Calling all Jacket Potato experts!!!

Sounds great!- I do SW on the website so really miss these kind of classes- it must be so nice to share ideas like that and get to try other peoples recipes.
Quorn chilli sounds great! xxxx

I do big batches of quorn chilli and use that on JPs quite often too.

What other ideas did you get?

I am guilty of falling into the oh-so-easy beans and cheese trap if I am grabbing something on a work day, but am more adventurous at home. With my potoatoes...!

Curry is good on a spud...the SW tikka recipe would make nice topping, with chicken or quorn.

I forgot all about it until Indigo.seahorse rang me about 1/2 an hour before, lol! I ended up with tuna, sweetcorn and balsamic vinegar. There was a salad, some cottage cheese, the cous cous and quorn chilli.

I have my jacket potatoes with laughing cow cheese extra (he a) and smoked salmon (free) if doing extra easy day.

A tin of dahl curry from asda goes down nicely on the top of jackets, as does chopped apple, spring onions, cellery, and cherry tomatoes mixed with 0% Greek yogurt.

EE Jacket Potato Toppings

I find Jacket Potato is great for lunch but it can get pretty boring having the same toppings all the time. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas...?

My favourate topping is:
1x Mango - cubed
1x red onion - chopped
4-5 tomatoes - chopped
1x red chilli - chopped
Mix it all together and job done! :D

My fave is coronation chicken - chopped cooked chicken with onion, pepper, coriander, FF fromage frais and a tbsp of mango chutney for 2 syns.

^ That sounds delicious!

I have lots of leftover chilli, bolognese and curry on my jackets.

If I feel like using some syns or a healthy extra B on a green day I have hummus

Otherwise the classic baked beans and cheeze is always good :D

I'm going to try that ASDA chickpea dahl on a jacket potato tomorrow! Other than that, cottage cheese, tuna and fromage frais/mayo, anything left over from the night before. Creamy mushroom sauce and chicken is nice!

Mmm.

Emily

tuna, sardines, beanssss :D creme fraich dollop...

My favourite is...

Chick peas (from a tin) mixed with tinned tomatoes, herbs, some baked beans and bacon bits. I usually make a big batch and freeze it in portions for days when I don't know what to have. Syn free on an EE day :)

I often add paprika to it too for a little bit of a kick.

I sometimes put sliced quorn sausages in the mix too instead of bacon) so i can have it on a green day and grate cheese for the top. On an EE day, I like to keep my HEa for milk in tea and coffee. At least on Green, I get the extra option.

Back