Cali Sweden's Diary

It is strange how GL changes our perspective of food. No other plan that I've followed has had that effect. I really feel in control and have opened my tastebuds to lots of new foods rather than feeling deprived of old ones.
You are a star once your mindset has changed. Well done you!

Mmmm Fajitas!

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, raw honey and soy milk.

Snack: 2 slices of melon, and some crisps.

Lunch: Last night's Chicken fajita leftover with 2 multigrain tortillas.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, peeled apple and a satsuma.

Dinner: Leftover Chicken fajita with 2 multigrain tortillas.

My OH has been asking me for a long while now if I could change my weigh in day to the weekend, so that we can enjoy weekend foods together. Since Tuesdays were my weigh in days, Tuesday nights and Wednesday nights were like my weekends for food.

Last night he mentioned that it'd be nice if we could enjoy weekends together. So I finally gave in and decided to change my weigh in days to Friday or Saturday. I think it's better to change the weigh in day, since I have at least another 4-5 months left of dieting at the rate I'm losing.

I am leaning towards having Friday as my new weigh in day. So on Tuesday I will be skiping over it, and next Friday will be my weigh in :) Can't have a weigh in today as it's only been 3 days since I weighed in.

I did a lot of snacking on the grapes today. I know it's still a fruit, but I probably ate 250g of green grapes>_<. I also ate dinner later than I wanted to tonight. We had a late lunch so we weren't hungry until later:(

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, raw honey and soy milk.

Snack: 1/2 of Allévo bar.

Lunch: Schnitzel salad.

Snack: Half a kaki (Japanese persimmon) and grapes.

Dinner: BBQ spicy ribs, quinoa, and spinach tomato cucumber salad.

Careful on the grapes, hon! They are higher in sugars!! I love them too and can't stop once I start on them!

Had a medium to high GL food day. Today we went to my brother-inlaws birthday at my inlaws. I didn't think we'd be eating dinner so early, so I ate lunch at 14:00 at home. We ended up eating dinner around 16:45, so I wasn't hungry. They had Kräftskiva (Swedish crayfish party). I ate about 4 crayfishes, and had a slice of Västerbottenpaj (West Bothnia pie). For fika (Swedish coffee time) we had some kladdkaka (Swedish brownie type cake) with Polly candy in it with whipped cream and raspberries.

I got hungry around 20:30 since I didn't really eat dinner and it was really early. So I ate the leftover piece of quesadilla, and half a Japanese persimmons.

One of my sister-inlaws really made my day today. She said to me that my pants are loose now, and that I looked great. She also said that she notices it alot in my face and neck too. It really made my day that she noticed it and said something to me about it:) Especially coming from a Swede it means a lot, since they don't easily throw compliments around. She's also going to start doing yoga :)

Breakfast: Oat porridge with blackberries, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, raw honey and soy milk.

Lunch: Quesadilla made from multigrain tortillas, cheese, tomato, spinach and ham.

Dinner: Swedish style crayfish, and Västerbottenpaj.

Snack: A slice of kladdkaka.

Snack: Leftover piece of quesadilla, and half a kaki (Japanese persimmon).

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

OH made lunch today, it was sausages cooked in ajvar, chickpeas, onion and garlic wrapped in multigrain tortilla. It was actually pretty good. He's gotten really good with helping thinking of new ideas to eat low GL. He's also lost about 10 lbs now, without even trying. He was normal skinny before, but now he's going back to his super skinny weight when we first got together.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with black berries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, cinnamon, raw honey and soy milk.

Snack: A few crisps.

Lunch: 2 small wraps, multigrain tortillas, sausage, chickpeas, onion, garlic, lots of ajvar.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate, and one clementine.

Dinner: 2 small wraps, multigrain tortillas, sausage, chickpeas, onion, garlic, lots of ajvar.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Well done on getting such nice compliments!! It is such a confidence boost. OH is such a fab support to you. A totally healthy house, good for you!

This afternoon I was hungry. I don't know why, but maybe it was from going on a walk or from having medium to high GL foods lately. I haven't gone for a walk in a week, because of the weather.

I've tried to stay really good today. I ate dinner and I didn't feel full from dinner. I feel like I can still eat way more. But I'm not going to. I know I ate enough and I should be full.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, raw honey and soy milk.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds and a peeled apple. Also a dl of soy milk.

Dinner: BBQ ribs, quinoa, and spinach tomato cucumber salad.

Exercise: 27 minutes long walk, pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Today looked like a great day for you, Cali. Great that you got to walk as well. Good luck for the rest of the week.

Had a busy day, painting, cleaning and scrubbing. I didn't get a chance to squeeze in my yoga.

I made mashed swede today. I've never had swede (rutabaga) before. When I was peeling the swede, the smell reminded me of cabbage or cauliflower. The mash tasted similiar to mashed cauliflouwer :)

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, raw honey and soy milk.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seed and a peeled apple.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate and soy milk.

Dinner: Pasta and ham casserole (Aubergine, onion, garlic, and leek), and mashed swede(rutabaga).

Snack: A handful of chocolate covered wheatpuffs.

That pasta and ham casserole sounds interesting, Cali. :) esp with the aubergine in it. Love aubergine. Do you find it hard to eat salad and fruit in the winter? I do. I need something warm in the winter, I totally go off salad. Thank goodness for soups. :)

Mashed swede is very popular here in Ireland. It's a favourite with any ham dish.

Oh I forgot to write that the pasta is spelt flour and durum wheat pasta.

I love aubergines, in all kinds of ways. It's one of my all time favorite veggies. I still eat salads but not as often as during summer. I think the cold weather makes me crave warmer foods to warm up the body. Lately I've been buying meats and veggies that are on sale. So the veggies that are on sale are usually the ones that are in season. It's nice because it's a lot of really traditional Swedish vegetables, and learning how to cook with them.

Food wasn't too exciting today as it was leftovers. But it still tastes yummy:)

Lunch: Last night's leftover Pasta and ham casserole with mashed swede.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds and a peeled apple.

Dinner: Last night's leftover Pasta and ham casserole with mashed swede.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 53 minutes of yoga.

Yippie no rain today! Though we did have our usual gray sky. It was chilly today at 7°C with a breeze, and boy talk about a difference from 10°C. My ears felt like they were going to freeze off, and started to hurt midway through the walk. I ended up having a headache for 40 minutes after my walk because my ears were so cold. Needless to say I didn't get to do my yoga until later on since I had a headache. I think I'm going to need to invest in some earmuffs or something.

My OH made a request for dinner tonight, so I gladly made it for him. It's my great grandmother's recipe and it's always a hit. I love making it as it reminds me of her, and it's really yummy :)

Tomorrow will be my first time on my new weigh in date. Let's see how that goes in the morning :)

Lunch: Pasta and ham casserole, and a clementine.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple.

Snack: 1 dl of soy milk.

Dinner: Ketchup soysauce and garlic pork, chinese style spicy eggplant, and bastmati rice/oat/barley mix.

Exercise: 27 minutes long walk, pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Good luck for new weigh in day. Dinner looked scrummy!!!

Back