Calling all those 'Healthy eating' or 'Changing lifestyle'

well done on being 2 dress sizes smaller, u must be thrilled.
ur diet seems to be working so thats good, think im gona just be eating healthily but slightly watching the cals.
dont think im gonna be on refeed for the whole 2 wks as the shakes taste awful now im eating.

today ive had/having

breakfast - bloody lipotrim shake.
lunch - sandwich, 2 small slices of wholegrain bread with ham, cucumber and onion
dinner - fish, new potatoes and mixed vege
snack - apple

cant believe i can finally eat fruit, its one of the things ive missed the most.

just come back from the gym, was there just under 2 hrs. did 20 mins on bike, 20 mins on rower, lots of resistance and bout 10mins free weights.

x x

Hi,

Todays menu (been a bit naughty) :rolleyes:

B - Honey hoops with skimmed milk
L - Grilled chicken in a bap and chips - also shared choc cake :drool:with my daughter and for the 2nd week in a row :sign0007: as hubby took us out for lunch again!!
D - i'm going out tonight supposed to be for a pizza and a few drinks with my mate - i'm not hungry though so I may just have a starter so as not to let her down

Played badminton this monring which was surprisingly energetic and I really enjoyed it :party0011:Will have to keep the exercise up at a high level again next week before weigh in (esp after that choc cake!!) :p

See you tomorrow.....
:party0036:

Todays menu...:)

B - 2 slices wholemeal toast with marmite
L - half a tuna and cue sandwich
D - Vegetable dish from the chinese :D

Snacks - French fries, nature valley oaty bar

Drinks, flavoured water, water, highlights hot choc

It's my daughters birthday party today so no exercise....but will be looking forward to going gyn tomorrow! :character00116:

Have a nice day ;)

Also....bought a new pair of pyjamas yesterday and a casual top both size 16's so i've come down by approx 2 dress sizes :happy036:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Well done! Getting into smaller sizes is what brings home the reality of the numbers changing on the scale, really.

I decided to get weighed this morning, a week on from my last weight check - I'm now 11st 11lbs, so I've lost another 2.75lbs in the week. I'm so surprised, but obviously the healthy-eating-on-my-own thing is working well for me. Strangely I'm finding it all a lot easier and more natural since I stopped writing everything down and 'counting sins' and so on, it feels good to have the control over what I eat resting with myself, rather than with an external authority figure (ie 'the diet').

Good luck for your weigh-in Lisa, I'm sure you'll be delighted with the results! :)

Hi everyone, I've been reading your thread and I'm glad there are others that arent following specific diet plans. I've found it hard to know where I fit in on minimins.
I'm doing my best to eat better and regularly exercise to cut down the last few lbs I would like to get off.
Hope its ok if I continue to read.

Well done on the weight loss Elizabeth!! :clap: keep up the good work, and glad your finding the approach works for you too!!

Ho Sweetheart, of course your welcome to read our posts...feel free to join in anytime with any tips etc... :)

Yesterday I felt yuk after having my swine flu jab on saturday, I was in bed most of the day....my menu was

B - Oats so simple with sultanas & apricots
L - ham and pickle sandwich, french fries, a few celebration chocs
D - fish finger sandwich

Drinks - Water

No exercise!! :sigh:

Today I feel much better though :D

B - Oats so simple with sultanas
L - tuna salad sandwich, half pk french fries
D - fish in butter sauce, mash and peas

snacks - weetabix oaty bar, banana

Drinks - water, flavoured water, highlights hot choc

Went for a 5k run this morning, found it hard probably as i'm not yet 100% after yesterday but still, walked some and did it in 46 min 49 sec's...used my new sauna suit and was amazed at how much I had sweat after I took it off it was litterally like i'd been in the shower with my clothes on!! Also walking the school run today :D

Have a nice day :flirt2:

I don't know how you do all that exercise Lisa, never mind when you've just been ill! I absolutely loathe the whole idea of regimented exercise. I've never done any since I started losing weight - the only activity I get is in the normal course of daily life, walking to and from work sometimes, then up and down stairs and lifting boxes during my shift. As the weight has been coming off I've noticed that I seem to have quite good muscle tone under the remaining flab, so I'm guessing my job and the walking I do must provide me with the exercise I need.

