Calling all those 'Healthy eating' or 'Changing lifestyle'

Lisamac30

Hi, :wave_cry:

Although there is usually someone there for support and advice about litterally anything on Minimins, I think it would be nice for those of us who are not really on a 'diet' as such but have changed their lifestyle and/or are Healthy eating to have somewhere we can also share posts together, our experiences, advice, menu's, exercise etc...

My story is that back in June I decided to go and see a Hypnotherapist, in a last ditch attempt to lose weight before embarking on weight loss surgery. I had been on 'diets' before like many others on here, lost with some, not with others but along with having 2 children in between I always put the weight back on. :cry: I had 2 sessions with her, she gave me a few really helpful tips, and i've been going great gun's ever since. :p My aim is to lose 7lb a month, I started the gym about a month ago, and I really feel I have managed to litterally change my lifestyle, therefore losing weight, and most importantly of all for me, in a sustainable way. :D

I would also like to know if there are any others near my neck of the woods, interested in meeting up occasionally, maybe going for a walk/run and share advice?! :flirt2:

So, anyone else doing the same as me?

Hi, I prefer to say I'm not dieting, I'm eating healthily, or changing the way I eat! I try to eat as healthily as possible, with the odd treat, and staying within a certain amount of calories per day.

I think it's much more healthy to say you're changing your lifestyle than simply dieting, as IMO, with dieting there's an end point, and I want to eat this way forever!

Yeah absolutely, I agree Louise :)

Well as there are not many joining me as yet, i've decided to start writing my daily menu's and excersise here, which will hopefully help me make the right choices, and also maybe give others idea's for their menu's....

So today...
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast with clover lighter and marmite
L - WW Carrot & Lentil soup (yum)
D - 1 breaded chicken breast, some super noodles and beans
Snacks - 1 pack french fries, a milk choc weetabix oaty bar, and a muller fat free yoghurt.

I've been to the gym this morning and done 10 mins walking, 30 min's running, 10 mins on the exercise bike, 10 mins rowing, 10 min's sit up's, leg raises and squats, and 50 reps each leg on the inner/outer thigh machine...

Today I have had or will be having...

B - oats so simple with a few sultanas and dried apricots
L - Prawn and cucumber sandwich with a sqirt of very low fat mayonaise
D - WW frozen meal
Snacks - 1 pack french fries, dole jelly pot with fruit and 1pk nature valley oaty bar

Drinks - 1 small glass orange juice, slightly sparkling flavoured water and a healthy options hot choc

No time for excersise today as I have to finish an assignment for college tonight!! :(

Hi

I too have been trying to change my lifestyle. I didnt want to not post but will come back when i am feeling better and see how your doing and let you knwo how im getting on.
Good luck

NIkki

ps sorry for not stopping but cant concentrate at the mo xx

I'm not overweight but I felt if I kept eating and the living the way I was it wouldn't be long until I was so I decided to change my lifestyle and eat healthily a couple of weeks ago. I'm finding it very hard though

Thank you Lisa for starting this thread, I was wondering where on Minimins I belonged now - I started the Slimming World programme as 'a diet' a year ago today, but the effects have been far-reaching on me psychologically as well as physically, to the point where I now regard myself as a healthy eater rather than a dieter-following-a-plan. I've been thinking a great deal about the difference between those two states recently, after something of a wake-up call on the SW board as regards the obsessive nature of 'dieting'.

More later, I just wanted to say thanks for starting the thread and I look forward to participating and reading everyone else's contributions!

Hi Lisamac!!

For me I haven't joined a gym, but I've stopped snacking on those things that are totally bad for me.

Before I started dieting:
Breakfast: Good ol' fry up...Eggs, sausage, bacon, tomato and mushrooms
Lunch: Sandwitch along with almost half a pack of buiscuts and tea
Dinner: Usually a ready-cook meal

Snacks throughout the day: in total, (the other) half a pack of buiscuts, 2 packets of crisps, pot noodle, ice cream and some chocolate...
and I wonder why I now weight 203lbs

Now Im on my diet I eat:
Breakfast: Cereal with no extra sugar
Lunch: Sandwitch, One slice whole meal, other white.
Dinner: Fish with sweetcorn & peas

No snacks but a hell of alot of water!

My friends did exactly what I'm doing..Eating less, but staying in the right amount, and it turns out she has lost 50lbs in the past 3 months and also she enjoys eating healthier food rather than fatty foods!

So I'm giving it a go aswell, to see if it works for me.

I look forward to reading everyone else diets and how they go about loosing their weight...:D

HIya

Sorry about earlier was not feeling great. Still dont feel great but better.

I agree with healthy eating and lifetsyle change. I have done numerous diets over the years and have recently decided that i needed to change my way over the weigh i eat.

