Cali Sweden's Diary

Ohhh how the holidays are here now. Today I went to my cousin-inlaw's for a lesson on how to make Swedish pepparkakor, aka: ginger biscuits (snaps). It was my first time ever making them, she was shocked that I've never done this before. They were very fun to make, and the outcome was very delicious. Though her cookies came out much prettier, while mine came out with arms, legs and heads being ripped or misshaped. I stuck to the mini cookie cutters with easier designs, such as a pig, heart, bell, tree, and a few goats. The woman and man designs were difficult for me.

I felt very much like a child today with trying to roll out the dough super thin and properly without ripping it everytime I rolled it out. But it was very fun, and hopefully it will be something I can do together with my kids oneday :).

They sent me home with all the pepparkakor we made today. Now I'm trying to resist eating them all as they're so wonderfully delicious. They taste 1000x better than the store bought ones. Darn you holidays!

I ate lunch at her house today. She made some yummy Swedish style enchiladas. Very interesting and yummy:).

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, milk and agave syrup.

Snack: a cup of tea and two mini ginger biscuits (snaps).

Lunch: 2 Swedish versions of tortilla chicken enchilada, with tomatoes and cucumber

Snack: a ginger biscuit (snap), half a glass of julmust.

Dinner: Pork, tomato salad, with oat/barley/basmati rice mix.

Snack: 3 Ginger buiscuits (snaps).

Accidently double posted, and I can't figure out how to delete the post. So I just edited it away >_<

Oh Cali I love Swedish thins and the ginger are my absolute favourite. I'm sure the homemade are divine and I'm in awe of anyone who can roll out that thin dough! What a fun festive day!

Cali, it sounded like a super fun festive day! How lovely for you. You still had lots of good foods as well as those ginger treats!!!

I was surprised at how thin we had to roll the dough out. Mine kept tearing and ripping.

Okay these ginger biscuits are too yummy. Thankfully they're very thin.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, milk and agave syrup.

Snack: some ginger biscuits (snaps).

Lunch: Pork, bamboo shoot, and bell pepper stir fry, with barley/oat/basmati rice mix.

Snack: 2 ginger biscuits (snap), half a glass of julmust.

Dinner: Hambuger with multigrain bread, lots of green lettuce and tomatoes.

Snack: 3 Ginger buiscuits (snaps).

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 32 minutes of yoga.

Today was weigh in day, but I'm going to skip it, since well somehow from yesterday and today I gained 2 lbs. Though I ate the healthy past couple of days compared to the rest of the week, but the weight went up. So I'm going to pass on this time. 2 lbs just from yesterday and today is just wrong. Just on Wednesday I was still on STS.

Lunch: Broccoli, cottage cheese and barley/oat/basmati rice mix.

Snack: 1 clementine

Dinner: Schnitzel salad.

Snack: 4 almond pocky sticks.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 32 minutes of yoga.

That weight gain is mad - perhaps you need to throw out your scales or perhaps get new batteries? That's what I am thinking about my scales. Completely understand you skipping the weigh in today - it's totally crazy.

What are almond pocky sticks? Food looks good, as always. :)

You're right Cali, don't dwell on the scales. Just lee going as best you can until the festivities are over. The ginger biccies sound lush!!

Cali, I hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying the festive season.

Hi Molly, I'm still here :). I haven't had time to really write, it's been pretty busy for me. Also I haven't been exactly on track with low GL, with all the festivities. But I am making good choices here and there, and not stuffing my face as much as I thought I would.

Yesterday was my Bday get together, it went really well. It wasn't low GL, but I am glad to say that I barely ate 1/4 of the Almond Jelly I made because I felt it was too sweet. Everyone else thought it tasted perfect, but it was too sweet for my liking.

It sounds like you are handling the holidays really well - go you! :D

Glad your birthday gathering went well - you didn't mention when your birthday was/will be so I'll wish you a very happy birthday now! :D

ah have a great birthday!!

Today I had a non-scale victory! Yippie!!! For the first time ever, when I was doing yoga today I did a full side plank on both sides. I'm really proud of myself, I've come a long way compared to last year.

The holiday season is almost over. Still have a couple of big celebrations left, then it'll be back to dieting. I will return to low GL diet after New Year's day. I look forward to getting back on track and losing weight again :)

Back