Calling all ex CD'ers

MooCow

Hi everyone

I'm just about to start WW, I've been on CD for the past 3 months or so and could really do with some food and nights out with my mates!

I know there are quite a few ex-CD'ers here and I was hoping that there might be someone who could give me advice or tell me their story about what happened when they gave up CD.

I'm looking forward to starting WW, but am terrified of putting weight on again, so any help would be really great!

Thanks very much

Dan x:D

A lot of people have made the transition from CD to WW. I think almost everyone still continued to lose right from the start, if anyone did gain it was a minimal amount and only on week one :)

Thanks for that Starlight!

I'm all excited about starting this new challenge and can't wait to start counting my points!

Hi there, I have started WWs today straight from SS. I have gained 3lbs of water since coming out of ketosis, but its onwards and downwards now! Best of luck with your journey

Hi there, I have started WWs today straight from SS. I have gained 3lbs of water since coming out of ketosis, but its onwards and downwards now! Best of luck with your journey

Thanks very much - hopefully we'll be able to help each other! Best of luck to you as well!

I'm still a little scared of stopping my shakes and starting on real food - but in a strange way looking forward to eating proper food again!

I was petrified, as for the past 8 weeks all food was evil! Don't be scared!
Honestly I have loved today, and slowly savoured every bite! I feel liberated!!
I went out to a cafe with my mum and children, and could actually have a coffee with milk and a biscuit without the guilt :)
Plus 18 points seems like a huge amount of food after 3 shakes a day!

Well I've worked out that I have something like 28 Points - so I'll be stuffed before I even reach the end of breakfast!

I'm supposed to be meeting my CDC tomorrow, but I'm going to tell her I'm moving to WW. I hope she understands - I still feel a bit guilty about leaving it - but it's not something I think I can keep up - it's a complete nightmare!

I have to break it to my CDC tomorrow too! I'm really dreading it, and feel I've let her down, but at the end of the day it's our weight loss we are dealing with, and we have to do what's best for us.
28 points lucky you!

I think the first week though you can do an 18 points kickstart, which might be easier to cope with going straight from CD?
Good luck for tomorrow too :)

And good luck to you as well! I'm not sure how best to go about it, I think I'll just go for my weigh in as planned and tell her then, although I don't think she'll be very happy - but she'll have to get over it! Heheheheh!

I think the 18 points thing is a great idea, I was a bit worried about just jumping in at the deep end and stuffing my face, but I know I'm going to be really careful - I haven't gone through the hell of the past 3 months just to pile it all back on again!

And good luck to you as well! I'm not sure how best to go about it, I think I'll just go for my weigh in as planned and tell her then, although I don't think she'll be very happy - but she'll have to get over it! Heheheheh!

I think the 18 points thing is a great idea, I was a bit worried about just jumping in at the deep end and stuffing my face, but I know I'm going to be really careful - I haven't gone through the hell of the past 3 months just to pile it all back on again!

Kick start is quite hard going if its a lot under your usual points.

Its 18 points for women under 14 stone (20 points for men) and 21 points for women over 14 stone (23 for men)

I'm taking the easy option and phoning her to tell her! ;)
I think if I turned up for my weigh in tomorrow night and had to tell her face to face I'd burst into tears, she's so lovely.....:cry:

i have to tell mine too as started ww this week ,im debating on telling her by text! x

Phew, My CDCs phone was on answerphone, so left a very garbled message saying I have stopped CD!
Weighed this morning,day 2 of WWs, and 1/2lb down from the 3lbs glycogen gain, woohoo!

Hello hun,
I wish you all the ebst with ww,i done cd and lost a bit but i found it hard and caused many problems with me and my partner then got to goal in april with ww best diet for me i love it,i hope your doing well .

Hiya

I did CD for 3 months and lost 3 stone. I started WW last week but I went for weigh in today and I stayed the same. I am ok about it as guess its my body adjusting.

Good Luck

XX

well done moonbeam, i havent even attempted to get on scales yet, weigh in on sunday, im dreading it!! i did text my cdc though and she text me back sayiong good luck x

well done gemma and mum of one too x

Back