Cali Sweden's Diary

Can I just say well done on the exercise front do you exercise everyday??
Food looks yummy and that brunch is making my mouth water

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you ladies:).

Skerry - Yoga was something I always wanted to try too, but always felt too embarrased to go be a newbie, or felt too fat (even when I was skinny) to run around in yoga pants:copon:. Yoga helps make people gradually flexible:party0011:. When I first started doing yoga I couldn't get my heels to the ground in downward facing dog. I do yoga at home, because I find it difficult to drive to the gym, and until recently the nearst yoga studio was over 30km away.

Laurenista - Thank you, though compared to you I feel like such a slacker in the exercise department :);). I used to exercise about 5-7 days a week, but that was when the weather was warmer. Now that it's cold, I try to do about 4-5 days a week.

This past weekend was a half off weekend. Most of the foods I ate were good, and there were a couple which we shall not speak of. OH and I weren't feeling too well Saturday night, and some of yesterday. He's still getting over his cold, and I'm trying not to catch it. On Saturday we were out picking up wood borders for the walls, and door frames (all this was outside part of the home improvement store). We had to saw the wood into pieces that fit in the car, needless to say we were out in the cold for way too long. I felt really cold and not well after that. So a lot of laying on the couch wrapped up in my blanket.

Thankfully, I felt better today and was able to get my yoga on :)! I love the way I feel after I do yoga. I feel lighter and more energetic:)

Brunch: Leftover of "the thing we shall not speak of"

Snack: Two clementines, 2 choco digestives. (Spread throughout the afternoon).

Dinner: Grilled cheese, ham, tomatoes, bell peppers, and mushroom sandwich, made of rye slices.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Glad to hear you're feeling better

Food was pretty good today, expect for breakfast was naughty. Though I am proud of myself for only eating half of one instead of a whole one. Sort of go me!?! >_<

Breakfast: Half of a semla, and ½dl of milk.

Lunch: Grilled cheese, ham, tomatoes, bell peppers, and mushroom sandwich, made of rye slices.

Dinner: Chinjao rosu (Chinese pepper steak) with buckwheat/oat/barley/rice mix.

Tonight we had leftovers, yippie! I love eating leftovers, as it means I didn't have to cook tonight:) Also the food is really yummy, so it's nice to enjoy it again.

I have two non-scale victories today that I'm quite proud of myself for. First was I did 40 guy pushups today. I decided to try doing at least five more, and then I felt I was able to do more than that and ended up doing 10 more pushups than usual. Then I decided to try to do more crunches today, and did 15 more.:character00116::party0011:

Breakfast: Oat porridge with apples, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Lunch: Two rye bread slices with smoked reindeer soft cheese (rökt renost) and tomatoes.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Chinjao rosu (Chinese pepper steak) with buckwheat/oat/barley/rice mix.

Felt a bit lazy today so I only did 20 minutes of yoga instead of 30 minutes. Food was pretty good and yummy. Tomorrow's weigh in day, so it's always a bit of surprise how the scale will move.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with apples, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Lunch: Two rye bread slices with smoked reindeer soft cheese (rökt renost) and a clementine.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Oven roasted herb chicken with buckwheat/oat/barley/rice mix.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 20 minutes of yoga.

Another week has gone by, and that means another weigh in. I was actually really surprised about the results of the scale this morning. I had to double check it just to be sure, since I had some really naughty days during this week.

I didn't expect any weightloss at all this week, I was thinking I would be lucky to just get away with a "Stay the Same". I still have 2 lbs left until I reach the pre-Xmas weight. Hopefully in another two weeks all that Xmas weight will be gone, and I can work on getting new weightloss numbers:) Summer is only 20 weeks away, and I want to fit into my bikini!

Here's the 29th weekly weight update:

-0.8 lbs (-.36kg)

Total amount since started: -19.0 lbs (-8.63kg)

Well done on the weight loss Cali!!!
Just think 20 more 0.8lbs is 1 stone 2lbs!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Brunch: Oat porridge with apples, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate, two handful of peanut rings.

Dinner: Pasta cassrole, spelt pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Also a tomato, cucumber, corn, and feta cheese salad.

Response to Plum's diary:

I'm so guilty of dumping food on other people, actually my inlaws during toward the end of the holidays. On Xmas I left a thing of store bought cookies on their counter when noone was looking. Though a week later when I saw them, they thanked me for them saying they were yummy (busted). I also dumped my homemade chocolate chip cookie bars on them, as I knew if they stayed around me they would end up in my belly. I know it's naughty of me to share the guilt, but I don't feel bad for dumping the calorie bombs on them, as my inlaws are blessed with being skinny and tall:)

Not much of an exciting food day. I didn't get to squeeze in my exercise today:( Will have to get better in making time for it.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Pasta cassrole, spelt pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and garlic.

Snack: Sweetie.

Dinner: Cooked ham, capri salad, and spelt pasta.

OMG!!! I so hate when I lose what I was typing. This is the 2nd time now. Argghhh! Breathe, wooo saaaaa, wax on, wax off>_<. I was almost done writing and I miss hit a button and it goes to a different screen. Booo. Sorry about that, just get's a little annoying:(

Let's try this again.

Food was really yummy today, I love my stirfries :) I did have some naughties, as it was a mini Semla. But at least it was homemade almond paste, so I felt it was a plus, and it was mini.

I get to celebrate a non-scale victory today. I was able to do the full boat pose in yoga. A while ago I tried to do a modified boat pose, and it was impossible. Lately I've been feeling stronger in my core and arms, so I felt that maybe today it would be nice to try it. I was able to do several of them, and hold them for a bit :).

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Pasta cassrole, spelt pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and garlic.

Snack: Mini Semla.

Dinner: Chinese style spicy chicken and green beans stir fry, with oat/barley/buckwheat/rice mix.

I just looked up semla. Yum!

Now breathe, grasshopper, and enjoy your yoga victory. What is a little computer trouble in the face of that? Go Cali! :D

Yes, semla are evil, those things are made for fatting up. So the mini one, and homemade is only small naughty. Though they are so wonderful, and only in season now.

Yoga victory > bad button and computer. I was just a little annoyed for a minute since I had to type everything 3x >_<

Hi Cali
I think your menu sounds good and you enjoyed what you had . I will have to google boat postion .
Do you make your own rice seed mix or is available to buy.

Hi Icepop, I make my own rice grains mix. I usually mix up oats that aren't rolled, barely, buckwheat, sesame seeds, with my rice. It's usually 3/4 grains, and then 1/4 rice ratio. It becomes really similar to sticky rice, but with a nutty taste and chewier texture.

Cooking time is usually about 15 minutes on the covered on the stove.

Didn't get to do my exercise today, as my knee is hurting and I'm feeling a little under the weather. I went grocery shopping today, and it's really cold out, it's done a number on my knee.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with apple, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Lunch: Chinese style spicy chicken and green beans stir fry, with oat/barley/buckwheat/rice mix.

Snack: Handful of peanut rings.

Dinner: Chinese style spicy chicken and green beans stir fry, with oat/barley/buckwheat/rice mix.

Your menus always look tasty. I may try your rice/grains mix next time I have rice. I hope that you're feeling better soon. January is always a cold, miserable month; I am longing for Spring now (bought some daffodils at the supermarket today to try and usher it in).

Back