Cali Sweden's Diary

Went and got a new winter blanket today :happy096:! I'm hoping it'll keep me much warmer when I sleep, since now the cold weather is beginning. When I got home I didn't take off wallpaper as I originally planned. I ended up vacuuming and cleaning the car this afternoon:party0011:. It was really in need of being vacuumed and cleaned.

Food was good today, I did some things different just for a change of taste :)

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, pinto beans and lots of salsa.

Lunch: 1 slice rye bread with seeds, with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, peeled apple and 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Dinner: 2 small burritos, made with 2 small multigrain tortillas, pinto beans, a lil bit of sour cream, seasoned chicken, rucola and spinch, and lots of salsa.

Snack: 2 cups rooibos tea with 1 piece dark chocolate.

Exercise: 28 minutes fast long walk, and 2 hours of vacuuming and cleaning car.

Mmm Cali your food sounds super yummy today! Loving the pinto beans (bean of champions!) and fresh salsa. :D (and the cheerleader smiley! lol!)

It felt really good seeing the inside of the car all sparkling and clean. It was a hallelujah moment, when I was finished. I can't stand driving around with dirt and dust in the car. I like it spotless:) I felt worn out after cleaning the car, that's why I didn't do any wallpaper removing today.

I always love finishing a job like that, to sit back and see the good results is very satisfying! And of course you then have a nice shiny car to drive around in too. :D I think you did good today, I wouldn't worry about the wallpaper!

The outside of the car has to be washed still >_< But the car is too tall for me to reach the top half, so usually my guy washes the outside since he's tall.

Tomorrow I will get to the wallpaper removing:)

Okay now time for some funny stupid moments by me for your laughing entertainment. I was sitting in my computer chair and my guy tries to show me something. So I try to roll the chair a little, and it gets stuck. Chair goes down and I go with it >_< My bum lands on the back support part, and my thigh and leg hits the armrests. Now I've got the worst cramp in my bum, I guess that's what I get for being lazy :d'oh:.

Ohhh dear Cali! I am not unsympathetic as it's exactly the sort of thing that would happen to me! I hope you aren't dinged up too badly!

I always think wallpaper steaming must be good for the pores!

I'm very clumsy btw. So I tend to bump into things, ding my thighs and shins on things all the time. I hope it won't hurt so much tomorrow, since I really need to get some yoga in. It's been two days of no yoga.

I think the steaming is good for the pores too.

Thank you Plum :)

Last night and this morning I was very sore. It was painful to walk around. I have 3 wonderful big bruises>_<

Thanks to me falling in the computer chair and getting three big bruises, I didn't go walking or do yoga today. It was very painful to walk earlier. Now they aren't as sore, so hopefully tomorrow I can go for my walk and do yoga. I feel so lazy for not doing yoga for 3 days now:(

Food wise I think I need to shrink my dinner portions. Throughout the day I do good, but I think my dinner portions need to get smaller. Tonight we ate around 20:00 because my guy got back from work late.

Breakfast: 2 small breakfast burritos: 2 small multigrain tortillas, 2 slices bacon, scrambled eggs, lots of salsa, and hot sauce.

Snack: 1 piece dark chocolate

Lunch: 1 slice rye bread with seeds in it, topped with peanut butter and jam

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple

Dinner: Mexican shrimp cocktail with 2 small multigrain tortillas: Tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, onion, cilantro, tomato juice, shrimp water, lime juice and hot sauce.

Exercise: Does 15 minutes of painting and 1 hour 45 minutes of scraping off wallpaper count as a little bit of exercise???

Ah poor Cali! Glad you were feeling a bit better this afternoon and hopefully you'll be even better tomorrow! I always put arnica cream on nasty bruises, it might be all in my mind but it seems to make them hurt less.

Your food looks good and really tasty, loving the Mexican vibe! I'd definitely say that your decorating counts as exercise given that you are currently on the injured list. :)

We don't have arnica cream here, but we do have Zon, it's a clear gel you rub on spots that ache or hurts. I rubbed some on last night as it was very painful when I went to bed. I also took a pain reliever pill (tylenol), since it hurt just to move. Falling hurts way more than it used to.

Rain, rain, and more rain. It's been non-stop raining today, so I wasn't able to get my walk done. I did do some yoga, though I struggled on some of the poses, thanks to my bruised rear and legs. I'm still sore from the fall, and was only able to do 40 minutes :( On a good note I removed wallpaper for two hours, at least my arms aren't bruised or sore :)

Tonight, I watched my dinner portion size. I felt like I could have had less, but of course I could have had a lot more. I've made it a goal to watch the dinner portion sizes from now on. All day long my portion sizes are good, but dinner I tend to eat more than I should for losing weight. It's ok for maintaining but not good for losing weight.

