Calling all gym attendees!

nettie

Gold Member
Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help/advise me?
I have recently joined the gym and the instructor there advised us to use the rowing machine, 1 minute warm up then 15 minutes of 20seconds sprints and 40 seconds normal speed (cant remember what he called it... interval something or other?!) anyway... I feel a bit of a fool asking the instructor but both me and my friend get a pain in our back and we are wondering if its a pain we should get or whether we are doing something wrong?
The pain is at the bottom of our back, either side of our spine.... now are we just using a muscle that we should be using or are we positioning ourselves wrong??
Thanks in advance lovely people x

I know you should be sat upright with your back straight, rowing is all about the legs and arms, mainly legs. X

Maybe I hunch over a bit then?! As soon as I stop rowing the pain stops... I say pain but it's more of a strong ache. Thanks for the reply, will go e it another go tomorrow x

Definitely ask and don't feel silly...their job is to make sure you use the machines correctly and without injuring yourself! My friend works in a gym and said so many people don't sit correctly and hurt their back on the rower so would be worth while double checking :) xx

Thanks guys, I'll ask them tonight. Last thing I want is to get injured x

Back