I got myself a personal trainer who i see twice a week I also starting eating better and was exercising 6-8 hours a week.
I think i over done it as i was also working 40 hours a week. I have now been ill for 3 weeks. Last week my trainer was on holiday so i was glad of the break, I have also spent the last two days in bed due to feeling like i had flu but the cold bit has gone and i now just ache....
I am back to work tomorrow and will contact my trainer and try see her again next week when im feeling better. I dont want to put myself back again.

Anyway i feel this is my way forward even if it has been a slow weight loss process, this time round.
Anyway i will now start a new thread for my lifestyle change in the diary.
Nikki xx

Nice to hear from you ladies, i'm glad it's not just me :D

I look forward to reading all your posts too!

Todays menu is...

B - Oats so simple with sultanas and apricots
L - WW soup
D - Chicken stir fry

Snacks - Muller fat free yoghurt, Weetabix milk choc oaty bar, dole jelly and fruit pot.

Drinks - 1glass orange juice, slightly sparkling flavoured water (lots of)

90 Minuite work out DVD, and walking the school run :cool:

Have a nice day :)

Well today my menu is...

B - Strawberry crisp cerial & skimmed milk
L - Half a sandwich with Tuna and Cue (very low fat mayo) light phili splendip - just discovered them and they are yum!!
D - 2 sausages, mash, cabbage, carrots,peas & gravy

Snacks - Dole jelly & fruit pot, banana

Drinks - slightly sparkling flavoured water

I was planning on swimming this morning but it was over 50's so I went in the jacuzzi and steam room instead - not exactly exercise but did my muscle's the world of good after my work out yesterday!! :D

Walking the dog, and the school run.

Lisa your doing fantastic hun!!!

Keep up the good work.

Today's menu...a little different! :flirt2:

B - Oats so simple with sultana's and apricots (can you tell i like it now it's cold)
L - Injera and Siga with babera aka BBQ Beef with onions and peppers, and lamb in a smooth chilli sauce eaten with a kind of thin bread - african food from Eritrea (my eldest daughter and I had lunch with her dad)
D - im still full from lunch so if anything i'll have a small snack if i'm peckish later

No excercise today as we've been busy :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the gym tomorrow :D

Hope your all well,

Good morning Lisa, glad to see you're doing well despite feeling a bit under the weather. :)

I've just done a little happy dance in my kitchen, I got on the scales just to reassure myself after my first few days of healthy eating on my own, rather than following-the-diet, and I've lost another 3.25lbs. I was 11st 13.75lbs, OMG I'm under 12st!! I'm over the moon, I started out a year ago weighing 19st 1lb and here I am now, with less than 3st left to go. I practically screamed. :D :D

It's particularly pleasing because I'd made the decision to leave behind the 'dieting' aspects of what I've been doing on the Slimming World plan, ie 'counting sins' and having 'healthy extras' (normal people don't think in those terms, and I want to eat like a normal person), and just move forward with what I've learned about healthy eating, using my own intelligence and common sense. It was a little nerve-wracking because I didn't know for sure what would happen once the 'safety net' of the diet was taken away - would I really be able to rely on myself to just eat healthily? I needn't have worried because the answer is a resounding yes, clearly I CAN rely on myself to make good choices using the knowledge I've gained. For the first time in my life I feel confident in this area. It's very liberating to know that.

So, onwards and upwards (or downwards, I guess!). Good luck to all the healthy eaters, have a great day everyone. :cool:

Hi All,

Feeling a lot better in myself today :D

Last night I had a glass of rose, and later a healthy options hot choc and a nature valley oaty bar

Todays menu...

B - half a bowl of honey hoops and skimmed milk
L - 2 small slices of toast with marmite (actually it was all that was left, 2 end bits!! lol)
D - small prawn cocktail, Small roast beef dinner with cabbage, carrots, peas a yorkshire and gravy, and a WW pud :p

Snacks - 1 pk squares and a banana

Drinks - 1 glass orange juice and slightly sparkling flavoured water

Todays exercise...

Went to the gym, managed to knock 4 mins off my personal best for running 5k and did it in 35 mins, I am aiming for under 30 mins in order to run the race for life next year in a good time :D

I also did 10 mins on the bike, 5 mins rowing machine, 10 mins sit ups/leg raises/press ups, 50 reps each leg on the inner/outer thigh machine, and about 5 mins weights.

And for those of you who haven't seen my other posts, here's some motivation for you....

I joined the gym on the 1st Oct (approx 6 weeks ago) I could only just about run for 3 min's. I could never run at school, hated cross country etc but always secretly wanted to be able to run. So by going to the gym 2-3 times a week, generally doing 1-2 exercise classes in between, and losing weight fairly gradually,my fitness level has improved, and ive just built the running up bit by bit by adding a few mins on each time. Once I realised this was something I could actually achieve, I decided to set myself the race for life goal, (which i've walked a few times previously in memory of my Mum) and run competitively, and like I say i am now able to do 5k which is 3.1 miles in 35 mins!!! :eek:

So for all of you who don't think this kind of thing is possible, it absolutely is, and believe me if I can do it you certainly can!

Have a great day :D,

Back