Calorie Counting with Choc_bananas

It's crazy how little snacks like that can add up to so much! But hey, you are burning cals and been doing well so a little 'off' day won't matter in the long run :).

Thanks Erin!

Wednesday 6th Feb:
B - Porridge, raisend and chopped nuts - 304
L -Mexican rice and chopped spicy chicken, a yoghurt - 391
D - Ham, eggs, oven chips and fried onion/red pepper/mushrooms - 575
Snacks - Toblerone - 184
Water/tea - 3.5 litres
Exercise - Zumba 45 min - 350 calories
5 a day - 4/5

Total - 1454

Tiny bit over on calories today but it is negligible so i won't stress over it (although the perfectionist in me wan't it at 1450 or under!). Thoroughly have enjoyed every morsel, hunger really is the best seasoning :). I burned a bit less than anticipated, i thought that dvd was an hour long but it was only 45 minutes, so tomorrow i will do an hour dvd as i need to burn 550 calories to take me to my 2500 total for the week.

Off for the big shop tomorrow, got my list ready and again planned lots of delicious meals to help keep me on track and not feel like i'm dieting! Most of the weekend meals are the same as last weekends because i just enjoyed them so much; i will not be wasting over 700 calories on a measly McDonalds though this time! We are having tortilla pizzas tomorrow yum yum, then i'm thinking Chinese again Friday, my hot rolls and chips, and my fake chippy tea on the other days. Then Monday it's chicken pasta i think, sausages, mash and beans on Tues, then ham, chips and eggs again next weds (it's a cheap and cheerful meal ;)).

I have been reading up on nuts and am going to get some almonds tomorrow to add to porridge, i'm doing the healthy eating gradually rather than doing it all at once, one step at a time. I want to get to my goal within 6 months and add little habits very gradually along the way, more fruit and veg, healthy fats, fibre rich foods etc, so this time next year i should have a well established really good, well balanced diet. I've always drank a lot of water so that's great and i'm getting regular exercise of different endurance and intensity, so i just need to keep those two things up and add other habits bit by bit.

Ok, i have over rambled there i think! Adios amigos xx

Thursday 7th Feb:
B - Nothing...i was out and about until lunch - 0
L -Asda fresh pouches, chilli beef noodles - 369
D - Tortilla pizza, oven chips and sweet chilli dipping sauce - 715
Snacks - Toblerone - 184, Feast lolly - 160 - 344
Water/tea - 3.5 litres
Exercise - Turbofire Fire 55 EZ - 550 calories
5 a day - 2/5

Total - 1428

Just a quick entry tonight, i am shattered and have a busy day in work tomorrow. Today has gone well, tea was gorgeous! I don't usually buy ready meals but the ingredients on the fresh pouch looked great; strips of beef, egg noodles, carrots, peppers and spinach in a sweet chilli sauce. Quite pricey at £2.50 though so i will probably only buy them every once in a while.

I had a really good workout tonight, i definitely deserved my Toblerone afterwards! I hope i have done enough to get my 1lb loss, i have done a lot of exercise (2500 cals worth over the week!) but as you know i have gone over on calories by quite a bit on one day in particular. I really do hope it has worked though because i would hate to have to reduce my calories, this is very sustainable for me at the minute and my urges to binge have seemed to lessen. All will be revealed in the morning anyway!

Nighty night xxx

Friday 8th Feb:
B - Oat so Simple porridge with chocolate and clusters - 275
L -Sandwiches and crisps - 470
D - 500g Singapore Vermicell from takeaway - 690
Snacks - Curly Wurlyx2 - 230, WW sticky toffee pud and ice-cream - 232 - 462
Water/tea - 3 litres
Exercise - None - 2000 calories to go
5 a day - 1/5

Total - 1897

:eek: Woohoo i lost 2.75lbs!! My numbers worked out that i should lose 1lb so where the rest came from has confused me, there could be a number of explanations! I'm certainly not complaining though.

Just goes to show that for me this last week, eating so much along with exercise has really worked, i haven't been deprived of anything and most importantly i haven't binged.

So the plan for next week; keep at the numbers that i used last week, hoping to be 11st 8 this time next week and get a 1lb loss. I'm not going to increase my calories because although i have lost more than anticipated it could still be some water weight as it's only my second week...plus my TOTM is due next week and i always seem to lose some weight the week before...it's the two weeks following that i struggle on usually.

