Calling all WEMITT Fashion Gurus

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by pigletville, 19 September 2010 Social URL.

1. pigletville

pigletville Full Member

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Diet:
    -
    Hi all - looking for some fashion advice re swimsuits here.

I'm seriously thinking about starting swimming soon and would like to ask your advice on the most flattering design shape of swimsuits. I've been reading quite a bit about it and there seems to be conflicting info out there - isn't there always?

I am looking for a one piece - bit of tummy support and and some kind of secret bra jobbie but my main concern is legs - are swimsuits with legs flattering or not? I'm thinking of a legsuit or would this be a no no?
    Any views would be appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. TRISTAR

TRISTAR Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I've always noticed in the shops that any of the plus size swimsuits are low leg. I really don't get this at all. I prefer a high leg, as I like them to elongate my leg rather than make it look even more stumpy. My latest swimsuit has a v shaped chest, and has some vertical stripes down the sides. I've found it to be the most flattering one I have had at my current weight. I'm an 'apple' shape, so horizontal stripes are a no-no for me. I think if you bought a swimsuit with legs in I don't think it would be flattering, and would, if anything, draw attention to areas you might not be happy with.

pigletville likes this.
  4. colly strings

colly strings ooh la la

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.5lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting/gym
    get a swimdress! i love them x

5. satinwings

satinwings Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    21st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Defiantly good advice! Swim dresses are very flattering, I was worried as I am only 22 and thought I may look old fashioned but I got a plain black one and I feel as comfortable as I can in Lycra lol:D. I have seen all age ranges in swimsuit and think they all looked fab.

Simply be have several different designs and have a great range of sizes and lengths.

pigletville likes this.
  6. pigletville

pigletville Full Member

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Diet:
    -
    thanks for all the answers so far - it's so personal isn't it? I don't mind my legs except for the very top flabby bits - which is why I thought about the long legs. I hate my breasts, maybe a bit strong, I mean I hate showing my breasts to all but my OH (!!!) and it annoys me in plus size shops that so many clothes are low cut.

I suppose I have a couple of dress sizes to drop before I venture to the pool so I have time to decide and time to try on a few various designs.

The dress idea will get some further consideration - I hadn't even considered one of them.
    Thanks y'all :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.