calling slimmers who go to group - question...

Tracie Green

Silver Member
can you really save up your syns? whats slimming worlds veiw of this? aS ive got a party tomorrow and im not gonna lie, i want to get a lil bit sloshed ... lol i weigh in every monday and have used up 21.5 syns so far this week, so could have a fair few vodkas and coke if im allowed??? please help, dont want to feel like ive ruined it tomorrow, if i cant use banked syns i wont x

you could but i always say dont! the beauty of flexible syns means u can allow yourself an indulgence and carry on the next day back on track! just set yourself a new syn limit and keep track of your drinks...then the next morning, start fresh and dont beat yourself up x

i think it depends on the group you go to to be honest, some say you can and some say you cant.

I think SW are against it to prevent binge eating/drinking. If its once in a blue moon I say go for it....you have to practise for normal life!!!

If you find yourself doing it every week then I would think thats not healthy and should be discouraged.

it certainly doesnt happen every week!! i have a litle boy so a night off is very rare!!! lol x

I use my sins for a few week voddies most weekends but have diet coke in mine:).
As long as you don't get a kebab, pizza, chinese or an indian on the way home:p.
Enjoy your night off x

oo no certainly not planning on eating anything i shouldnt, just want vodka and diet coke!! lol x

We were talking about this in group the other night. The flexi syns ensure you dont start resenting being on sw and just blow it, give yourself a syn allowance and keep control and your all good. I would say though that despite good intentions I would ensure you have a syn free curry ready for when you get home...saves you getting munchies and blowing it :) Go and have funxx

hell... go for it, either flexi syn or save and use (remember and save some for the hangover takeaway ;-)

enjoy your night

xx

You'll be fine, you have loads of syns saved up and it sounds as though you are determined to stay on plan. I count weekly and it's worked for me. Have a fab time - sounds as though you've earned it!

And vodka is only 2.5 syns for 25 ml shot, so you could have 6 vodka and diet cokes and still stay in the days syn limit if you want to do to by the book!

I like to use weekly syns for this sort of occasion and keep 5 each day til WI. My C said it was fine to do that and that flexi-synning rteally was for "one offs". I would be gutted if I flexi-ed and gained even though I know that's what could happen... but weekly means I won't gain. :)

I don't go to meetings now, but when I did my consultant said you could save up the syns to use at the weekend or for a treat if you wished.

My Consultant says they have found that people who go over their 10 syns (even tho it says you can have 15 they recommend 10) are likely to have slower losses (or gains) however, if its only once i shouldnt think its an issue, LOL x

can you really save up your syns? whats slimming worlds veiw of this? aS ive got a party tomorrow and im not gonna lie, i want to get a lil bit sloshed ... lol i weigh in every monday and have used up 21.5 syns so far this week, so could have a fair few vodkas and coke if im allowed??? please help, dont want to feel like ive ruined it tomorrow, if i cant use banked syns i wont x

Not really! you can flexi-syn, as mentioned set yourself a number of syns and stick to it, 50syns for example.

or

You can come off plan for one night.

There's no guarantee you will gain weight and it might not make a difference, but flexi-synning is as above. Some people combine their syns for weekends. Some consultants say this is ok, and a lot of SW'ers do the self-same thing.

Interesting to see the comment that 10 syns are suggested. I'm doing SW at home, but went to a group years ago. The advice then was to start with 15 and reduce to 10 when you got nearer to your goal. I always thought this was a good idea as it seemed to offer flexibility to reduce further, and most people found that after a few weeks when they learnt SW ways of cooking they didn't need as many syns.

i enjoyed my vodka very much indeed... i ended up having 35 syns but im still uder 70 for the week so thats ok x i prey i whavent put any on though!! Weigh in in the morning... fingers crossed!!

Back