Caledonian Dukan

Evening CD, I love sports day too....totally sympathize with poo problems I'm like this ever week...Dukolax....its the answer ;-) lol

Think I'm going to have to get Dukolax tomorrow, for the first time in my life :(
Have just ordered a week's shopping online, hate how expensive everything has become - I suppose it's one way of keeping healthy, nobody can afford to get loads of treats! Fruit, veg, fish, pulses to keep the kids healthy and cheap tuna, cheap eggs, cheap mince for me. Dull, dull, dull.
Need new carpets, birthday presents for my daughter turning 16, new school uniforms, new shower, new TV. Looks like it'll be cheap mince for a while :D

CD, I've got to at least half my shopping bill since hubbys news yeterday, its not cheap eating healthy, school uniforms etc...not a cheap time of the year xxx

CD

I know exactly what you mean about the price of groceries.

About three weeks ago I found myself spending £140 on food shopping - without trying, without loads of booze (him indoors!) and without washing powder et al. There's only 3 of us, not 33!

Considered it completely obscene so now I budget £100 a week for all food and cleaning products and, frankly, if we've spent the budget and we haven't got something, then we wait a week!

It's a bit of a novelty at the moment but I'm thinking it's a pretty good discipline to adopt too. Money doesn't grow on trees, unfortunately!

End of old woman moan ... :D

P x

I used to do all my shopping on line and the cost was increasing. I decided to cut back so i do my main shop at Aldi, spend around £60 per week on groceries. Then i get the cleaning stuff and toiletries from Home and Bargain or B&M. then i get bits like quark and fromage frais from Asda. I reckon im spending less than £100 per week. Your right though healthy eating isn't cheap!! The yogurt maker has been a god send, saved me a small fortune. Cx

Sports Day was DRY!! And even sunny in patches! So cute to see the Nursery races - my two youngest (less than a year between them :eek:) were adorable in the three-legged race with their arms around each other: my wee girl is slow (flat feet!) and clumsy and was so clearly restricting her wiry and agile older brother's running! Hilarious and very sweet, he didn't mind in the slightest. The seven year old came second in her three-legged which she was very happy about. I think they will sleep well tonight. Had a wonderful hour cuddling a friend's 5 week old daughter as well which was very nice.

Dukan - still got transit difficulties, had loads of strong coffee (even had a triple shot take-away Americano for Sport's Day Relief), drinking loads of water and having cabbage and celery soup tonight but nothing and it's a very odd, rather unpleasant feeling. Flipping co-codamol. I really don't want to resort to pills. Need to find some rhubarb, but guess what - just when I need it it's nowhere!

There seems to be plenty of rhubarb in my local Tesco - at £3 a bunch. Staggering! When I was wee rhubarb seemed to be everywhere, even in some hedgerows and sprouting like weeds in every garden. Now it seems to have become a luxury item. I am currently growing some in my back garden; the Tesco price shocked me into action.

CD, lassie, I salute you. You've lost a ton of weight on a diet I personally could not stick to for a week, far less for months on end. Well done, all of you. Vegetarian Atkins I love and low-carbing in general suits me better than any other way of eating - particularly with regard to maintenance - but Dukan honestly looks like no fun at all. How on earth do you get through the days?

Bravo anyway for your determination and perseverence. I, too, am from Glasgow. Scots folk as you will know just love sweeties, cakes and biscuits! Therein lies the source of many an adult weight problem... lol. Greasy pies and bridies, too...

Good luck. You honestly deserve it x

Thanks GirlyGirl, it's funny how one diet can suit one person and not another - I find Dukan great!! And yes, agree totally about the Glaswegian diet - gorgeous take-aways on every corner, yumyums, tablet. It's coz the weather can be so hard I think.

Gutted, can't get out to get senokot/dukolax or whatever, trapped in the house with a horrendously vomitty little boy. The smell of bleach again, joy! Have had to get a friend to take the seven year old to school. I have NO fresh veg in till the shopping comes tonight either so suppose should change today to a PP. Note to self - get some frozen mushrooms/pepper/onion for emergencies. And lemonade in in the cupboard. Wonder which of us is going to get it next?

urgh.... nowt worse than a vomiting bug..... its the one thing i cant cope with lol

Sorry to hear about the sick-bug.

The cost of food shopping has gone through the roof. I go to Waitrose and scour the shelves for 'stickered' (marked down) products every morning after dropping the little ones off at school. The quality of their meat, fruit and veg is second to none but you miss out on the bargains if you shop online. Online is obviously more time-efficient though - depends what you have more of, I suppose.

I miss getting the bargains when getting it online but have no supermarket that near me, quite like online as I only get what is on my list as you aren't facing aisles of yummy cakes etc whilst hungry! I've started getting some groceries like washing powder/cat food from Amazon on their subscription - having checked the identical item's price at all the major supermarkets it works out definitely cheaper. Also, free delivery!

Have decided to manage without my breakfast muffin in the morning and instead try adapting a rhubarb clafoutis recipe to make it Dukan friendly, quite fancy a large sweet custardy/cakey elevenses as a treat!

Ugghh, woke up early - now having strong coffee to try and keep my eyes open! Feel so sluggish, going to have LOADS of rhubarb today in he hope it will help 'clear' me out - I have real sympathy now for people who suffer this regularly. Will definitely not expect a loss on weigh-in this week :mad:

So Dukan -
B - Yoghurt & strong black coffee
S - Rhubarb Clafoutis (Can't wait)
L - Tuna (x2) Salad
D - Chicken, Cabbage, Spinach

Plus loads of water & coffee through the day!

Sat listening to The Beautiful South, had forgotton how much I like them, trying to ignore how dreich it is outside for the school run. Need to get enough energy to go shopping - Mr CD needs another suit and shirts for his new job, only problem is he refuses to wear white shirts so I have to buy expensive black ones grrrr. We all have our foibles though...he is mine :D

CD, will he not wear blue shirts? I think a blue shirt on a man is so smart xxx

get him pink then :p

Love it Ellie!!! I love a man in a pink shirt - so masculine!!! How you making the rhubarb thingymajig CD????? Hope the coffee has perked you up - will be better than my coffee which has the faintest taint of bleach since the boss flushed it though the water system to get rid of the few bugs we found on the last water test!!! LOL!

Hey CD, sorry to hear u are 'bunged up lol! Hope u get it sorted soon, its horrible feeling like that. LOVE to see u write dreich!! Ahh takes me back to my childhood. I would like the recipe for the clarfart thingy, the rhubarb one hahaha x

Back