I want to stay grounded and not let this get to my head otherwise i'll start getting lenient and bending rules. If i eat my allocated calories and burn my 2000 through exercise it will work! Stick to the rules, i love rules! LOL

I'm just really really grateful that this is working and motivation is still high which is great. I am enjoying my food so much more than when i am starving myself or bingeing.

Here's to the week ahead and another 1lb to bite the dust!

Good luck all, off to the Chinese for me! xxx

Great loss well done its always lovely when it's more than you expect, your meals look lovely as well

Hi, you seem to be doing really well. Your well ahead of me in terms of your weight but we have the same end target and end date. Your doing so well so far keep it up :)

oh well done on the loss! you seem to have a better balance re: hunger pangs now so hopefully you're well on your way to a sustainable plan of eating for the post-diet maintenance days too!

i wish i could do those zumba dvd's but i know i'd just put it on and settle on the sofa and watch rather than participate... heh

Thanks all, i'm really chuffed and began today on a high...long may it continue!

Friday 8th Feb:
B - Peanut butter on wholemeal toast - 238
L -Pasta in a tomato sauce with chilli low low spread stirred through - 418
D - 2xWW petit pain's with cheddar, tuna mayo and red onion, with oven chips - 770
Snacks - Fea
st lolly - 160, Toblerone - 184 - 344
Water/tea - 3 litres
Exercise - Pump it up dvd 550 - 1450 calories to go
5 a day - 1/5

Total - 1770

I went over by 100 calories yesterday, i ate a bit too much chinese! So i have shaved 100 off today's food, leaving me with 1770 calories exactly. I was disappointed to only burn 550 calories this morning when it said 600 last week, i think it's because i have updated my weight and it's now 7lbs lower than when i first set it up. That's why i've took 100 cals off todays food rather than do extra exercise, it will be harder to get to the 2000 as it is this week as my readings are going to be lower everyday.

Anyway, going to eat my hot petit pains and chips in a moment...starving!

Night all xxx

Sunday 10th Feb:
B - Peanut butter on wholemeal toast - 238
L - Sandwiches and crisps -460
D - Tilda egg fried rice, oven chips, curry sauce, wholemeal bread - 826
Snacks - Maltesers, Feast lolly - 347
Water/tea - 3 litres
Exercise - Rest day - 1450 calories to go
5 a day - 1/5

Total - 1871

Yum i am loving peanut butter on toast at the minute, it is so moreish! I have it on 2 small slices of bread but could easily polish off another 2 (or 3!) after it!

Today has been nice, i'm trying to work on de-stressing, i've been bringing work home but accidentally turned my office computer off whilst i was working remotely from my laptop at home on Saturday. It was a blessing in disguise, i managed to switch off from work and have really relaxed since. Hopefully this will pass at work anyway, we are seriously understaffed but have no room for anyone else at our current premises...we are moving in a month or two though so should ease up.

I've not had tea yet, going to make it in a minute then watch 'Being Human' on BBC3 (i love anything like that!).

Looking forward to a new week, feeling really positive and think i have got a good balance at the moment.

Hope you lot have a good week. Night all xxx

Food sounds nice, ain't had peanut butter on toast in agessss. Love it though, another thing added to my shopping list lol

Yum i am loving peanut butter on toast at the minute, it is so moreish!

screw the toast, give me a SPOON! i nearly sat on the floor int he middle of the kitchen with the PB and a spoon the other day, i've actually been craving it. we have a buttload of fruit bread in the house though, it needs eaten before i can go back to my usual PB&B on toast :(

Woop for the peanut butter...i will probably have some on pancakes tomorrow!

Sunday 10th Feb:
B - Porridge, raisens, nuts and blueberries - 311
L - Mexican rice and chicken -300
D - Wholemeal pasta, chicken in a tomato sauce with red onion, mushrooms and red pepper, 30g cheese on top - 590
Snacks - Yoghurt, Feast lolly - 251
Water/tea - 3 litres
Exercise - Davina dvd 40 min 300 - 1150 calories to go
5 a day - 5/5

Total - 1452

Finally had my full 5 a day, i should eat that tea more often, it's so easy to make and so packed full of vegetables.

Got a lot done at work today, feeling a lot better about it, i should be on top of things by Weds, then i am off until the Monday
:D

Feeling really bloated and sluggish, TOTM arrived this morning, carried on and did my workout anyway and felt much better for it.

