good idea maybe for the blood test to be on the safe side as it does sound like you are a bit under the weather. Glad you have avoided the freezer - might be a plan to have an ice cream party for the children to get rid of those darn things!!!! Menu plan for the next week sounds very organised - wish I could organise a weeks menu - never will happen I can't remember what is happening day to day - school reminded me it's half term next week - really is it????!

she said non dukan trudy :p lol

Duuuuhhhhh yes she did - told you I was tired, cold, dyslexic and stupid!!!!! LOL

Believe me, chocolate covered ice-cream can be eaten whatever the weather!! Am definitely getting kids to eat them as I can hear the flipping things whispering enticingly to me from the depths of the freezer!!
Very excited - Mr CD here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!! He's so sweet, he even told me to leave the washing up for him to do when he gets in (I won't, but what a lovely thing to say!). Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. Is it the fact that I'm going to have my husband here I'm looking forward to, or the fact I'll be making Dukan trifle for his birthday?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
My 4 year old woke me at 2a.m. last night with a blood-curdling scream and a nightmare so I'm very tired today. Poor wee boy.

Ditto for the early morning wake up call but it was our pregnant restless mare setting off the foal alarm AGAIN!!!! GRRRRR............ Realise that she is due to foal exactly the day I go to the spa so have just had to rope in a friend to be the experienced midwife on hand in case!!! Good timing Trudy! Don't you hate it when they have horrible dreams, not nice - better when they get older and can understand them and not be soooo frightened. I hope you are jumping up and down with excitement at the arrival of Mr CD - bet he is too. Hope the week is everything you want it to be and that you have a fandabadastic Valentines Day and that the kids enjoy Daddy being home too............ Dukan Trifle recipe????

Dukan Trifle:
In the bottom of trifle dish break up a muffin (one per person), pour SF jelly over muffin and refrigerate till set. That's the base. Could put goji berries in it if you want. Then topping can be vanilla cream cheese icing or Anja's tofu vanilla cream, spread over the top. My husband is trifle-mad and he likes it. If you were cheating a little bit at Xmas you could go slightly Atkins and put some whipped cream at the top.
Anyway, have just tried Anja's tofu vanilla cream and wow!! Definitely my new favourite thing. For some reason I have always been wary of trying tofu, even though Mr CD has always recommended it, I've never been quite sure what to do with it. This dessert is fantastic, and PP suitable too!! I'm also going to start trying tofu savory dishes as it is silly to be frightened of an ingredient at my age :eek:. Am thinking tofu and chilli stuffed peppers as an easy start. Maybe tofu stuffed roasted BNS would be nice, with garlic and smoked paprika. Mmmmm, making myself hungry :eek:

How does tofu come??? Thought it was a block of stuff - how to you make the vanilla cream? I have always avoided it too but willing to try!!!

Back