I wanted Chinese food today, so I decided to make a low GL version. Chopped up lots of garlic and onion, lots of broccoli and some chicken breast meat cooked in soy sauce, black pepper, oyster sauce, and a little splash of sugar (Just for a hint of sweetness). Instead of rice or a low GL mixture, I decided to experiment and try something new. I took half red lentils and half quinoa, added some soy sauce to the water before boiling. This way the soy sauce gets cooked into the mixture for a hint of taste. I got the idea from Japanese flavored rices where you cook ingredients and seasoning when boiling the rice. It was a success my OH liked it a lot.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, raspberries, cinnamon, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, soy milk and agave syrup.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate

Lunch: slice of rye bread with seeds topped with peanut butter and jam

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds and a peeled apple

Dinner: Chicken and broccoli stir fry with red lentil and quinoa mix

Exercise: pushups, crunches, and 40 minutes of yoga.

Lovely food day, Cali. Chinese food sounds great, and how wonderful that your husband enjoyed it too. :)

I am also amazed at the amount of work you are getting done around the house. Go Cali!

This past week was an interesting week. I was counting calories on MFP (MyFitnessPal), and according to the site you're supposed to eat back the calories you burn. Sounds really easy, but I wasn't sure if it was accurately counting my calories burned, or if I was putting in all the calories in correctly. A lot of times I wasn't able to eat all the calories back. Eating low GL foods keep you full longer with less calories. I felt it was too confusing and a huge hassle with the whole counting calories thing. I have to admit it was very interesting to weigh everything and see how much calories it had.

I stopped counting calories over the weekend, since I actually gained weight trying to eat all the calories back. I didn't enjoy the weight gain. It's much easier without having to deal with counting calories. Just eat low GI and GL foods and it pretty much does the trick. A major no-no I have been doing recently is eating too much during dinner, and at times past 20:00. My portions during the entire day is great, but when it comes to dinner I started to eat more. I know by the end of the day I'd try to eat back my calories and so I'd eat a big dinner. Eating that much for dinner is prefectly fine if I want to maintain my weight, but it's not fine for losing weight.

The past couple of nights I've been watching my dinner portions, making sure I eat till about maybe 65%-70% full, instead of going for 75%-80% full. Amazingly I lost the weight that I gained during the week, and then some. Every body works differently. But I have to admit portion control has a lot to do with trying to lose weight even if you're not eating a lot and working out a lot.

Here's the 10th weekly weight update:

-1.2 lbs (-.54kg)

Total amount since started: -12.0 lbs (-5.45kg)

I'm still a little sore and still very much bruised, but I was able to do my whole walk and yoga. Which made me feel so much better and refreshed. Some of the poses in yoga was still a bit painful today. Yoga is something I've fallen in love with, and am absolutely addicted to now. I feel so much better and alive after doing yoga.

Today while out grocery shopping, my OH spotted something that he knows I absolutely love to eat. It was a new limited edition flavor called London Calling Salt and Vinegar Chips(Crisps). The other one they have here is too sweet and not vinegary enough. So we decided to try it. This one was good, not great, but much better than that sweet one they have here. I ended up having a couple handfuls, I could have easily had more. Though I thought to myself crisps are a no no. Darn you UK for creating Salt and vinegar crisps:p!

Today I was having a huge craving for steak, so tonight we grilled some steak meat. Instead of eating half the steak, I ate the whole thing >_< So I ended up really stuffed. At least I didn't cave into my cravings for a chocolate milkshake today:( :):confused:

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, soy milk and agave syrup.

Snack: 1 piece dark chocolate.

Lunch: Last night's leftover: Chicken and broccoli stir fry with red lentil and quinoa mix.

Snack: 1 piece of chocolate (before grocery shopping), cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple (after grocery shopping).

Dinner: Grilled short loin steak, corn on the cob, red lentil and quinoa mix, and a big salad.

Exercise: 28 minutes fast long walk, pushups, crunches, and 60 minutes of yoga.

Super work on your weight loss, Cali. That's fantastic news. :)

Salt and vinegar crisps - I'm glad you found some you liked. It's ok to eat it occasionally, isn't it? I am lucky that I don't like them but then again I always seem to eat whatever I am baking with my LO. He does enjoy baking though. :D

Anyway, I think on a weigh in day, especially if you have lost weight, you are allowed a little leeway, aren't you?

Ashie - Tuesdays and Wednesday are sort of like my food weekend, since it's after weigh in. If I'm going to eat naughty foods I prefer to eat them on those days :) I haven't had salt and vinegar crisps in ages. But I can't buy anymore because I like them a lot, and I shouldn't be having any if I want to lose weight.

MumofOne - Thank you:) The oats I use for my porridge is rolled oats and it's a Swedish company called Gyllenhammars Fiber Havregryn Gyllenhammars Fiberhavregryn 1000g - Lantmännen (for a picture). I like this one since it's oats with fiber in it, it uses oat fiber instead of wheat fiber.

The quinoa I buy requires only being rinsed off before cooking, and cooks in 15 minutes. The red lentils also require being rinsed before cooking for 15 minutes. But they're both dry and come in a box.

I've become very fond of red lentils and quinoa since they're really quick to prepare and cook :)

Back