Cali Sweden's Diary

Last night according to myfitnesspal's calorie thing, I had 495 calories leftover, I gained alot of extra calories from yoga. So even if I misscalculated breakfast and lunch, i might have 200 calories leftover instead.

I got on the scale this morning, and I almost s**t myself. I've gained weight two days in a row. That makes it 1.6 lbs since weigh in on Tuesday! I feel like a water buffalo right now, I feel so bloated, that time is coming soon. Has anyone else had or have this type of problem when that time is near or comes???

I usually gain 3 lbs before it comes, but I didn't think it'd happen this time since I'm dieting and working out. Also now that I counted calories I thought I would be safe from the gain. I better rename myself to camelback or water buffalo or something :(

I usually gain a few pounds too but to be honest I don't worry about it. I've never found anything that will prevent it (it's not fat or muscle, so diet/exercise won't really affect it) and if I know that's the cause then I just sort of shrug it off. I know that even the UK slimming clubs put a * next to your weigh-in if you have a gain due to that reason. Think it's just part of the joys of being a woman! ;)

If it really bothers you, though, you could follow general tips for avoiding water retention (cutting back on salt etc) and see if that helps? But try not to worry too much - it doesn't affect your 'true' weight if you see what I mean. :)

Gain around totm will happen everyone. In Total food replacement diets everyone either loses less or nothing at all at totm weeks. Bear in mind they have only 600 cals too! So do not panic!
Also do not get hung up on myfitnesspal. If you see you are under cals there is too much temptation to eat for the sake of it.
You are doing well. You had a loss last week so just keep doing the same thing!

Thank you guys, wasn't sure if anyone else has the same problems too. I can't drink less water as I get bladder infections easy if I don't stay hydrated. Anything like Midol which has diuretic in it is a nono for me.

I don't take the calorie count thing too serious, and just because it told me I had almost 500 calories left I wasn't going to eat them since I wasn't hungry. Common sense tells me to eat only when I'm hungry and not late at night :) After all last week I ate when I was hungry with no calorie count or weighing food and I still lost 2 lbs :)

But I'm glad to know that in weightloss clubs they do take a note of totm :) I'll just have to accept the bloating even on diet. It's just evil to see that the numbers go in the opposite direction when dieting >_<.

On another note, I think I'm allergic to the nectarines and peaches I bought. I think this batch I'm allergic too, never had it happen to me before. I bought them last week they were the cheap ones in a bundle. Everytime I eat one, my lips swell and get itchy, or my face itches and eyes get poofy. This time I cut up the nectarines and put it in my All bran. I noticed immediately that my throat was itchy, and now my eyes are itching like crazy and my whole face. I just took an allergy pill, so hopefully it kicks in soon.

Oh that's a shame about the allergy to the fruit. Have you peeled them and tried that? Sometimes the skins can have residue of chemicals, might be that? Otherwise, you'll have to give them a miss.

I haven't tried peeling them yet. But I think this batch of the nectarines and peaches I'll just leave to OH. Next time I buy them, I'll buy per kg ones. If I have a reaction, I will peel the skin off to see how it goes.

Thank you for the tip Molly :) I didn't even think about maybe the chemicals on the skin were bothering me.

The internet suggests that drinking more water (not less) could actually help reduce water retention: How to Reduce PMS Bloating - wikiHow so I wouldn't worry about not being able to cut down.

That's too bad about the fruit, I love both peaches and nectarines. I'd try washing them well too (you can use very diluted dishwashing liquid) or peeling as Molly suggests just to see if that helps before you give up on them entirely.

I love peaches and nectarines too, and this is the first time it's happened to me. Hopefully it was just that batch.

I wash my veggies and fruits with salt. I wet them with water, scrub them with salt on my hands and then rinse them off well. I'm sorta OCD when it comes to being clean >_<

The salt will be great for bacteria but I think the dishsoap, because of it's degreasing properties, might be a little bit better for removing chemical residues. My mom has lived in a series of countries that have little to no regulation concerning what is allowed to be sprayed onto crops and limited availability of organic produce, and this is her tip. She only uses a tiny drop of the soap on a nylon scrubby pad along with plenty of water and rinses everything very well afterwards!

I hope you are able to eat your 'normal' peaches and nectarines with no trouble once you buy some to try. I love stone fruits! In fact when I was in Oregon I was reminded again what great fruit we could get there, I got in a supply of lovely sweet big plums and Ranier cherries, yum yum. Kept me going for a few days!