Anyway just a short one tonight, off to catch up on posts x

Tuesday 12th Feb:
B - 2 pancakes, one with nutella and strawberries, the other with jam and strawberries - 361
L - Wholemeal pasta with a tomato sauce stir in and kerry low low chilli spread -406
D - 3 WW sausages, mash and Heinz cheesy beans - 543
Snacks - Cornetto - 140
Water/tea - 2.5 litres
Exercise - Turbofire Fire 45 dvd 450 - 700 calories to go
5 a day - 2/5

Total - 1450

Oooh the pancakes were absolutely delicious! I know the calories are accurate because they were the shake and pour pancakes! So 55ml was 91 calories, i measured this out twice. 20g of jam and 20g nutella and 20 cals of strawberries...not bad for those calories and i found them quite filling.

Really enjoyed tea too, i like finding filling yummy meals under 600 calories so will definitely be having that again, the beans were nice too i've not tried those ones before.

I had a good workout tonight, burned a lot more calories than expected but it was a tough one!! I deserved those 450 calories! I now only have 700 to go so should be able to do that no problem in the last 2 days to WI. I hope TOTM doesn't affect this weeks results but it will have been 5 days since it started so it *should* be ok.

Bed for me now, busy day at work tomorrow then off until Monday...bliss
:)

Wednesday 13th Feb:
B - Museli and skimmed milk - 256
L - Wholemeal pasta tuna mayo -398
D - Ham, eggs, oven chips and fried veggies - 575
Snacks - Feast lolly and 2 HUGE biscuits - 490
Water/tea - 3 litres
Exercise - Nadia Sawalha dvd 500 - 200 calories to go + an extra 300 for the biscuits today!!
5 a day - 3/5

Total - 1739

Had a slip up after work, i came home so stressed, shouted at the kids, felt more stressed and guilty and then gobbled biscuits :eek: I managed to stop a full blown binge and worked out a lot more than planned (i was only planning to burn 200 cals as doing a big one tomorrow but hoping that a long workout both days will limit the damage). After i had finished i forgot what was even bothering me, that's what exercise does, i felt amazing. I feel so strong and fit now too, i really hope i can keep the regular exercise up, it's actually good for my mental and emotional health lol!

I'm done now until Monday anyway, thank goodness, had my tea at about 9pm and snuggled under the duvet downstairs now with my girls...we are all off to bed soon. Shopping tomorrow and some sort of outing to a play centre or cinema.

Ta ta for now x

Thanks dd82 :)

Thursday 14th Feb:
B - Nothing!
L - Ham, spinach and rocket sandwiches and crisps - 499
D - Fresh egg tagliatelle with sauteed brocolli and salmon - 544
Snacks - Cadbury Triple Choc Roll with vanilla ice-cream - 400
Water/tea - 3 litres
Exercise - Turbofire Fire 55 EZ dvd 450
5 a day - 2/5

Total - 1443

Had such a gorgeous tea today, used olive oil instead of that stupid spray i have been so obsessed with and i could really tell the difference! Only 60 calories in olive oil is well worth it and it's full of healthy fats that keep us looking young!

I keep spending around £100 on shopping a week for me and 2 little ones, so in an attempt to cut down i went to Aldi to get as much as i could from my shopping list. I still spent £42, then another £54 in Asda getting what Aldi didn't have! I really need to cut it down. I know i have not been good at getting my 5 a day but my daughters eat so much fruit and veg it costs me an absolute fortune, especially in blueberries and strawberries.

Hopped on the scales this morning to see a gain of 1/4lb! It was a bit shocking seeing as official WI is tomorrow. I know i have had TOTM this week but i'm not feeling bloated or anything so who knows what's happened, i shall have to see in the morning.

I have looked back over my SW record and can see that it's a loss on two weeks then small gain, STS or very small loss on the other 2 weeks, the ones after TOTM. I'm thinking logically, even with my biscuit binge i have not eaten anywhere near enough calories to have gained anything so it must be due to another issue; this is easy to forget sometimes though
:eek:

We are off bowling tomorrow so that should burn a few calories...just have to stay away from the burger and chips in the Diner afterwards LOL! We didn't go to a play centre today, i was pooped after shopping (not surprising seeing as i didn't eat breakfast), so we went to Hobbycraft and got some bits and bobs. My eldest has to make a train for her school project so she has been busy with that...the youngest has just been busy making a mess!

Going to ring the local college tomorrow about a cake decorating course that they offer. It starts in April but i'm not sure if they have room on it now...fingers crossed that they do because i would absolutely love to do it. I think i would be good at it too, i'm quite creative. I love my job (i'm a para-legal) and have trained a long time for it (hoping to qualify as a solicitor before i am 30!) but i've just got this itch to do something totally different along side it.

Off to bed for me now so good night xxx

Back