Calf Size.

Bijoux

Fat Fighter
Hi everyone. I just want to know whether you've lost weight from your calves in line with the rest of your body. I know we are all individuals but I want to set a realistic target. So how many inches have you lost from your calves? Plus what's the circumference of normal boots off the high street?

Before I started losing weight they were about 20 inches and they've shrunk to 18 inches. I am hoping for another 2 inch loss so fingers crossed. :sigh:

Yes its definately achievable, I think my calves were about 18" when i started and they are now at 14.5" and I still have another 20lb to lose.

I think the average calf measurements for longboots is about 30-40cm which as around 14-15".

:)

Thanks alot for that. Hopefully another 3-4 inches and I can buy "normal" boots lol.

Mine have definitely got a little smaller already, hoping they get alot smaller too so I can buy some new boots in normal shops preferably!! x

Can calves really hold that much fat? I'd expect men and women to be different, but my calves are 18" and I really don't think much of it is fat. They are probably one of the very few parts of my body that I don't feel I need to improve.

I hope mine get smaller...never measured them but boots just don't zip up over them. They are always just a little too small....mind you very slim people I know say they have the same trouble so maybe they need to make them wider in th first place!

Can calves really hold that much fat? I'd expect men and women to be different, but my calves are 18" and I really don't think much of it is fat. They are probably one of the very few parts of my body that I don't feel I need to improve.

Am assuming you are male. Women tend to carry fat all over the place that is why the normal range for body fat is higher in women than men.

yup mine started out at 16.5 and now they are 13!! can wear normal boots too woohoo!!

Am assuming you are male. Women tend to carry fat all over the place that is why the normal range for body fat is higher in women than men.

Yes, I am male. Sorry, it's been a while since I have been anywhere near a womans calves. :ashamed0005:

Edit: Not by choice I should add!!

i haven't measured mine but they have definitely gotten smaller. I had 'wide calf' fitting boots from Next that were quite tight - now i can fit a few fingers in there when they are done up. I can also just get into normal boots. I have lost 40lbs.

Aww thanks everyone for your replies!! My hope to fit into normal boots lives!! Lol.

@ Mat ..... your post made me giggle! ;)

Mine did shrink although not sure of the exact measurements but I still have problems getting some boots done up, I think it depends on the shape of the boot and how curvy your calfs are!!

xx

oh god i hope mine shrink! my legs are like tree trunks!

My legs are very muscular and even when I was a Ballet teacher and had a BMI of about 23 I couldn't fit into knee length boots. So if you don't fit into normal boots at the end of your journey don't worry about it. As with clothes everything is a standard cut and only tailored to fit the average shape. I have always had boots custom made, and coats as my bust has always been too big for a standard cut whatever size I am. Thank goodness for Bravissimo!:D

my calves are really solid, but i really hope i lose a few inches off there! my ankles are skinny so it looks bizzare!

I'm a guy and can't get wellington boots to fit over my calfs. Never have been able to, they are just pure muscle. Probably more to do with my weight. Perhaps as i slim down my calfs will follow as they won't be lifting so much!!

i thought about measuring mine and then thought "oooooh no - will be horrible" I might do it tomorrow....

xxx

Back