Caledonian Dukan

LOL - that banoffee pie would slide down!!! LOL - would taste awful tho!!! Hope the doc gives you some antibiotics for that and you can get on the mend! Good children today bless them.... Hope you have a nice Sunday xxx

Well, my weight loss has not been that great recently - last week I had had 4 weeks where in total I had put ON 1lb. Doesn't sound like much but a month of being strict but not seeing it on the scales was pretty depressing. Now, this week it has been a loss of 2 and 3/4lbs so in total the last 5 weeks has seen a LOSS of 1 and 3/4lbs. Dukan does work, just have to accept it is very slow for me now.
I celebrated my loss with a tomato in my tuna salad at lunch :D

Yes a loss is a loss and think its always harder on the last few pounds CD, hang on on there xxx

i had to LOL at pauline there haha

are you planning to move to conso as planned when hubby was due back or when you get the last 4lbs off ?

WELL Done CD - hope the doc gets you some medicine today and you start to feel better!!! Definitely slow to come off the nearer you get to target but hey ho we will all get there in the end! x

Hang in there, I still have a bit to go but I still find that I am hitting plateaus already. It's not a race and theoretically the longer it takes you to get to goal the better chances you have of keeping the weight off.

crikey that must have been hard going not seeing a loss omg well done really WELL DONE for sticking at it! Hope u are feeling better x

Thanks everyone - support on here really does help :)

After a lot of thought I have decided to keep going on Cruise for as long as I can, I would really like to get down to 9 stone 12lbs which is my lightest ever (managed it for 1 day 13 years ago :D). I fully accept that I wont be able to maintain that but it would be such a personal achievement and mean a huge lot. I was a chubby child and a chubby teenager, had my eldest very young and was very unhappy with my ex-husband last time I weighed that. I really, really want to do this and will try my hardest. Also, perfect opportunity to stay on Cruise with hubby away as wouldn't enjoy gala meals without him ;).
If I could only up my exercise levels I know the last bit would come off, hard to do when solely responsible for the kids though. Uncomfortable about swimming whilst they are at school in case the school tries to get hold of me. Once the new term starts in August I'm going to spend my couple of hours free time every day at the gym. Can't wait.

Throat slowly getting better thank goodness. For the first time since starting Dukan I'm struggling with "transit" difficulties - think it's the amount of co-codamol I've had this last week due to the throat. Lots of stewed rhubarb and lettuce tomorrow and some strong coffee. It's really not a nice feeling.

CD, you keep dropping that tw weight....are you sure for your height your not going to far to the lower end for your weight range? You need to look after yourself, young familys are hard work xxx hope you don't think I've commented out of turn, just dont want you to loose your strength and pick up every bug going xxx

That seems very low to me, too, especially as the weight-loss has slowed right down despite your being super-strict these last few weeks. Like Sid says, I'm not trying to interfere, but feeling healthy and energetic has to come first when you have sole responsibility for so many little people. You should be treating yourself, not martyring yourself. You have done so amazingly well and sound like such a great person - I'm your biggest fan x

Thanks for your thoughts Sid and Sara, I'd agree if I was actually planning to try and maintain at that weight, I just want to see it again to prove something to myself! I am very happy to long-term maintain at the weight I am now but want to take this chance to see the scales in the 9s! Today I am wearing an Oasis size 8 knee-length denim skirt and a Next size 8 top (style that hides the tummy excess skin!), I still can't truly believe this IS me!! If at any point in trying to get lower I feel it is affecting how my energy (mental and physical) is for the kids then I will immediately stop.
Today's shocking news: I have bare legs :eek::eek::eek: For the first time in fifteen years :eek::eek::eek:
And, of course, it's cloudy today so not much chance of a tan but don't care! I've put polish on my toe-nails and I am feeling good about myself - will probably be freezing at Sports Day later but c'est la vie :).

Well I hope you get a bright afternoon to show off those bare legs!!! And if not put a warm jacket on to keep the rest of you warm!!! Understand your goals CD so 100% behind you all the way....... The mental state for me has to be the most vital! x

Sports Day was DRY!! And even sunny in patches! So cute to see the Nursery races - my two youngest (less than a year between them :eek:) were adorable in the three-legged race with their arms around each other: my wee girl is slow (flat feet!) and clumsy and was so clearly restricting her wiry and agile older brother's running! Hilarious and very sweet, he didn't mind in the slightest. The seven year old came second in her three-legged which she was very happy about. I think they will sleep well tonight. Had a wonderful hour cuddling a friend's 5 week old daughter as well which was very nice.

Dukan - still got transit difficulties, had loads of strong coffee (even had a triple shot take-away Americano for Sport's Day Relief), drinking loads of water and having cabbage and celery soup tonight but nothing and it's a very odd, rather unpleasant feeling. Flipping co-codamol. I really don't want to resort to pills. Need to find some rhubarb, but guess what - just when I need it it's nowhere!

CD you really are a stubborn so & so aren't you :) You do what you think is right regarding your TW just don't lose the plot whilst trying to get there. A size 8 is something I'll ever see I'm sure.

Think I've got the same lergy as you & Kirsty, my throat is so painful, feels like my glands are swollen & my throat is so painful when I try to eat something :(

Glad to read you've got those pins out :)

Hey JoJo, isn't PP awful with a sore throat - mine has nearly gone but lots of sympathy for you from me. Chicken soup is good.

Grey day today but I'm wearing summery clothes to compensate! And have legs out again, so Glasgow watch out :D
Having an afternoon out in coffee houses with a friend and her 5 week old daughter, I'm drinking the coffee that she can't have as she is breast-feeding and she's having the cakes I can't have :)
My sore throat has nearly gone, so feeling much more cheerful - PP day today isn't going to help me "go" though, looks like I'll be swilling coffee all day which probably means my ulcer will be playing up later. Hmmm, might have to resort to pills after all.
Have been looking up glamping sites - WOW - I know what I'm asking/telling Mr CD we NEED to have! :)

Back