Cali Sweden's Diary

Cali, your food always sounds do exotic and truly delicious. I'm glad you feel back on track after the weekend.

Today was a pretty good day. I was planning to make Hungarian goulash for dinner, but I had a surprise visit from a friend of mine whom I haven't seen for a while. Also she is leaving again this weekend so it was really nice of her to stop by. I didn't start cooking dinner at the time I wanted to because I knew she'd leave if I started cooking. So it was frozen burgers tonight for dinner. Luckly I had the nice healthy bread for it.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate, and a persimmon.

Lunch: Shoga yaki (Japanese ginger pork), aurbergine and onion miso soup, barley/oat/basmati rice/ medium grain rice mix.

Snack: Almond jelly, and a clementine.

Dinner: Hambuger with wholegrain bread and lots of green lettuce and tomatoes.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Cali, you are doing great. Food and exercise are all good. You're a great beacon to us all at the moment! Keep it up hon.

So I have to say that I'm really happy today. I didn't expect a loss at all this week. Why??? The past weekend I was naughty and ate alot of high GL foods, and didn't even keep track of it. Though I have been working out and being good with my food the rest of the week and it seemed to pay off a bit :)

Low GL is so forgiving and so kind. I haven't been losing as much as I want to, but I know I haven't been following low GL too well recently. Naughty holiday foods, and of course the get together with friends and family doesn't help either. Oh well, I just really look forward to the holiday season being over. Not that I don't like the holidays, the foods are so wonderful. Though they aren't wonderful when you're trying to lose weight. I can understand why so many people begin their diet after New Year's day, and not diet during the holidays. I'll be happy if I can lose some more weight during the holidays or not gain any weight.

Right now I'm at really strange size, I'm not big enough for my fat clothes and not thin enough for my normal to skinny close. I'm sorta in between clothes sizes atm. I also feel that I'm not fat but I'm not normal size yet. Some days I feel I'm huge and some days I feel normal size. I am glad to say that when I see myself in the mirror now I recognize myself :)

I'm thinking of posting pictures of my progress so far... maybe a before fat picture, a fat picture and a now picture.

Here's the 22nd weekly weight update:

-0.8 lbs (-.36kg)

Total amount since started: -21 lbs (-9.55kg)

Great work, Cali on your weight loss. That's very good news.

being in-between sizes is weird isn't it? Like you, I feel big some days and slim other days - I think it entirely depends on how we are feeling in ourselves and maybe the food that we have eaten recently. The fact that you can recognise yourself again is something to cheer about.

It would be cool to see your photos and an inspiration to us all in terms of how well you have done, Cali. :)

Woooohooooo to another good week and a good loss!! Go Cali!!

Having a food weekend, but a much better one. Having some low GLs with some naughties.

Yesterday's food was Schnitzel salad for brunch, and hot dogs with multigrain fiber buns. Lots of snacks here and there some low GL and some weren't.

Today was ok meal wise, but had a bunch of none low GL snacks. Though it's my food weekend so I'm ok with it :)

Brunch: Hungarian Goulash with half a slice of rye bread.

Dinner: Hungarian Goulash with half a slice of rye bread.

Enjoy your weekend!

It snowed over night and it felt really winter like today. Cold air and slippery walkways. It's time to start walking like a penguin.

I was at my OH's nephew's bday party, and got two compliments from both his sisters. Do have to admit it felt really nice that they noticed it. It's almost hard for me to imagine that I was much heavier 5 months ago. Hopefully in another 5 months I'll reach goal weight :)

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and soy milk.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: A peeled apple with cottage cheese and pumpkin seeds.

Snack: 1 piece of shortbread.

Dinner: Pork with zucchini and mushrooms, and quinoa.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Boo to the bad weather. Woohoo to the lovely compliments. It's such a great feeling when your efforts are noticed! Well done.

It's lovely that you received compliments, especially as you have said, that the Swedes are so reserved about things like that. You've done really well, Cali, you should be proud. I really like your dedication and determination. You will get there!

Today goes in the book for 80/20 kind of day. I made some dorayaki with my cousin inlaw today, and had a small one. Dorayaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We had about 2 inches of snow overnight. I had to do my penguin walking to not slip in fall. I don't know how the Swedes walk around on the snow and ice as if no big deal. I should buy spikes for my shoes :).

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and soy milk.

Snack: Dorayaki (Japanese sweet pancake redbeans)

Lunch: 2 slices of rye bread with a little bit of last night's leftover pork and zucchini.

Snack: 1 clementine and 1 piece of shortbread.

Dinner: Eggplant, ham and bacon tomato sauce with spelt pasta.

Exercise: Pushups and crunches.

Those dorayaki look delish, Cali. Yum yum. I really like the idea of red bean paste. Is it very sweet?

Food looks yum.

It wasn't that sweet. Luckly Japanese sweets aren't too sweet, it's just right sweet in my book.

The dorayaki I made this time was from a package, so it was a little cheating one. My mom sent it to me, so I decided to make it with my cousin inlaw. Next time we're going to make it from scratch, I think it tastes much better :).

Mm Cali as always your food is looking pretty darned good! I got a giggle out of your penguin walking escapades. I'm a little jealous that you have snow but to be honest I'm happy to wait on having any here for a bit longer!! :)

I love snow, just don't care for the slippery roads and walkways. I don't know how the Swedes still go on their walks, jogs, or bicycling with snow and ice on the roads. I struggle to walk to the car or the postbox. Well it's more like me doing the penguin march here's what a video of me walking on ice would look like Skating Penguins Enjoy London Ice Rink -- NTDTV.com

Well the otherday I did see a Swedish lady walking in high heeled boots struggling very hard to walk in the parking lot. It was my first time seeing a Swede struggling to walk on ice, it made me feel like "thank goodness it's not just me that find walking on ice impossible."

Cali that pancake looked lovely. It must be A task to cope with all that ice and over a long period. Will you have icy roads and paths from now until the Spring? Have you tried those yaktrax grips for your shoes. We had icy weather last winter and these were very good for giving you a bit of grip.

Not sure how it'll be this year with the snow and ice. We usually get ice throughout winter, sometimes in patches. But the past two winters we had ice and snow for about 4-5months at a time.

Back