I love stone fruits too. I think they're delicious. I'll keep you guys updated on the next time I eat a peach or a nectarine :)

I don't know if it was the weather today or just totm coming soon. But I've been more clumsy than normal, and tired. I fell asleep on the couch this afternoon for over 3.5 hours. By the time I woke up it was time to start working on dinner. I felt I could have slept all day without a problem. My guy was kind enough to not wake up me, and he planned dinner. Which was going to the Schnitzel stand and getting food. I love that place, and today I felt so out of it that I said ok. He was kind enough to order me a schnitzel salad and bring it home. Everything is homemade there, so in the end much better than McDs. Although I had to pickout potato slices from the salad. I didn't know it had them and ate two bites, then realized wait a minute that's potatoes under the greens.

I'll admit my foods today weren't the best. I tried my best to behave, I was craving Pepsi, lots of chocolate and meat. I usually crave them before totm. So I have to give myself a small pat on the back for not caving in to the cravings completely.

I almost didn't do yoga today, as I felt really drained. I didn't do a lot, but doing a little is better than not doing any.

Breakfast: All Bran Plus, with necatrine slices and milk.

Lunch: All beef hamburger patty on top of toasted rye bread slice, lots of spinach, rucola, tomatoes, and cucumbers. A little ketchup and mustard on top.

Snack: Knäckebröd with peanutbutter, a dessert spoon of jam and some cottage cheese.

Dinner: Schnitzel salad with garlic dressing. Lots of veggies in this salad, so I was really pleased with that. I ate about 2 slices of potatoes, before realzing it. I picked out the rest of the potatoes.

Snack: 3 pieces of dark 70% chocolate. One before yoga and two after.

Exercise: 35 minutes walk, pushups, crunches, and 26 minutes of yoga.

Your food yesterday sounds yummy! And well done for keeping your cravings under control. Hope you are feeling less tired soon!

Thank you Plumfoodie. I'm thinking of maybe taking a nap soon or something, as I've been dizzy all day.

At least on a good note, my books came in today. I'm really excited about that. Now I can try to read some of the book, and learn more about GL. Then maybe I can do the diet even better :)

Oh I hate feeling dizzy! I don't want to sound like a lecturing mom ;) but make sure you get enough calories to keep yourself sustained!

Rest today and be nice to yourself and hopefully that will help. (I have started taking a liquid iron supplement if I feel weak/dizzy around my periods and that does seem to help. Floradix Floravital I think it's called!) And have fun reading your books! :D

Thank you Plumfoodie, I took your advice and decided to take it easy today. I also took my woman's multivitamin :)

Yes, I'm feeling better. But also I'm just sitting here, not trying to do too much. It seems to be helping a lot just relaxing. :)

Since I woke up from bed this morning, my head's been spinning in circles. I went for a walk late morning, and thought I was going to passout a couple of times from being so dizzy. Later this afternoon I tried to do yoga, but only did 5 minutes. I thought there's no way I can hold a pose, because when I was laying down working on stretching my legs the ceiling was spinning.

I took a multivitamin with my afternoon snack, and have been taking it easy like everyone has been telling me to do today, which seems to be helping alot :) I had 3 pieces of dark chocolate today, but I spread them out.

Breakfast: All Bran with goji berries, sultanas and milk. 1 dl watered down cloudy apple juice.

Snack: 1 dark chocolate piece

Lunch: Al dente spaghetti with lots of veggies and tomato meat sauce. Some watermelon on the side.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate, cottage cheese and watermelon.

Dinner: Leftover sauce and spaghetti and watermelon on the side.

Snack: 1 piece dark chocolate.

Exercise: 30 minutes walk, pushup, crunches, and 5 minutes of yoga.

On a really happy note, I emailed a pic of me that a friend took from this past Saturday to my parents, to show them my improvements. They were so happy to see I'm looking more like the old me that they remember. So we looked at pictures from when I visited them, a picture of me right before dieting, and the new one. Wow what a huge difference! The biggest difference is the pictures that are only 1.5 months apart. Amazing how much my body's changed and lost. I know the scales only say 8.8lbs but it looks more like 15-18 lbs lost.

Maybe oneday I will post my pics here. But right now I'm still too embarrassed and shy to >_<

Back