Calorie counting.

Sjr1969

Thinking of trying it. Similar in a way to discovery plan I know but easier to log as calories are written on everything usually. Just not sure if to count the veg or not. Sarah x

Hi Sarah, Good way to start there.. and counting the veg and fruit is a good thing as there are quite a few cals in some of them.
Have you worked out what your daily calorie amount should be?
If that's not suitable as the fruit and veg can take up a fair bit and you really need to include them what about WW as on their diet most of them are counted as free...or should that be ADDED as free..:D
Several places where you can go to do all the hard work of calorie hunting MFP being one of them.
All the best to you.. :)

That's what I get annoyed with when ccing not having anything 'free'.

Maybe you could take your cal allowance down by say 300/400 and eat fruit and veg without counting it. If the weight doesnt come off then assess if your eating to much or take your cal allowance down a little more. Personally I think doing that would make you make better choices when ccing as your more likely to fill up on fruit/veg to make your allowance go further.

Good luck,
Dan x

I personally like the fact that I have learnt a lot of the points for things. I find it much easier to remember these than the calories. I also like the free veg and that I can have as much as I feel like having. Old style ww also considers the Sat fats as well not just the calories from the fats which are not all bad.

Are you not getting on with ww hun? Ultimately you need to find what works for you and fits in with your lifestyle.

Ah thanks everyone. Hules it's not that I'm nt getting on with it as such, I just need a change. I've mucked around with the new pro points, which I didn't like (thanks tho emmaline), discovery and sw.i need a change that's all and I just need to settle with one and stick to it I suppose x

Back