Cali Sweden's Diary

Mmm your dinner looks really nice Cali! I love homemade tzatziki, the stuff you buy in the supermarket just tastes weird compared to it!

I know it's not the best subject to talk about, but I'm so amazed about it that I can't help it. This is my first time having my totm on GL diet, and it's my 2nd day. Usually the first couple of days of totm is not the happiest ones for me. I'm usually a moody zombie with cramps.

Other than the two days before totm, it's been pretty good compared to my usual ones. I only gained 1.6lbs, whereas I always gained at least 3 lbs easy before. Only gaining half the amount of weight is a plus. But the amount of energy I have is amazing. Even my guy is shocked that I wanted to go on a walk yesterday and today. I even did my full yoga today, and I feel, well great!

The walk and yoga felt a little harder than normal, but I wasn't dying afterwards. I only had a few cramps yesterday and day before, but they were nothing compared to ones I usually get. I didn't feel bloated either, usually I feel like a HUGE waterbuffalo, but this time my pants didn't get tight around the lower abs.

Did I mention that I didn't have any huge mood swings, where if I see even a commercial I start tearing up? Also my cravings were very minimal this time too. Usually my cravings are really bad, but this time they were minimal compared to my usual.

So all and all I'm very pleased and happy with GL, not only am I losing weight with it. I'm also a much more energetic person with better skin, and better totm :):bliss:

I love GL more and more everyday! :)

That's great to hear. It just shows that you were probably intolerant of many of the foods you used to eat.
Personally, I cannot overemphasise the boost in energy, well being and appearance that I have since moving to GL. Many people comment on it too.
Well done you, its a great incentive to stick with it.

The longer I'm doing GL, the more I'm starting to think how no good wheat products are.

Feeling pretty good all day today. I have a new milestone to add for today. I did 20 guy pushups, that's 10 more than the other day. Pretty excited about it. It's not much, but it's a babystep to being stronger and healthier. I'll take every babystep I can get, since oneday those babysteps are going to add up to a HUGE leap.

Today's food was ok, it could have been better. My guy made dinner so I'm not sure it was the healthiest, but I tried to do my best, and scrape off as much of the sauce of the oven baked omelette.

Breakfast: All bran plus with raspberries and milk.

Snack: 1/4 of my Allévo bar and a piece of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Last night's leftover chicken, hummus, tzatziki and huge salad with lemon juice.

Snack: Peeled apple

Dinner: Oven baked omelette with crayfish and sauce on top with salad and a slice of rye bread. Removed as much sauce as possible.

Snack: 2 piece dark chocolate.

Exercise: 33 minutes walk, pushups, crunches, and 62 minutes of yoga.

Well done on the exercise front; sounds like it's all going very well! Your food looks good today, I wouldn't worry about a little bit of sauce (and nice that you didn't have to cook, hehe!). :)

Thank you Plum (can I call you Plum, or do you prefer Plumfoodie?). I used to be very physically active in my teens and early twenties. Then life takes over, get too busy for that morning/evening jog or workout. I really need to get physically fit and strong again to make my body heal and get better, it was recommended by my doctor, especially if I want to survive winter here.

The sauce had 2 tablespoons flour in it, well it was for the whole sauce, but I still thought "ohh you evil flour made from wheat!" So I tried to scrap off much as possible. Since doing GL I guess I've picked that wheat is the enemy >_<

It's been a lil busy for me today, so I'm posting my weekly weigh in a little later than I wanted to. I don't know if I should be thrilled or not. I gained 1.6 lbs in two days because of totm was coming, but lost it throughout the days. Did a lot of exercise hoping to counteract totm weight gain.

The positive thing is that I only gained 1.6 lbs instead of at least 3 lbs easy like I normally used to. Also it's been a much less dragging my feet one. On a good note, I did lose a little bit with the measuring tape. Lost 1/4 inch on my waist, 1/2 inch on the stomach, 1/4 inch on the hips, 1/2 inch on the bum, 1/4 inch on the thighs, 1/4 inch on the knees. They aren't much oh a loss, but usually at totm I have a harder time trying to button my pants, because it's so bloated, but not this time :)

So here's the 7th weekly weight result:

-0.2 lbs (-.09kg) totm

Total amount since started: -9.0 lbs (-4.09kg)

Hi Cali, yes it's fine to call me Plum. :) I hope you don't mind being called Cali, is that ok? :)

I think a small loss when it's your time of the month is GREAT especially since you say you would normally gain. The inch loss is excellent too. Well done! :D

Thank you Plum, I don't mind being called Cali:) I originally wanted Cali as my name, but the forums said the name was already taken :(

I'm glad I lost a little tiny itsy bit of weight this time, and not had a plus for the weigh in. Just too bad it wasn't at least a whole pound. Well have to see how it goes next week on weigh in. I'm hoping all this exercise will pay off. Well at least I'm getting muscles, but I want the lbs to go away too.

Today's been a little busy for me. I got my exercise in and I'm really glad about that. Food wise I think it was ok, I haven't been planning meals lately. But it's been working out great so far.

Breakfast: All bran plus with blueberries and milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Leftover hummus, tzatziki, spinach ruccola and tomato salad, and chicken, lots of lemon juice.

Dinner: Rotisserie chicken half breast with slice of rye bread, ruccola spinach tomato and cucumber salad with lemon, and some hot sauce for the chicken.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Exercise: 30 minutes walk, pushups, crunches, and 1 hour of yoga.

Awwww thanks Ruth. Back in December/January I tried to do girl pushups and had problems trying to get 5 done. Few days after I started yoga I felt my arm muscles sore. Then I noticed with yoga my arms were getting much stronger. So oneday I thought I might as well try to see if I can do at least one guy pushup, and got 10 guy ones done.

I really love yoga and what's it's doing to my body. I really recommend yoga for everyone. It's easy and low impact, and no matter what body size you are you can do yoga. I've gotten so much stronger with it, I feel more relaxed and at peace. Yoga also helped me decide to eat better and healthier, that's why I picked GI/GL diet.

I saw this video clip yesterday on youtube and found it inspirational for people of all sizes to do yoga HeavyWeight Yoga on San Antonio Living - YouTube .

Went for two walks today, since it was raining on the first one. My OH made dinner tonight, he's been wanting to make quiche for awhile now. Yesterday he even bought wholegrain spelt flour to make the crust so that I'd be able to eat the quiche. He also made it with A LOT of broccoli so that I wouldn't need to have a salad with it. It was really nice of him to plan dinner with so much of my needs involved in his dinner plan :)

I was a little lazy feeling today to do an hour worth of yoga. My legs felt sore and heavy.

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with half milk and water, raspberries and teaspoon of honey.

Lunch: Ruccola, spinach, tomato and cucmber salad with lemon juice, slice of rye bread with avjar, and Norwegian smoked lax.

Snack: Apple peeled, 1 piece of dark chocolate, and cottage cheese.

Dinner: Homemade broccoli and bacon quiche with wholegrain spelt flour for the crust.

Exercise: 15 minutes fast but short walk, pushups, crunches, 31 minutes yoga, and 30 minutes walk.

Last edited:
Hi Cali

Your food today sounds yum, especially your lunch. I am still craving fish all the time - I must be missing a nutrient only fish can provide :)

Well done for losing weight even though it was your totm.

Thank you Ashie! Yes I was craving fish too. Maybe we are craving those healthy fish oils :)

Back