Caledonian Dukan

Tired, headache, sore throat, TOTM cramps - wish I could put the quilt over my head and sleep today away. However, walk to Nursery, walk to the library, some housework, walk to school, walk home, make salad for everyone's dinner, referee the kid's arguing, watch over homework, do some mending.
The TV has died unexpectedly and I really need to do some food shopping. I don't like today. Hope tomorrow will be better.

CD hope your on the mend, and flippin ell....oxo cubes!

ahh similar day here, damn life when we r ill! Can u do a shop online instead of going out? I got some sugar free tunes for throat, can we have those do u know? is it same as sweets? 5 a day methinks.

Tired, headache, sore throat, TOTM cramps - wish I could put the quilt over my head and sleep today away. However, walk to Nursery, walk to the library, some housework, walk to school, walk home, make salad for everyone's dinner, referee the kid's arguing, watch over homework, do some mending.
The TV has died unexpectedly and I really need to do some food shopping. I don't like today. Hope tomorrow will be better.
Oh no what is it with us all, we all seem to feel ikky or have trying things on our hands, get well soon CD ((hugs)))

I'm not really sure about throat sweets so just stick to a cup of tea with some paracetamol! Hate PP days with sore throats! Have done shopping online and just going to watch Call the Midwife (again, love it) on iplayer at 10pm. A nice end to a rubbish day :)

Hope you feel better tomorrow ((hugs))

Hope u feel better and call the midwife cures all!!! Here's to a better day tomorrow!!! X

Ive got ,Shadows of the workhouse to read (when I get a minute) its the follow up, if I get the chance I'll read call of the midwife too as they say so much graphic stuff was left out. CD, call of the midwife was in the 50s, the intoduction of NHS and the empowerment of women over there bodies .....I cant believe that it was like that and not that long ago.Hope your feeling better today me duck xxx

Iplayer wasn't playing Call the Midwife at 10pm :mad:. Too soon. :mad:
However, I'd got the book from the library yesterday so started reading that instead - fantastic, couldn't put it down till gone 2.00am :eek:
Going to really enjoy reading the whole series. Nackered this morning, thank goodness for caffeine :D

Still got sore throat, actually don't fancy doing a PV as can't face even more chewing - should make a chicken and veg soup maybe? Very yucky weather here, have to sort the house as there are friends coming to play after school - they are going to do some sewing and some baking so that will be fun. I am going to sit in a lovely little cake shop I've found whilst kids are at nursery, drink more coffee and read more of the book - simple pleasures. Hope everyone Dukaning has a good Dukan Friday.

what a lovely morning planned CD far better than my ironing. You've reminded me I need a visit to the library too for some craft books to choose projects to do over the coming weeks. Hope you feel better soon :)

what a lovely morning planned CD far better than my ironing. You've reminded me I need a visit to the library too for some craft books to choose projects to do over the coming weeks. Hope you feel better soon :)

I've got back into candle-making recently, used to love it when I was a young teen! Have been making the gorgeous teacup candles you see in expensive gift shops with charity shop teacups/saucers at a fraction of the cost. Think some with Christmassy smells would make good presents this year. Only bad thing about summer is lack of dark to enjoy candles!

I used to make my own candles to CD, still have all the stuff here thankfully so I might just get it all out & have a go again

I used to make my own candles to CD, still have all the stuff here thankfully so I might just get it all out & have a go again

You should, I'd forgotten how fun it was. And you can never have too many candles :rolleyes:

I don't make candles but I but a lot of candles, love my home smelling of vanilla.xxx

Bored, bored, bored. Fed up of this bad throat. Just had a huge bowl of stewed rhubarb which helped but not looking forward to PP tomorrow. Scrambled eggs in the morning will be ok, then maybe chicken soup with loads of chicken, maybe fish as that's quite soft. Need to bake more muffins in the morning - might do mocha.Ho hum, going to go and have a cup of tea.

CD, it cant last much longer.....hang on in there xxx

Have just been reading your posts over the past week or so and CD I think you have amazing willpower. Such a busy lady with a quiet large young family and you just keep going and going.... I hope you see a 'downward' trend on the scales next weigh-in.
I reached my TW a few weeks ahead of schedule kept going till my date (25/5/12). Went on holiday for a week then and started conso. Two weeks on conso and I am still losing weight!!! Don't let the numbers get you down enjoy the number 8 though as most of us will never see ourselves in anything that small. Enjoy.

my friend used to make candles in charity shop bought cups and saucers and sold them at craft sales along with her range of soaps, lip balms lotions etc... she did very well with them :)

Morning CD, hope you've work up feeling better xxx

Actually Sid, I woke feeling worse! Doctor's on Monday, pretty sure I have a throat infection. Ugh. Painful even dosed up on cocodamol today. Felt so bad I told the kids that if they left me in peace to go back to bed for an hour I would make them chocolate muffins for snack. Bribery is sometimes VERY necessary.Anyway, they were nice and I had a wee doze but then had to bake muffins for them as well as me!
Have just joined LoveFilm as I think some films in the evenings would be nice, other than that I've done very little today apart from drinking warm drinks and sitting curled up with the kitten. Am actually not looking forward to going to bed later as every day this week I've woken up with an even worse throat - Dukan is no enjoyable, can't help but think how soothing banoffee pie would be ;)

Back