Cali Sweden's Diary

Thank you Plum :) I'm just trying to stay warm, hopefully that'll help.

Rain, rain go away. I haven't been able to go on a walk yesterday and today :( Tonight my OH decided to make dinner from a recipe he saw in the grocery store ad. It was a aubergine and ham type cobbler pie thing. He used whole grain spelt flour to make the topping. It came out pretty good :)

Breakfast: Musli with dried peaches, raspberries and soy milk.

Snack: 1 piece dark chocolate.

Lunch: Last night's leftover Baked Alaskan Pollock with veggies and quinoa and broccoli.

Snack: 1/2 Allévo bar before grocery shopping. A little bit of cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds and a peeled apple.

Dinner: Aubergine and ham cobbler pie thing. 2 spoonful of ice cream.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches and 60 minutes of yoga.

Aw that is a shame about the rain. :( Hopefully you'll get enough of a dry day to go for a walk soon! The cobbler thing sounds yummy, I love eggplant!

Well done on your weight loss, Cali. That's brilliant. :)

So today's been a bit of a naughty food day. Tomorrow I will be more strict. I had some doritos type chips, and about 125g of ice cream today. I'm sure I'll be paying for it tomorrow.

At least I was able to get my walk in earlier, after that it's been raining the whole day. So I was really happy about beating the rain today :)

Breakfast: Musli with dried peaches, raspberries, sultanas, goji berries, and soy milk.

Snack: 2 pieces dark chocolate.

Lunch: Last night's leftover aubergine and ham cobbler thing.

Snack: Handful of doritos type chips. Peeled apple with peanut butter.

Dinner: Last night's leftover aubergine and ham cobbler thing.

Dessert: 125g of choco chip ice cream.

Exercise: 28 minutes walk, pushups, crunches, and 60 minutes of yoga.

Cali I am curious do you find the muesli makes you a bit hungrier through the day? I have found that with some varieties but not sure if it's just me!

Your naughty foods don't look that bad and you've plenty of time between now and next week to get back on the wagon. :D

I buy only one type of premade musli. I've spent at least one hour two times looking at the labels on the musli at the grocery store to see what their ingredients were and how much fiber they had. So this one has no added sugars, lots of fiber, and lots of bran and no corn or wheat.

I haven't noticed getting more hungry from this musli. But I do eat 1.5 dl of musli, while with the oats porridge I use a little less than 1 dl. So I am eating more musli when I do eat it. I haven't calculated the calories as I was starting to get just way too confused on the calorie thing from mfp. Now I just keep an eye on my dinner portions and that seems to be working the most for me :)

I'm getting really confused. What is dl? never heard of it before. Am I being thick?

Thanks for clarifying the dl business and, oh, the jugs business as it stopped me posting another "eh? what?" post.

I've gotten converted to the metric system while living out here >_<

Didn't get a chance to exercise today. It was raining all day, and ended up sanding down the rails leading to the stairs, in order to paint it. Sanding by hand sure makes my arms sore.

Food was pretty good today. My Oh made some Falukorv stroganoff (Falun sausage) for lunch, which was surprisingly yummy. I've never had it before and it's really different from the usual beef stroganoff, as it's made from swedish sausage. Also they tend to add tomatoes into the stroganoff here.

Dinner was homemade hummus with spinach and rucola salad with chicken. Homemade hummus is always so yummy. Though we forgot to buy cucumbers and yogurt to make tzatziki :( Oh well, will have to remember it for next time.

Breakfast: Musli with dried peaches, raspberries and soy milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Falukorv stroganoff with barley/oat/basmati rice mix.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple.

Dinner: Hummus, spinach/rucola/tomato salad with seasoned chicken and lots of lemon juice.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

It sounds like you had a good workout with the sanding. :)

I do like your food, Cali. Your breakfast/lunch/dinner are varied, interesting and sound yummy.

My OH helped picking today's menu. I think he's getting really good with low GI/GL :)

Finally got to go on a walk today, nice that we got a half a day break from the rain :) Food today was pretty good too, so overall it was a good day:)

Breakfast: Musli with dried peaches, raspberries, sultanas, goji berries and soy milk.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Last night's leftover hummus, spinach rucola salad with chicken and lots of lemon juice.

Dinner: Mixed veggies stir fry with pork and basmati rice/oat/barley mix.

Snack: 1 dl of soy milk

Exercise: 28 minutes long walk, pushups, crunches, and 60 minutes of yoga.

Yay on being able to take a walk. And yay at the good food. It's nice when a day comes together :)

Yippie, I got to go on a walk again today. We had a pretty warm day today, it felt like summer compared to the normal cold wet weather.

Lunch was pasta, and dinner was a slow cooked roast. It was our first time doing a roast :)

Breakfast: Musli with dried peaches, raspberries, sultanas, almond flakes and soy milk.

Lunch: Spelt pasta with tomato, onion, mushroom, bacon and ham sauce.

Dinner: Roast with carrots, parsnips, onions and a slice of rye bread.

Exercise: 27 minutes walk, pushups, crunches, 35 minutes of yoga.

Back