Cali Sweden's Diary

I ended up catching a cold, and it's been very hard to try to stay focused on dieting. I finally had enough strength to do yoga today, but I did sleep for twelve hours last night. I've gone through at least two and half boxes of tissues in a few days.

Almost hard to believe that tonight will be two weeks since I've been back, but it feels so much longer, as I've had jetlag, and now a cold :(.

Hopefully when I get better I can kick in full gear again.

Exercise:
Pushups, crunches, dips and 35 minutes yoga.

Oh! You and me both!!! I'm stuffed with a cold and bad throat. Here's to us both being back on track very soon!

Feel better soon Cali xxxx

Cali, are you better yet??

Hi Molly! I'm not better yet, I thought it was getting better for a day, but yesterday it took a step back. I think I did too much yesterday, and my body let me know with having the chills and fever. The weather here hasn't been helping as it's been chilly, raining and windy. Boy do I miss the states right about now :)

Ah hugs to you hon!! I hope you're better soon. Nasty weather won't lift your mood either.

I'm doing much better, cold isn't 100% gone yet, but it's getting there:) I've been able to workout since yesterday, and have done better with the eating as I'm feeling better. We've finally been getting some warm weather up here. Took it long enough but I'm enjoying the warmth and the sun now:)

Food isn't 100% perfect but it's a start :) I've got a lot to lose from the gain I made in the states.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, turmeric, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: A few naughties of choco chip cookies

Lunch: Very small portion of pytt i panna (Swedish potato hash thing), egg, and a huge salad.

Snack: A banana.

Dinner: Teriyaki chicken, huge salad, and oats/barley/rice mix.

Exercise: Pushups, dips, 40 minutes of yoga, and 25 minutes walk.

Cali, it's good to hear you are feeling better. The warming weather will cheer your spirits. You can get out walking in the sunshine and soak up the vitamins. I'm sure you'll start dropping those pesky pounds soon.

Feeling sore today from my workouts. I decided to give my body a small break, but I did go on a walk :). I also did a little bit of painting today, which will most likely make my arms sore tomorrow. Working on the house is a never ending task, but it always feels wonderful having new paint or new wallpaper :). Today's food was leftover so it wasn't special, but I do love leftovers, as it means I didn't have to cook.

Breakfast:
Oat porridge with blackberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, turmeric, agave syrup and milk.

Lunch: Teriyaki chicken, huge salad, and oats/barley/rice mix.

Snack: Dark choco biscuit

Dinner: Teriyaki chicken, huge salad, and oats/barley/rice mix.

Exercise: 28 minutes walk.

Okay I'm a little bummed out with weigh in today. I started workingout again this past week. It was over a month ago that I did some serious workout. So I've been sore this week, but I noticed that on Tuesday the scale jumped over 2lbs. Since then the scale hasn't budged. I've been eating much less than I have been, and eating much better and healthier.

It's a little discouraging when you're doing good and the scale goes up like that. I can understand if I was pounding down Big Macs all day and food sinning, but I haven't :( I hope it's the working out and eating healthier that caused my body to get confused or something, and hopefully it'll wake up soon and start losing weight again >_<

+2.2 lbs (+1kg)

Ah don't despair Cali! It just might take your body time to adjust to returning to fitness and food plan. Or, did you reduce food intake do much that your body felt it was starving?
I hope this week is good with you, staying low GL and having some nice yoga sessions, giving you a nice loss!

Cali, I hope you are doing ok? I hope the gain has not let you lose your focus. Keep us posted on your progress! We're all here whether it's good or bad!

I'm just catching up Cali. Keep on with it as it will all come off in the end.

I know it is so frustrating. I lose weight very slowly and often feel that I might as well binge on junk but then I justify it by rationalising that I am eating in a way that is better for me irrespective of weight.

I agree with Molly that increasing exercise may affect your weight in the short term.

keep doing the good stuff and in the long run it will show ! you know it's worth it for long-term life gains.

Cali, where are you hiding? Hope all is well with you?

Awww thank you ladies! Sorry I haven't been writing recently. The weather here has taken a icky turn from 30 degrees to 5-12 degrees with really cold wind. So the pains started kicking up again everyday. I tried workingout when I could I think it was only three times last week if that. Most of the time it's been trying to stay warm and take it really easy.

I noticed so far that my weight likes to jump up whenever I do my exercise, and it goes back down after several days of no exercise. I'm not able to do it everyday so the body isn't used to it. I started doing a lot more power poses and core poses which really are tough, and the next day or two the scale jumps up. My body feels really stiff and sore for a few days. So I do believe it's water weight and am not stressing over it, as I noticed my pants are getting looser again :).

Really do hope the weather warms up again, it's not fun having such cold temps in June.

Aw Cali sorry to hear about the cold and that it's been troubling you. :( I hope it will warm up soon so you can feel better! I'm really impressed that you're still doing yoga even with the current weather, and you've got exactly the right attitude to the water weight gain from the exercise. :) Keep on keeping on hon! x

Oh that's so disappointing about the weather. I know you miss the warmer temps of home. I hope it warms up a little this week.
Well done on accepting the ups and downs of your weight. As long as you are eating pretty healthily and exercising then you ate doing ok. The waistband test is as good an indicator as the scales.

Back