Maybe as I get closer to the right weight for my height I'll find I need to do some additional exercise. What's the best thing for getting rid of fat, as opposed to toning up? :confused:

I know absolutely nothing about exercise. :D

Hi lisa - you are doing great, I was just wondering how did you find the hypnotherapist - were they recommended to you or did you just look one up in your area.

Hi Elizabeth,

Cardio vascular type exercises burn fat, something that raises your heart rate, and ideally that you can maintain for a particular amount of time for eg 10-15 mins to start off with...

Power walking (walking fast basically!) :p
Jogging/running
Exercise bike/bike riding
Rowing machines
Cross trainer
Aerobics classes (step aerobics/fat burn/davina mccall's boxercise dvd is fab!)
And swimming is an all rounder....

Just to add I used to hate exercise as well but for some reason this time around I have really got in to it and absolutely love it! Strange.....:p

Hi annie,

I found the hypnotist great, and I just looked her up on yell.com to be honest, but there were also some reviews about her - so I went for it. I paid £50 for the 1st session and £40 per hour after that. And like i've mentioned I only needed 2 sessions which taught me the tips, and it all kicked in from there. I honestly can't say whether it was seeing her that has made it all click this time, or whether I had already decided I would succeed beforehand but i'd encourage anyone to give it a go because it may just work for you!! :D

Good luck,

Thanks Lisa, well I'm pretty sure I could do power-walking! And swimming is something I'm so looking forward to doing again when I'm a normal size .... I used to love it when I was young, but I stopped going when I began to put on weight in my 20s.

Well it looks like i'm bigger than you are and I go swimming...I did 60 lengths in 60 mins last week and i'm going again weds - there are lots of big people who swim, the way I look at it is at least we are doing something about our weight, and I couldn't care less who looks down at me!!

Good luck whatever you do, i'll look forward to hearing about it :D

I cant swim, wish I could but I just cant seem to "get it". Have thought about taking adult lessons once my youngest gets into school.

Weighed myself today and I'm gutted I put on. I know I've been a little naughty over the weekend but I wasnt expecting that amount. I'm not one to blame it on TOTM which is due end of week either.
So I've had a good talking to by myself and will now be writing my food/exercise on this thread, if thats ok.
My OH has brought me an absolutely stunning blue slinky dress and I want to look amazing in it, first goal is to work hard and have a loss for monday 14th december, perhaps 4lb would be a good goal.
So when I'm here moaning please remind me of my beautiful dress and how nice I'll look with a few lbs off.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi Sweetheart, don't get disheartened about gaining...I find it does help me to plan my daily menu's and post them here - so hope it helps you too. I only weigh once a month, because of this kind of thing, i'd also get very disheartened and most of the time give up!! I also because I used to get a bit obsessive about weighing. I find it works better for me as some weeks for whatever reason, maybe you have had a few too many treats or you are due your period etc you can find you've put on. Where as I think by weighing monthly it's a much fairer over all assessment, and fingers crossed, I haven't gained yet...yes my loss is slower than many but as long as it's going down and I can maintain this lifestyle forever thats fine with me!! :D

Go for it with the swimming lessons, my mother in law is just looking in to taking them too, it can only benefit you! :)

Well today my little one was diagnosed with swine flu so we've been snuggled up most of the day, i've had no exercise, and eaten all the wrong things!!

B - Oats so simple with sultanas
L - 1 southern fried chicken portion in a sandwich, with a few potato and carrot bake things and a squidge of mayonaise!
D - Half a pk of supernoodles

Snacks - Double decker, :eek: banana, nature valley oaty bar

Drinks - ribena, flavoured water, highlights hot choc

Tomorrows another day.... :p

Hiya everyone

Think I will join in with this thread as I didn't really know where to post!!

I am also on the WEMITT thread!

I saw a hypnotist on Monday evening and am listening to a CD daily for the next 4 weeks until i see her again. I was hypnotised into feeling like I have had a gastric band fitted (weird I know don't laugh)! It's called a gastric mind band.

Only on my 2nd day now but so far so good. I have walked to work and back yesterday and up again today walking in the rain (about 4 mile each way) so this in itself is a bonus.

Food wise yesterday i had

Brekkie - special k and skimmed milk - only eat half of my normal portion

Lunch - half a cup a soup - 3 pagan crisp rolls - cheese triangle and cucumber

snack - a few grapes

tea - small portion of homemade shepherds pie - (really small)

snack - 2 digestives

Now to some people this might look like a normal day but beleive me it's a drastic difference to my normal intake, I've been really crap lately having crisps chocolate cakes sandwiches every day at work so hoping this continues.

