Cali Sweden's Diary

Yeah, it was really kind of him to make it GI friendly. He's a sweetheart and that's why I adore him so much :)

Whew, it's getting late already. It's been a very busy day today, I'm quite tired now. I went for my usual walk, and today's weather was nice compared to earlier this week, so we decided to take advantage of it. We don't get many sunny nice days here. We decided to do some more painting on the outside of the house, since it's probably the last chance we will get until next year.

We ended up painting for over 6.5 hours. By the time we finished for the day I was tired, and covered in paint. After all that painting neither of us felt like cooking, so we just ate foods that were easy to prepare. I ended up having breakfast foods for dinner, it was the most easiest thing I could think of making.

I didn't get any yoga done today, since we started painting in the morning and finished painting at 18:00. I'm hoping painting the house for over 6.5 hours counts as some type of exercise, because I feel beat.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fiber porridge with raspberries, milk and teaspoon of honey.

Snack: Cottage cheese with sunflower seeds and peeled apple.

Lunch: Leftover quiche from last night.

Snack: 2 pieces of chocolate and peeled apple.

Dinner: Oatmeal with fiber porridge with black berries, milk and 2 teaspoon of honey. 3 slices of smoked lax with 2 lemon wedges.

Exercise: 30 minutes walk, and hoping 6.5 hours of painting counts as a little workout :)

The painting will have burned a lot of cals. No wonder you feel beat. You'll sleep well tonight.

I slept in today, am very tired. But I think I over did it yesterday since I was having pain, and had to take my medication :( Oh well. I am sore all over today, feels like I did ALOT of pushups or something.

I'm going to have to take it easy today.

Poor Cali. Hope your day was chilled out and relaxed, and you feel full of energy very very soon.

Thank you ladies for the support and kind words!

I probably did pushed myself a bit too much yesterday. Been paying for it today. It's always a learning experience on how far I can push myself. But I'm getting stronger so that's a plus.

I didn't go on a walk today as it was raining and cold all day. I decided to do some yoga in hopes of it making my pain ease up. Doing yoga helped a lot. I felt much better afterwards, it really helps the body loosen up and relax, just as much as makes it stronger.

I made homemade Mexican food tonight. Fresh salsa, frijoles (made from pinto beans), and rotisserie chicken pulled and seasoned. I didn't eat any tortillas with my food, I just ate it as a sort of taco salad without any tortilla chips. Maybe I overdid it with cooking and should have taken it easy today, since now I'm in pain again >_<

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fiber porridge, with black berries, milk, teaspoon of honey and cinnamon.

Lunch: Chili beans leftover that was in the freezer.

Snack: Cottage cheese with sunflower seeds and half a peeled apple.

Dinner: Homemade salsa and beans, chicken asada, green lettuce, ruccola, spinach and lots of lime juice.

Dessert: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches and 61 minutes of yoga.

Food looked fab. Hope you've recovered from overdoing things.

Mmm, Cali, just reading about your lovely Mexican dinner is making me feel hungry and I only had breakfast an hour ago! :D

I hope you're continuing to rest up and starting to feel a bit better. Hopefully you have some delicious leftovers to munch on today. Take it easy hon!

Thank you ladies! The food came out really good. We ate it for lunch, and will eat it again for dinner. I have a lot of beans leftover so I will most likely freeze the rest down for myself :)

I've been taking it much easier today, but I did do some painting again.

How lucky are you to have so much Mexican food. Yummy!! Can you post me your leftovers? :D

Today was a better day for me. The weather was much nicer too, a bit windy but at least the sun was shining and it was warm. Went for a walk today, I took a day off of yoga. Instead I got a little bit of painting done. Compared to the other day it's really short. I took it a little easy today. Okay maybe it's not as easy as I should, but I feel a little scared of not moving around I might blow up like a ballon and gain weight.

Food wise, it was a lot of leftovers to eat. I can't complain about the leftovers since the salsa and frijoles taste much better the next day.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fiber porridge with mixed berries (goji, black currants, black berries, cloudberries and umm I'm forgetting one), milk and cinnamon.

Lunch: Leftover salsa, beans, chicken, on a bed of green lettuce, spinach and ruccola salad.

Snack: a peeled apple with cottage cheese and sunflower seeds sprinkled on top. 1 piece dark chocolate.

Dinner: Leftover salsa, beans, chicken, on a bed of green lettuce, spinach and ruccola salad.

Exercise: 30 minutes walk, and 1.5 hours or painting the outside of the house.

@Plumfoodie: I agree it's going to be really good stuff in the freezer to look forward to.

@Ashie: I'd be more than happy to post you leftovers. I have A LOT of salsa and beans left.

I like the sound of your mixed berries, Cali, how nice to have things like goji berries and cloudberries. I guess they are fresh (ie not dried)?

They're frozen :( I wish they were fresh. But I figured frozen was better than dried or none :) They really love their berries here in Sweden. It took me 6 months or so of living here and having raspberries on everything to get used to raspberries. Before living here my favortie berries were strawberries, cranberries and blueberries. Now I've become very fond of raspberries:)

I think frozen is fine especially if having with porridge or yoghurt. :) I wish we could buy frozen goji berries and cloudberries here!

Back