Calling all those 'Healthy eating' or 'Changing lifestyle'

Morning all!!

So I've lost 10lb this month :party0049: so i'm very pleased :D

Todays menu is...

B - Oats so simple with sultanas
L - wholemeal pitta with chicken and salad and a squidge of low fat houmus
D - WW meal

Snacks-not sure yet so 2 or 3 or either of these....banana, fruit salad, oaty bar or muller fat free yoghurt

Drinks - water, flavoured water and a highlights hot choc

I'm off to step aerobics this morning, so thats always a good work out, and I managed a 45 min run yesterday afternnoon :cool:

Have a great day!! :wavey:

Morning everyone

Going great at the minute hope I can keep it up.

WOndering how long to wait until I get weighed am thinking a good few weeks.

Yesterday I had

small bowl muesli and skimmed milk

3 pagan crisp rolls and cheese triangle - half a cup a soup

2 digestives

beans on 2 small slices wholemeal bread

2 digestives and a few grapes

will post later and good luck everyone

been walking to work and back still which is about 7 miles a day as well.

I will be over the mooon if I loose 10 pounds each month, well done!

Which hypnosis did you use, was it someone who came to see you? Also do you listen to cd's or anything else still.

I find the CD I listen to soooo relaxing, in fact its probably the most relaxed I have ever been which is good for me!

Love the thread by the way, I wasn't sure where to post but your thread seems to suit me just fine.

Helen x x

Thanks Miss Jelly tot, and Helen. :)

Well done on your walking helen that will definately make a difference!

I haven't lost 10lb every month, last month was only a 4lb loss, but I think its due to picking the exercise up a bit more the last few weeks!

No I don't listen to any hypnosis Cd's or anything. At first I used some of the techniques she told me quite a lot like visualising a slimmer me, and asking myself questions if I felt I was going to be very naughty like, do I really want this creme cake more than I want to lose weight, and of course the idea is that you'll say no and choose a healthier option. She also told me to make small changes, skimmed milk instead of semi, wholemeal instead of white, and only do exercise I enjoy because otherwise you are more likely to give up if you don't like something or if you are very hungry - it all makes sense to me now....

Yes I went to see her (hypnotist) at her house and she didn't only focus on the food she also went in to my background and other issue's which she gave advice on too because as we know it's sometimes other things that are going on in our life that drive us to the fridge, so if you can also manage those your half way there! :D

But now to be honest I don't feel I need to use the techniques, i'm focused on the goal and I know what I need to do to achieve it, I enjoy exercising now whereas I didn't before, and that with more sensible eating plan seem to be the key - a way to go yet though, but i'm looking forward to the journey! ;)

It's great that your CD's are relaxing you and helping though, do whatever it takes I say... :p

Good luck on deciding when to weigh in whether you decide on weekly, fortnightly, or monthly, try and aim for the same day/date/time each weigh day.

I won't be posting tomorrow as I'm going to my sister in law's birthday party on the isle of wight :happy036: so speak soon :wavey:

Hi, 10lb in a month is great.

Is everyone else really disiplined by only weighing themselves once a week or month? I'm going to weigh-in every week but I can't resist getting on the scales inbetween weigh-ins. I know all the reasons why you shouldn't; weight fluctuations etc but can't resist it. Am I the only one?

Tracey

Thanks Jenny, hope you and the kids are doing ok!

Well i've had a really busy weekend, party on Fri (probably went a bit over the top on booze) but had a great time, and family friends stayed the rest of the wk end - food wise i've done well, couple of treats but thats ok :D

Todays menu is...

B - 1 slice wholemeal toast with clover lighter and marmite
L - wholemeal pitta with ham salad & low fat houmus
D - prawn biriyani (asda fresh tastes)

Snacks - 2 or 3 of the usual list ;)

Drinks - slightly sparkling flavoured water and maybe a highlights hot choc if im cold tonight :p

Maybe walk the school run later but no other exercise today got too much to do!!

Hope your all doing well...?!

Hi All,

Well yesterdays dinner changed just slightly as we decided to get a take out and I had a massive burger, chips and garlic mushrooms!!! :rolleyes:

This week is going to be a funny one as my daughter is singing at the o2 arena tomorrow so were there most of the day (no exercise) and then im off to Prague with a mate fri till mon partying (and appart from lots of walking probably they'll be no other exercise there either)so come next week, i'll be less busy and back on form... :D

Todays menu however is...

B - oats so simple and 1 slice toast with marmite
L - wasn't hungry
D - chicken kiev with gnocci and tuna pasta sauce

snacks - WW double choc pud

Drinks - flavoured water and a hot choc

Hope your all well :wavey:

And there was me thinking that I did really well losing whole 8lbs last month!!! lol
Fabulous loss hun - keep it up!!! xxx

8lbs is great mini....well done you!! :happy036:

Todays menu is...

B - Oats so simple with sultanas
L - wholemeal pitta with low fat houmus and chicken salad
D - WW meal

Snacks - cadbury brunch bar (wont be buying anymore of these as I love them and thats dangerous!! lol)

Drinks - flavoured water

No exercise today as im busy packing for Prague tomorrow yay!!!