I will keep you all infoemd and looking forward to getting to know you all x x x

Hi Lisa,

Glad you've done this post coz it seems the nearest to what I'm doing. It's an old 'slimming magazine club' diet that I lost 4 and a half stones on about 12 years ago.

It's the only diet I have ever managed to stick to because it is the nearest thing to what I would normally eat. It was easier when I got to target too as I ate the same but was allowed slightly more. The best thing about it was the extra calories which I almost always used for chocolate or alcohol - the 2 main things I would binge on if I abstain too long.

I kept the weight off for years but 'guessing weights' and comfort eating (my OH is away doing voluntary work) mean I've put back on again. A normalish day for me would be

Brekfast; 1oz cerial with skimmed milk
Lunch; Sandwich, 2 slices bread, 2oz boiled ham, salad
Dinner; 4oz chicken, 5oz boiled potatos, carrots, brocoli
2 0% yogourts
apple
Extras; 3 squares dairy milk, small glass wine.

Hope the healthy eating works for you, Good Luck.

Tracey

Hi guy's!!

My little one's is much better today thanks Elizabeth - i'm not entirely sure if it is swine flu to be honest, maybe just a bad cough and cold, but as long as she's on the mend. :)

It's great to see so many people joining in this thread now at one point I thought it was only me! :D

Everyone's story gives me idea's and inspiration. So here's to us all, I just know that if were all in the right mind set and have the correct knowledge we will definately get to our goals and maintain it in the future! :cross:

Love reading your menu's too it always gives me idea's of things to try myself!

So todays menu...

B - Oats so simple with sultanas and apricots
L - crab stick and cuecumber sandwich (whole meal bread)
D - Gnocchi with tuna pasta sauce (lloyd grossman)

Snacks - 1 pk squares, banana, jelly and fruit pot

Drinks - 1 glass orange juice and flavoured water

Hoping to get to the gym or out for a run this afternoon, and walking the school run.

Weigh in tomorrow, so see you then :wavey:

Hope you little one recovers soon Lisa, must be quite worrying.

Well I need a goo kickin!! Please give me it.
After eating a choc digestive bar this morning I've just sat and ate a bowl of co-co snaps (I suppose having skimmed milk doesnt make that any better does it!) and now I'm feeling like poo. Wishing I hadnt. I feel like I've let myself down. I've craved sweet/chocolate for the last 2 days and now I've given in...twice, feels like I'm a little out of comtrol and I'm a bit worried I wont stop. So I've logged on here to keep my head out of the cupboard.
I must have a small dinner (eve meal) now to compensate at least something.
Apologies to my slinky blue dress, I will work harder for us.

Sorry to be on a downer with that everyone.

Hi Sweetheart,

Maybe you would have been better off just having the co co snaps and to be honest I wouldn't feel guilty about having half a bowl of that for breakfast as long as it wasn't every day...

Don't beat yourself up over it, just let it go it's done now. I can't live without the things I like, especially as I plan to eat 'healthier' for life and therefore I don't stop myself from having them completely (hence the double decker yesterday) :rolleyes: but most of the time, I try to make the healthier choice. So normally when I fancy some chocolate or something sweet i'll have a weetabix milk choc oaty bar which is only 0.5 saturates per bar, or a nature valley oaty bar which is 0.8 for 2 biscuits....

Another thing is I like to keep myself busy, if i am at home not doin much i tend to start thinking im hungry....so thats the time if you can, to go for a walk!!

You haven't let yourself down, but make sure what your doing is sustainable and that your not trying to cut too much out of your diet, i can only speak from experience and when i've done that in the past, i've ended up feeling just like you, thinking whats the point, and giving up!

Your doing fantastically you can definately shift that last bit now, and anyway, you have to, so I can take more inspiration from you so I can get to goal!! lol

Seriously though, were all in this together, and we can do it!!

:D

Hi Sweetheart,

Like Lisamac30 I am doing this diet because I can have the things like chocolate that I crave. You haven't let yourself down at all.

I'm going to buy some mini bars of chocolate (cadburys freddos, or fun size mars) because I can't eat a couple of squares of choc and wrap the rest up for another day. I know it should be the same but if I have to eat the whole bar it had better be a small one.

Hopefully that'll take the craving away so that I won't binge.

Tracey

Back