Calorie Counting Diary 2013

lillymac

After a good 5 years where I've tried & given up on numerous diets I've woken up to the fact that I need a long term sustainable plan.

I'm always tempted to cut calories to 1,000 or less in a bid to speed things up but I have a history of eating disorders for the last 15 years so it really isn't sensible for me.
I've bought a crosstrainer & am planning on 1,500 calories a day, not eating my exercise cals back but going up to 1,700 if I'm really hungry.
Will start posting my food from tomorrow

Sounds like a sensible intake figure! Look forward to reading your diary. Good luck!

Thank you x

I've ended up at 1,640 cals today so not too bad. 30 minutes on the crosstrainer tonight too.

It was interesting to track the calories as I wasn't trying to eat differently to lose weight or "be good" but I still had to reign it in to not go over. Most foods I usually eat when I'm not trying are so high in calories it's no wonder I got fat. Having tracked today I'm surprised I'm not bigger to be honest.

These cal limits are perfectly do-able for me & although I may "only" lose a pound a week I think it's a pound I'll keep off - I've tried more extreme diets but I weigh the same now as I did a year ago so figure a slower approach is a better fit for me, at least it'll be consistent (hopefully!)

First week at 1,200 calories and happy with my 3lb loss.
I haven't felt deprived or starved once & I've learnt a bit about what's worth my calories. I've had to call time on chocolate for the fact that once I start eating it I can't stop but am going to let myself have a special Easter egg at Easter so am not saying I'll never eat it again.

Feel so positive today that I'm back at doing what I know is good for me & it's working, by June/July (when summer hopefully kicks in) this belly will be well & truly gone!

First week at 1,200 calories and happy with my 3lb loss.
I haven't felt deprived or starved once & I've learnt a bit about what's worth my calories. I've had to call time on chocolate for the fact that once I start eating it I can't stop but am going to let myself have a special Easter egg at Easter so am not saying I'll never eat it again.

Feel so positive today that I'm back at doing what I know is good for me & it's working, by June/July (when summer hopefully kicks in) this belly will be well & truly gone!

Well done you! Yes, it's good to let yourself have some treats too, so well done for making a sensible choice for that, to let yourself have some chocolate at easter. I was talking with a friend recently who read a diet book which said that binging is a natural part of the body's process so it's better to schedule it in :)

Also, I gather by your post that you've had a week at 1200 cal rather than the 1500 - 1700 you started on. Just wanted to gently remind you that you had really good reasons for not going too low in your cals, and you wanted something sustainable very long term, not fulled by impatience. So if you find you start feeling restricted by 1200 remember you can go higher and it still does work. However if 1200 is working good for you at the moment, then awesome! Just reminding you to keep an ear out for your emotions and what they're telling you too...you know whether you're happily at 1200 or whether you're in impatience / uber-self-control / deprivation mode, and where that leads to if you are and you don't do something about it.

Best of luck and well done on your great losses so far!! :)

Back