Looking forward to getting back to exercise next week though, I miss it...

See ya next week! :wavey:

How long are you staying in Prague?
It's a fabulous city - I've been there twice!!!

I'm going with my mate fri-mon can't wait....wanna see all the sights but it should still be a relaxing weekend for me as the kiddies are staying at home! :)

It sounds like a fabulous weekend ahead.
I am sure you'll find it a fascinating place - not to mention that all the running around will most definitely help you to lose this extra lbs!!!! Have a smashing time hun xxx

Hi LisaMac,

This is a great thread. I am sort of trying to get to where you are... managing my diet with real food and exercising. I am using CD soy based products from the US and food (salads, tuna, etc.). I am doing a CD and low GI plan combo. However, I need to be a litter stricter and work on portion control.

Also, without increasing my exercise it is going to take me an enternity to lose the 2 stone I gained after I stopped exercisng last winter (it took months, but I did it).

I had lost nearly 5 stone on LL, and kept it off (even losing more)for about 4 or 5 months... then I started gaining at about 2-3 per month. And, when I went back to the States for 3 weeks I gained over 1/2 a stone!

Anyway, you are very positive and inspirational -- thanks again.

MM

This is a great thread. I am sort of trying to get to where you are... managing my diet with real food and exercising.
I need to be a litter stricter and work on portion control.
Anyway, you are very positive and inspirational -- thanks again.

MM
I couldn't agree more. To begin with I thought abt it as a diet and couldn't wait to see it to end. But I came across many post saying that it's not really dieting it's new way of life and I am sticking by it 100%. There are so many posts regarding of Christmas period cause ppl really want to have time off. I don't see it as a time off. Of course I will not be as strict as usual but by following healthy plan on day to day basis we are teaching ourselves how to listen to our bodies. I still go for chinesse or indian and I am sure that I will have most of the Christmas goodies but I know when to stop and I have learnt to control my portion size. I never thought this would be possible. So, although I am still officialy following ww - I created my own version combining my fav stuff from every diet. I move more and have more energy. I think this is way forward so really thank you for this very useful thread. xxx

:happy096:

That's fantastic Lisa, well done! :cool: :cool:

Gosh I've had a long week, one more work day tomorrow then a day off, thank goodness.

Foodwise much as usual this week, just continuing with my normal healthy eating. Decided to get on the scales this morning, and nearly died - I'm now 11st 5.5lbs, so I've lost 5.5lbs this week! I have to say I'm completely amazed at my weight loss since I decided to take the responsibility for my eating into my own hands. For the last couple of months that I was following the Slimming World plan, dutifully 'counting sins' and having my 'healthy extras', my loss had slowed right down. In the three weeks since I decided to stop dieting and just start trusting myself to eat sensibly using what I've learned, I've lost 11.5lbs. :D

I'm so delighted, I thought it would take a few weeks or maybe even months to feel that I could depend on myself to regulate my eating, but it's all going very well. I'll probably weigh again next week, but if everything is still OK then I think I will follow Lisa's example and just get weighed once a month. This seems to me a more 'normal' attitude to take.

Wow :party0038: well done Elizabeth thats a great loss!! All the best for this week/month :D

Well I'm back after a great weekend in Prague. Ate and drank well, but also did soooooo much walking, and also a lot of laughing, but now back to reality, and i've missed not going to the gym so i'll be looking forward to getting back in to it either tomorrow or wednesday!!

Hope your all well, and thanks for your posts!! ;)

Feel really down today, got no energy and i'm a bit weepy!!! :sigh:

Don't know if any of you have seen any of my posts about whats happened between my hubby and I this year (basically found out he'd been cheating for quite some time, and there have been various issue's with our relationship) But for the last couple of months things have been OK, i've thrown myself in to my exercise and college and i've been pretty happy with that side of things and tried not to think about everything else. I think having a bit of a break at the weekend though, and also talking about relationships with my friend (who i've known since the age of 5!!) It's kinda brought everything back, and realised (although i probably already knew) that we have a really crap relationship!!!
I just wish it didn't effect me anymore and I didn't care that he doesn't seem to care or love me, but I do, and that makes it even worse!

I didn't get up till gone 11am this morning which isn't me, i'm supposed to be doing an assignment to hand in tonight but I just can't be bothered to go anyway, and the food shopping's being delayed till tomorrow....I'm comfort eating, although that doesn't bother me so much as I know i'll burn it off at the gym but if I didn't feel like this I wouldn't be doing it!

Then when I feel like this I start missing my Mum 10 times more (she died of cancer nearly 5 years ago) I dunno life ey, I find it very hard at times....but then I think of people far worse off than me and start to feel guilty!! Grrr

Hope your all ok, thanks for listening to me moan...:wave_cry:

Hi Lisa,

I'm not surprised you're feeling really down with all that to cope with. There'd not be anything I could say that would make you feel better, but I do feel for you and of course you'll miss your mum. There's no-one ever quite like your own mum.

Getting up after 11.00am never hurt anyone and don't feel guilty about anyone else having problems. Just because someone else has problems it doesn't make yours any less real.

Tracey

Back